Scott Wilson signs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Cute how folk defend 1 year contracts as a good thing...

They are in some instances but probably not in ours, to be fair this signing should prove to be a promising one but money would appear to be extremely tight given the quality in that squad, I know the seasons miles away and there's plenty of time to strengthen but that squad is shocking as it stands and is a million miles away from what's needed to be competitive. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why not ? Two competitors (whether you like it or not, we are now at their level) better players by all accounts ? One player of season and one the top scorer ! Pretty happy with the transfer business so far tbh. 

Agreed, except we need more and sooner. 

6 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I’m spending Friday nights in decorating five birthday cakes for my son’s fifth birthday party tomorrow. I can sympathise.

You could have just got the one cake with 5 candles like everyone else you know !! Or are you having 5 parties ? 

Either way happy birthday to your little boy 😁

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You could have just got the one cake with 5 candles like everyone else you know !! Or are you having 5 parties ? 

Either way happy birthday to your little boy 😁

Ha, cheers. Five small cakes. Characters from a TV programme he likes.

11 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Like listening to some of our fans on Facebook supporting AL when I read their messages about him leaving. Some very positive. Some saying apart from goals he doesn’t do anything haha. Been their leading goal scorer the last two years must have something about him. 

13 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Like listening to some of our fans on Facebook supporting AL when I read their messages about him leaving. Some very positive. Some saying apart from goals he doesn’t do anything haha. Been their leading goal scorer the last two years must have something about him. 

Agreed.  You will always get that mix.  Out of the 25 posts, a couple are negative and 2 or 3 more say he’s good but limited.

Maybe they are one year contracts with an option in our favour which in my books is better than a flat out two year deal. It keeps the player focussed on performing well and we have first refusal on extending if they do, costs us nothing to release them if they don’t perform or get a long term injury. 

8 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Maybe they are one year contracts with an option in our favour which in my books is better than a flat out two year deal. It keeps the player focussed on performing well and we have first refusal on extending if they do, costs us nothing to release them if they don’t perform or get a long term injury. 

Why aren't all clubs doing it then?

• 1 month later...

Archived