OAFC Latest Accounts

Just now, LightDN123 said:

You really are a wanker. You called a kid who probably reads this board obese. One he’s not even obese in the slightest. Two, what if he was sensitive to this and your comment had a negative impact on his mental state. Talk about Oldham and not someone’s personal characteristics. 

Removed comment as wasn't aware of the guys age. Not one for YouTube etc. 

Following up the wanker comment with a preach about posting negative comments gave me a mild smile.

thanks for sharing.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a poor communication.

Unprofessional and will only alienate AL even further

Stop with the snidey comments, it does you no credit

Frankly, I cannot believe with a man amongst your Board from the financial world of the likes of JP Morgan that he has signed that update off 

One of the major criticisms of the club is ALs lack of communication 

We now have the FLG who have still failed to publish meeting minutes from a fortnight ago (theyre only trying to buy our club for goodness sake) and to add to that, the Trust blundering around whilst the great ship HMS Oldham Athletic is holed and slowly sinking 

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Frankly, I cannot believe with a man amongst your Board from the financial world of the likes of JP Morgan that he has signed that update off 

We now have the FLG who have still failed to publish meeting minutes from a fortnight ago (theyre only trying to buy our club for goodness sake) and to add to that, the Trust blundering around whilst the great ship HMS Oldham Athletic is holed and slowly sinking 

I’m coming round to the idea that the trust is frankly useless.  All they ever do is “go through the motions”

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Do you mean minutes or an update as to how the night went following the Stockport County game?

6 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Do you mean minutes or an update as to how the night went following the Stockport County game?

There has been nothing released into the public domain from ‘the Boundary Park Purchase Group’ / FLG from their introduction meeting to fans after the Stockport County game.

Yes, I have read an article by @chrisstringer for D3D4. 

8 minutes ago, tGWB said:

There has been nothing released into the public domain from ‘the Boundary Park Purchase Group’ / FLG from their introduction meeting to fans after the Stockport County game.

They've never said they are trying to buy the club either...

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They've never said they are trying to buy the club either...

Yes, you’re right. I stand corrected 

Just the whole of the stadium and the footprint of the land it sits on and the car park. 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

For some reason, probably due to the pictures of the plans, I thought it had come from them however, like you say it came from Chris for D3D4.

Maybe something that needs to be clarified as you say.

17 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

What’s this SAG meeting referred to on Twatter? Poster suggests club havent yet had the go ahead to open the stand at all?

Yet more mis-information to get fans all hyped up over...there won't be any issues at all...

When the stand was first opened in 2015 we had test events which included just opening up the seating areas etc. There wasn't any issues over it. SAG won't have any issues at all but it's all part of the narrative to put more bad feeling out there.

8 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yet more mis-information to get fans all hyped up over...there won't be any issues at all...

When the stand was first opened in 2015 we had test events which included just opening up the seating areas etc. There wasn't any issues over it. SAG won't have any issues at all but it's all part of the narrative to put more bad feeling out there.

Ground safety regulations expert here stating personal opinion as fact.

Did you sit in on those tests or subsequent meetings? Do you know of any conditions around the sign off at the time?

It will probably pass but there will be a need for it to be revisited given half the building is now out of bounds.

It's another hurdle he has put in front of himself, all be it a small one. A bit like if he can put the floodlights on when we play a night game. 

32 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

There's an SAG meeting today...

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Did you sit in on those tests or subsequent meetings? Do you know of any conditions around the sign off at the time?

It will probably pass but there will be a need for it to be revisited given half the building is now out of bounds.

It's another hurdle he has put in front of himself, all be it a small one. A bit like if he can put the floodlights on when we play a night game. 

I was there for the first couple of games as ramp up openings.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/94897/stand-capacity-rises-to-2000

It's not going to be an issue. We both know this 👍

9 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I was there for the first couple of games as ramp up openings.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/94897/stand-capacity-rises-to-2000

It's not going to be an issue. We both know this 👍

I hope it isn't a problem. It is just another small issue AL has brought upon himself though, that is a fact. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Loads of things at this club that should be simple box ticks rarely seem to pan out that way. Filing accounts, notification of directors etc.

Always always pay the agents in full and on time though I bet.

We've increased the playing budget as state. Clear for all to see that that has been the case.

We were very good at getting a high number of quality international trialists in, the majority of which were so good they got 2 year deals.

Managed to tie down deals for top players like Maouche and Vera. 

We also arrange an overseas trip very quickly and smoothly.

Lets show the positives as well guys.

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

What about the lighting inside the stand at the turnstiles and kiosks. Who pays the electricity bill for that? AL has to talk to the FLG some time.

5 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

For some reason, probably due to the pictures of the plans, I thought it had come from them however, like you say it came from Chris for D3D4.

Maybe something that needs to be clarified as you say.

Brooke has answered a tweet from someone saying D34D did a good summary.  So I guess the FLG couldn’t be arsed doing what they said they were going to do following the meeting. 

Have the Trust had the statutory notice of an intention to buy the stadium yet? I’ve missed it if so. 

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Brooke has answered a tweet from someone saying D34D did a good summary.  So I guess the FLG couldn’t be arsed doing what they said they were going to do following the meeting. 

Have the Trust had the statutory notice of an intention to buy the stadium yet? I’ve missed it if so. 

Yes, I have seen Simon's tweet and as such, I'll take it as pretty accurate although I agree they should come out with their own article in relation to the night as stated.

The Trust, as far as I'm aware have 6 months to trigger the ACV should they disapprove of the party that is preparing to buy it. Should they provide their approval of the FLG's prospective purchase, my understanding is that the ACV would not be triggered and the FLG would proceed in their pursuit of completing the ground purchase.

I may be completely wrong with that view so happy to be corrected. As I said, this is just my understanding of the situation.

19 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Yes, I have seen Simon's tweet and as such, I'll take it as pretty accurate although I agree they should come out with their own article in relation to the night as stated.

The Trust, as far as I'm aware have 6 months to trigger the ACV should they disapprove of the party that is preparing to buy it. Should they provide their approval of the FLG's prospective purchase, my understanding is that the ACV would not be triggered and the FLG would proceed in their pursuit of completing the ground purchase.

I may be completely wrong with that view so happy to be corrected. As I said, this is just my understanding of the situation.

Not quite right. Its the owner or landlords in our case who trigger the notice period. I have found the link to the Trust page below.

https://trustoldham.co.uk/stadium-listed-asset-community-value/

As of today, Trust have received no notifications

Thanks

18 minutes ago, underdog said:

Not quite right. Its the owner or landlords in our case who trigger the notice period. I have found the link to the Trust page below.

https://trustoldham.co.uk/stadium-listed-asset-community-value/

As of today, Trust have received no notifications

Thanks

Thank you for the clarification - and a genuine question with no hidden agena.

Does the Trust find it a little odd that the notice period has not yet been triggered? I thought things, via the FLG, were quite advanced in many respects. If the landlords have received a genuine offer to purchase at an agreed price (£7M from memory) why would it not be triggered? (and I appreciate the answer to this last bit can only come from the landlords themselves, in reality).

Archived