OAFC Latest Accounts

Had a dream last night,  AL wanted out, the club went into administration and was thrown out of the league.  The club started back up in non-league with 100 fans paying £1,000 a month into the club and became owners each with a 1% stake.

Can't remember any more but would actually take that happening at this present moment. 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Had a dream last night,  AL wanted out, the club went into administration and was thrown out of the league.  The club started back up in non-league with 100 fans paying £1,000 a month into the club and became owners each with a 1% stake.

Can't remember any more but would actually take that happening at this present moment. 

Stay off the cheese late at night 👍

1 hour ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I have kept away from the "discussions" on here but have to express total contempt for a view that actively supported the idea of being thrown out of the league.  

6 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

I have kept away from the "discussions" on here but have to express total contempt for a view that actively supported the idea of being thrown out of the league.  

No worries Pete, long standing fans like yourself can buy the club outright.😉

43 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

OWTB reaches new "arguing over a dream" levels

32 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

What happened with the trust meeting last night where there was supposed to be an update on the accounts? Sorry if i missed it somewhere

Unless it's the pushing of the proverbial red button I can't imagine what can be said about them.  There are only a few things I want to know about really:

1.  How the debt apparently came down

2. Whether any of the money AL has apparently put in has been in the form of loans

3. The state and terms of the apparently outstanding Necarcu charge

And my guess is that they'll have been sworn to confidentiality on all of them.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Unless it's the pushing of the proverbial red button I can't imagine what can be said about them.  There are only a few things I want to know about really:

1.  How the debt apparently came down

2. Whether any of the money AL has apparently put in has been in the form of loans

3. The state and terms of the apparently outstanding Necarcu charge

And my guess is that they'll have been sworn to confidentiality on all of them.

I'd like to know if Abdallah allowed someone else with a financial background to accompany Darren too.

7 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'd like to know if Abdallah allowed someone else with a financial background to accompany Darren too.

I'm led to believe he had an Accountant with him.

13 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I'm led to believe he had an Accountant with him.

I thought Phillipa from the Trust was going to be joining him but he's been reporting in the singular about him seeing the accounts and reporting back to the Trust.

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I thought Phillipa from the Trust was going to be joining him but he's been reporting in the singular about him seeing the accounts and reporting back to the Trust.

I guess we will find out soon enough whether the accountant he was with was the club one or one not affiliated with the club.

If course if it is the latter - considering he openly said he would be going with an Accountant not currently associated with the club - then that would extremely disappointing and would probably leave us with more questions.

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I guess we will find out soon enough whether the accountant he was with was the club one or one not affiliated with the club.

If course if it is the latter - considering he openly said he would be going with an Accountant not currently associated with the club - then that would extremely disappointing and would probably leave us with more questions.

Exactly.

47 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

22 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I have heard the name Tanvir mentioned....

19 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Club accountant then.

44 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Exactly.

100%.
A really poor decision if that is the case. and goes to the core of my current criticism and frustration. Each meeting/ event/transaction for the Trust should be spelt  out clearly, and  summary timescale spellt out. The two worst examples being that he met with AL, and viewed the accounts, but then said he was not at liberty to reveal anything at all. What can and cannot be revelaed needs to be spelt out, and best practice adopted. My confidence that information is flowing freely is waning.

The one thing I will cut some slack for is that it may take a couple of days for  minutes/reports/updates due to real life jobs, and this timescale is OK, but  a commintment to say 4 days (incl weekends) and stick to it would be helpful for everyone.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Unaudited accounts mean f*** all!!

Especially if they were presented by AL’s accountant.

Not worth the paper they’re written on.

We will be informed tomorrow once little Barry has had the wool pulled back from over his eyes :clown:

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Unaudited accounts mean f*** all!!

Especially if they were presented by AL’s accountant.

Not worth the paper they’re written on.

I think you’ll find they are unless the accountant in question fancies both the sack and potential criminal charges. 

Archived