Bolton

3 minutes ago, youngen said:

Why, cos the season had started 5 games before the transfer window shut? Cambridge should complain when Morais scores the winner to send them down

No, because they played with basically a youth team. They admitted they were fielding a substandard team by unilaterally postponing the Doncaster match. Something they haven't yet been punished for. Doncaster fans aren't happy that they missed their free hit against Bolton yoof. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

No, because they played with basically a youth team. They admitted they were fielding a substandard team by unilaterally postponing the Doncaster match. Something they haven't yet been punished for. Doncaster fans aren't happy that they missed their free hit against Bolton yoof. 

They should be punished for missing that game, but ultimately they were under an embargo, and used the players they owned. If they'd won a couple, who would be complaining? Doncaster are playing against a squad of 12 players still. It's hardly a great Bolton team still.

4 hours ago, youngen said:

They should be punished for missing that game, but ultimately they were under an embargo, and used the players they owned. If they'd won a couple, who would be complaining? Doncaster are playing against a squad of 12 players still. It's hardly a great Bolton team still.

They weren’t ready to start the league and shouldn’t have been allowed to.  They admitted this themselves and proved it by cancelling a fixture.  

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They weren’t ready to start the league and shouldn’t have been allowed to.  They admitted this themselves and proved it by cancelling a fixture.  

Wish we knew about this "shouldn't be allowed to start the season if you're not very good" rule, we could have got our season going in January!

On 9/3/2019 at 11:53 AM, Simpo said:

Wish we knew about this "shouldn't be allowed to start the season if you're not very good" rule, we could have got our season going in January!

Do that every season then hire Shez at Christmas, don't tell me there's no guaranteed formula for promotion 

14 hours ago, leeslover said:

Do that every season then hire Shez at Christmas, don't tell me there's no guaranteed formula for promotion 

He is going to get the boot at Chesterfield soon isnt he, would time nicely again I reckon

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Anyone know what punishment this lot are going to get for unilaterally calling off a match? It's been a while. 

Find out on Thursday I think, the next efl meeting 

On 9/3/2019 at 11:42 AM, kowenicki said:

You seem extremely harsh in your views towards Bury and Bolton Wanderers' plights and expected both of them to be expelled for 'x', 'y' and 'z' reason yet the rest of your posts seemingly support the current regime at our club.

Just to put it into context, there is a massive possibility I reckon that the "wolf isn't too far from the door" at Latics. We sit 21st in League Two, with a squad unbalanced and excessive numerically whilst having little in the way of quality. Off the pitch is far from certain that we are stable and/or healthy.

What will you say, if we're next or 2/3 clubs down the line? 

6 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

It'd be fully deserved.

Certainly would. That said, why don't we (as supporters) become more pro-active and question the ownership and their decisions? We need to apply the pressure, starting Thursday at the Fans Forum in order to stop the current regime in its tracks and try to pre-empt what could become a serious situation 12/24/36 months down the line?

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

You seem extremely harsh in your views towards Bury and Bolton Wanderers' plights and expected both of them to be expelled for 'x', 'y' and 'z' reason yet the rest of your posts seemingly support the current regime at our club.

Just to put it into context, there is a massive possibility I reckon that the "wolf isn't too far from the door" at Latics. We sit 21st in League Two, with a squad unbalanced and excessive numerically whilst having little in the way of quality. Off the pitch is far from certain that we are stable and/or healthy.

What will you say, if we're next or 2/3 clubs down the line? 

Nope.  You’re projecting.  I don’t “support the regime” at all.  I wouldn’t ‘support’ any owner. I support the team. 

I’m on record here saying if we end up there then we deserve the same punishment.  100%. No doubt in my mind. 

14 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Certainly would. That said, why don't we (as supporters) become more pro-active and question the ownership and their decisions? We need to apply the pressure, starting Thursday at the Fans Forum in order to stop the current regime in its tracks and try to pre-empt what could become a serious situation 12/24/36 months down the line?

talk me through that will you... 

25 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Will the forum raise the poor results of the Sporting Director when managers have been sacked and he stays in the job?

Also can they ask if the owner will ever advertise for a new Sporting Director if results take a downward trend, if so what is the salary for the post ?

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

talk me through that will you... 

Yes. Not a problem. 

Ask questions. Stay on their case. Hold them to their bold and expansive statements they make (Championship in 5 years, League One in a maximum of 3) 

Be pro-active and raise awareness throughout local and national media if any issues such as wages become unpaid or winding up petitions arise once more. 

Don't sit back and become apathetic to our decline as a Football Club which has accelerated since the ownership changed in January 2018.

38 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nope.  You’re projecting.  I don’t “support the regime” at all.  I wouldn’t ‘support’ any owner. I support the team. 

I’m on record here saying if we end up there then we deserve the same punishment.  100%. No doubt in my mind. 

I think it's clear that ALL of us support the team. We wouldn't be posting if we didn't.

That certainly doesn't mean we have to or should have to accept clear mismanagement of our Football Club and defend decisions which in certain cases are indefensible. 

If we do end up there, I agree, we totally do deserve everything that happens to us. What I am saying is that we don't have to sit back and accept that as a possibility. 

The EFL won't protect us as seen in cases of Bolton and Bury and as such that leaves responsibility of asking pertinent questions and holding the ownership to account totally in the hands of supporters. Without the power or authority granted, but the least we can do is try and get to the bottom of what looks like a whole host of issues.

Archived