Marvin Kokos signs

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Sorry. I hadn't read the transfer thread and thought it had just been announced. I won't bother again. 

Don't apologise. New signings deserve new threads. It's become a habit on here to confine all chat to about 3 or 4 different threads, it makes it hard to keep up with what's going and it has made this message board a pretty drab and tedious affair for the most part. Back in the day you had new threads not just for transfers and breaking news, but for new rumours too, and the place was a lot livelier for it. Even though we had a "Transfer rumours" thread, we had one for each new window, rather than the current one that dates back to last year. You don't know where to start when you click into it.

Take the "Take over/investment" thread. That was made regarding the initial take over of Al like two years ago, how is it still relevant to post in today? I get there's still questions and discussions to be had regarding his ownership, but they'd be better served being separate discussions of their own based on new information that has come out since, rather than just having one bucket to discuss all ownership discussion. 

It's got that bad that because I never really check the website and follow social media sporadically, I didn't realise Shez had left us for Notts County until like a day after it happened, 'cause nobody created a thread regarding it, it all got discussed in a generic "Shez" thread and I used to use this forum to check for breaking news ahead of all other platforms.

I dunno, it might be just me, but consolidating all the chat into the same threads has ruined the experience of discussing Latics on here.

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Don't apologise. New signings deserve new threads. It's become a habit on here to confine all chat to about 3 or 4 different threads, it makes it hard to keep up with what's going and it has made this message board a pretty drab and tedious affair for the most part. Back in the day you had new threads not just for transfer and breaking news, but for new rumours too, and the place was a lot livelier for it. Even though we had a "Transfer rumours" thread, we had one for each new window, rather than the current one that dates back to last year. You don't know where to start when you click into it.

Take the "Take over/investment" thread. That was made regarding the initial take over of Al like two years ago, how is it still relevant to post in today? I get there's still questions and discussions to be had regarding his ownership, but they'd be better served being separate discussions of their own based on new information that has come out since, rather than just having one bucket to discuss all ownership discussion. 

It's got that bad that because I never really check the website and follow social media sporadically, I didn't realise Shez had left us for Notts County until like a day after it happened, 'cause nobody created a thread regarding it, it all got discussed in a generic "Shez" thread and I used to use this forum to check for breaking news ahead of all other platforms.

I dunno, it might be just me, but consolidating all the chat into the same threads has ruined the experience of discussing Latics on here.

You know you should have started a new thread for this ? This is the new signing one 😩

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Don't apologise. New signings deserve new threads. It's become a habit on here to confine all chat to about 3 or 4 different threads, it makes it hard to keep up with what's going and it has made this message board a pretty drab and tedious affair for the most part. Back in the day you had new threads not just for transfers and breaking news, but for new rumours too, and the place was a lot livelier for it. Even though we had a "Transfer rumours" thread, we had one for each new window, rather than the current one that dates back to last year. You don't know where to start when you click into it.

There’s an option that takes you to the first new post after the last one you read. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

There’s an option that takes you to the first new post after the last one you read. 

I know, but if I've not checked the thread for a lengthy period of time, those first new posts may not be relevant any more so then I have to scroll through and find relevant information. Some pretty big news or points of interest get buried in those threads, when they merit their own contained thread. It's just a hassle to weed them out and then read relevant posts whilst navigating through other posts regarding other talking points in these mega threads. 

2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

I know, but if I've not checked the thread for a lengthy period of time, those first new posts may not be relevant any more so then I have to scroll through and find relevant information. Some pretty big news or points of interest get buried in those threads, when they merit their own contained thread. It's just a hassle to weed them out and then read relevant posts whilst navigating through other posts regarding other talking points in these mega threads. 

First world problems eh? 😉

4 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

If he is as good as the greatest  

Middle weight boxer with the same first name we will be sorted 

So if a footballer is a good boxer, that’s good for OAFC how ? Or are you saying Hagler had a bit in his locker when it came to kicking a ball about ? For balance , I’ll add a third option. Are you just talking shite ? 

13 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Not just you. I barely read this forum anymore and that's one of the reasons. Find out all news via Twitter, whereas this used to be almost as good for keeping a track of things. Always used to like this forum as a contrast to a lot of other club's because it did have many various different threads rather than big mergers. 

• Like 1

Just now, NewBlue said:

Not just you. I barely read this forum anymore and that's one of the reasons. Find out all news via Twitter, whereas this used to be almost as good for keeping a track of things. Always used to like this forum as a contrast to a lot of other club's because it did have many various different threads rather than big mergers. 

Didn’t the mods start the “merge-O-matic” craze?

** Not slating the mods like 

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Didn’t the mods start the “merge-O-matic” craze?

** Not slating the mods like 

My understanding is that the minimising of the number of threads helps keep costs down. That works for me - simply read the latest posts using the button to the left of the thread title.