Definition under the DPA: personal data consisting of information as to:

(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;

(b) his political opinions;

(c) his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;

(d) whether he is a member of a trade union;

(e) his physical or mental health or condition;

(f) his sexual life;

(g) the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence; or

(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.

That’s one part of the disclosure of sensitive personal data. 

Is it? Ok. I don’t think that applies here. It’s a solicitor gathering information.  He can ignore them if he desires (I wouldn’t if I was him). No specific and attributable (to him) allegation of a crime has been made... yet.  His role as a director is also public record. 

But I shall bow to you wisdom....I’m sure he will now report them then. 

I’ll await the ICO judgement. 

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Likewise if the club hadn't kept their receipt too. 

Oh wait... 

Seriously this is AL doing something he should have done before he bought the club. I have no doubt he did, but wouldn't be surprised if Corney did the deal after AL looked at the books. 

The only issue is that AL is on record as saying he bought the club but not the North Stand (or words to that effect). Is anyone actually surprised that AL is resorting to legal action over the ownership of the North Stand? 

The fact that Middlesbrough are taking the EFL to court over the sale of Derby's ground to Derby's owner is a sign that selling stadia to other interested parties is going to happen. However, in most of the cases the sale of the stadium is to give the club more income to spend on transfers. If the club sold the North Stand before AL bought the club, you'd expect it to feature on the books. It may do, but AL's actions indicate it doesn't. Something that is likely to have legal repercussions, if it can be proven. 

Yep.  The very fact these questions are being asked indicates all is not well.  I doubt they are just flying a kite here.  

I’m staggered some fans are so blinded by their hatred that they think this is somehow AL’s own fault for not being smart enough during the purchase.  

The allegation here is that the stand has effectively been stolen from the club by people that the very same fans hated with a passion prior to AL. 

Of course the situation should be investigated and of course the allegations need to be addressed.  Fans should welcome that.

This will mean all previous officers and directors will be asked tough and direct questions.  That’s how these things work.  So I don’t care if that is uncomfortable, they signed up for it... so just deal with it properly.  Nothing to hide? then there is no problem whatsoever. 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

And you would know that...how exactly?

Because I can read?  

Bury’s slow death over the last two years and our current situation are in no way similar.

Bury’s situation was brought about by a multitude of layered debts, in the millions of pounds, secured against the ground and literally dozens of unsecured debts that became CCJ’s.  Our owner can’t take out secured debt against the ground and I’m not aware of any CCJ’s. 

18 hours ago, al_bro said:

No-one or group would in any way want to buy the club at the moment, until all this is sorted out. No matter what we want, AL isn't going anywhere. He may think that he can get his hands on the OEC without paying a penny for it, or at least be part owner, if proof can't be found as to what went on in 2016.

Personally, I don't think any future buyer with an ounce of sense would consider purchasing us until such time as the land/ground, stands and team are under common ownership. The current fragmentation of "assets" desperately needs sorting out (and I mean common ownership, not necessarily one single company).

53 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Leaking documents via fake social media accounts is dealing with it properly is it? 

Whataboutery again!   Like a school playground in here sometimes.  “He started it miss! 😭

No... it isn’t dealing with it properly.  Did I say it was?  But using social media in response isn’t either.  

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Whataboutery again!   Like a school playground in here sometimes.  “He started it miss! 😭

No... it isn’t dealing with it properly.  Did I say it was?  But using social media in response isn’t either.  

Oh dear. 

• Matt locked this topic

Archived