Bolton

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Will the forum raise the poor results of the Sporting Director when managers have been sacked and he stays in the job?

Also can they ask if the owner will ever advertise for a new Sporting Director if results take a downward trend, if so what is the salary for the post ?

I should imagine there will be questions about the Sporting Director role.

If an open forum becomes available towards the end of the Forum, I will try and get this question asked!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Yes. Not a problem. 

Ask questions. Stay on their case. Hold them to their bold and expansive statements they make (Championship in 5 years, League One in a maximum of 3) 

Be pro-active and raise awareness throughout local and national media if any issues such as wages become unpaid or winding up petitions arise once more. 

Don't sit back and become apathetic to our decline as a Football Club which has accelerated since the ownership changed in January 2018.

Ok. But to be fair, it is a live and hot topic right now.  If those things happen then it will be very heavily covered, locally and nationally. 

3 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

I should imagine there will be questions about the Sporting Director role.

If an open forum becomes available towards the end of the Forum, I will try and get this question asked!

open forum good luck with that even if it happens questions will come from selected few 

2 minutes ago, peanuts said:

open forum good luck with that even if it happens questions will come from selected few 

They will no doubt be answering the questions which have been pre submitted first I expect, and there will probably be a short Q and A for people their after that. I suspect most of the questions people going want to ask, will have been covered earlier.

16 hours ago, peanuts said:

I've said this on twitter and facebook. If it isn't open and pre-empt in respect of questions being sought for their convenience then nearer the end, I will be standing up (out of turn or not) and saying my piece. They will undoubtedly ask me to leave but if I go ahead and do that, I will leave of my own accord.

This is the first opportunity that supporters have had (as a collective) to meet and ask questions of the ownership. An ownership which has clearly failed us to date and continues to fail in the running of Oldham Athletic Football Club. If we don't stand now, we won't ever bother so now is the time to raise the questions that need answering. I'm sure you will agree.

16 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ok. But to be fair, it is a live and hot topic right now.  If those things happen then it will be very heavily covered, locally and nationally. 

It may not be in a couple of more months. Also, why do we need to let it get to that stage before starting to question? Why not start now and catch it in its infancy? 

I know you are positive on the whole. Believe it or not, I was deemed a "happy clapper" by quite a few up until about 6 months ago but once you look deeper into things, it becomes so blatantly apparent that the club is in a bigger mess than it ever has been before (and that is hard!) 

Not asking people to be negative, not even asking for people to change their views, that's their opinion. All I am saying is please question the decisions (whether that be to yourself or vocally on here/social media platforms) and think "is this really what the club, our club is about?" 

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Will the forum raise the poor results of the Sporting Director when managers have been sacked and he stays in the job?

Also can they ask if the owner will ever advertise for a new Sporting Director if results take a downward trend, if so what is the salary for the post ?

Would be very interested in the owners take on Nepotism in this regard given the last press statement.

Archived