OAFC Latest Accounts

5 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I genuinely think i'm the only user the mods have taken 'action' on. Still don't really know what for but i've literally been called all sorts in the past and they've done nothing. 

Mmmmmm. Currently under moderation status. But I totally get your drift

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lags said:

Totally agree. 

I'll say this, one or two comments have been beyond acceptance. 

You may well be right about stepping back. Latics losing again is more disheartening 

Lags - I have some sympathy with some of what you are saying. I experienced similar under a previous username when I had the temerity to arrange a fans' meeting with SCorney. In particular, I got some very personal abuse and a couple of veiled threats. I told the "threateners" where I would be after a certain match and they could carry out their threats. I waited - they never turned up.

It took me ages to actually get back on OWTB - my email address had been blocked from joining I think.

Nowadays, I try and take it all with a pinch of salt and not get too wound up. I still occasionally rise to the bait but then have a couple of days off and laugh about it.

Message boards can certainly be a place for anonymous cowards though - of that there is no doubt.

My advice - chill out and laugh about it - it's the only way you'll survive!

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Lags - I have some sympathy with some of what you are saying. I experienced similar under a previous username when I had the temerity to arrange a fans' meeting with SCorney. In particular, I got some very personal abuse and a couple of veiled threats. I told the "threateners" where I would be after a certain match and they could carry out their threats. I waited - they never turned up.

It took me ages to actually get back on OWTB - my email address had been blocked from joining I think.

Nowadays, I try and take it all with a pinch of salt and not get too wound up. I still occasionally rise to the bait but then have a couple of days off and laugh about it.

Message boards can certainly be a place for anonymous cowards though - of that there is no doubt.

I

You are absolutely right. Very good advice, it's starting to dawn on me. About time too 

To further give your advices credence wiseowl. I am currently under moderation status which means one of admin needs to approve before you see this. I get it, I am partly to blame for biting. 

I've had one admin clear the air which is good. I've had another ignore the waiting posts. This one normally joins in with the gang. Yet the thing I really don't get is why. We've never had words of any description in the past. In fact the only dealing I can remember having was driving to the ticket office for him to buy him a match ticket for some big match coming up. He lives a long way away you see. Then met him at the ground. Odd really. 

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It wasn't you or your email, there was a problem with the site. I couldn't even log on from another devise. 

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I genuinely think i'm the only user the mods have taken 'action' on. Still don't really know what for but i've literally been called all sorts in the past and they've done nothing. 

Nah, I got a straight up ban for making too many dirty jokes. It was a stiff one and hard to accept, but I clenched my teeth and took it like a man.

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Blimey. You should have been here when we were literal Nazis.

Fuck me I wish Darren had tweeted saying "OMFG YOU WANNA SEE WHAT VERA'S GETTING PAID LOL BANTZ" so we all had something better to talk about. 

We're bottom of the league and the staff pension contributions haven't been paid but let's resurrect twatty imaginary debates from years ago and make out there's a North Korean style suppression of freedom of speech on this forum. Je fucking sus. 

4 minutes ago, leeslover said:

We still could have been, if you'd stayed true to me.

Am I right in saying there was once a relatively long drawn out process of proving your credentials before you were allowed to post on owtb? Just saying. A kind of fit and proper review.

Just now, lalalajpkalala said:

Am I right in saying there was once a relatively long drawn out process of proving your credentials before you were allowed to post on owtb? Just saying.

There was. Back in the good old days. When locals and opposing fans alike gave enough of a shit to want to cause bother.

2 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

Am I right in saying there was once a relatively long drawn out process of proving your credentials before you were allowed to post on owtb? Just saying. A kind of fit and proper review.

If there was, it clearly didn't work 

2 minutes ago, rosa said:

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE YOU FASCIST PRICK 

Erm, I was actually displaying my wokeist credentials by showing my support for everyone's favourite Asian-American celebrity chef.

Archived