OAFC Latest Accounts

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I know two of those personally, one very well. And I can 10000 percent say that they would not be happy if we lose games - both have bought Season Tickets and both take their sons to watch us - just because they aren't happy with the regime doesn't mean they want us to do anything other than be successful...

One of them is the biggest attention seeking bullshitter I’ve ever come across though. You’ll know which one I’d imagine 

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

One of them is the biggest attention seeking bullshitter I’ve ever come across though. You’ll know which one I’d imagine 

Could you narrow it down a bit <_<

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Erm.. 🤔

Out of the two I know, it's close competition tbh

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Ergo you cannot treat any tweet proclaiming a Dale lead seriously. Nor that he represents loads, tyhat's Fake News.

Here is his post. Hardly lauding Dale.

13 minutes ago, singe said:

Ergo you cannot treat any tweet proclaiming a Dale lead seriously. Nor that he represents loads, tyhat's Fake News.

Here is his post. Hardly lauding Dale.

No it isn’t. But yes it’s bullshit attention seeking, he wasn’t even there to see how the game went. He’s a child. 

8 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Haven't got the time or interest to name a listload but 3 utter cretins for a start are Kusunga is God on here and Dean Hutchings and Matthew Bourne on Twitter. There’s plenty of others. All ready to deny they’ll revel in our defeats & crow from the rooftops. Yet they do it at the first given opportunity. Bellends. 

I think some long standing humour is passing you by with the latter two there Ross and I'd be amazed if both of them weren't buzzing if this shitshow somehow saw us at the right end f the league. 

KIG is alright too albeit a bit weird in that way many millennial's can be :lol:

My posts sometimes can rile a few up but the day I want Oldham Athletic to get relegated or lose heavily i'll be long gone from this board. I know Kowdog loves to call me a child (which I think is slightly weird) but I am currently at university and for all my life this football club has been an absolute joke with a few decent FA Cup days thrown in just to keep you on your toes until the next shitstorm. I get frustrated and tired by the whole charade of secrecy, lies and total fuck ups which has been going on for so long. Yes I get annoyed when people try to play down on-going sagas but on the other hand I probably get  too passionate after matches or after off the field events transpire. I have met quite a few members of this forum in person and funnily enough it didn't end up in a total fist-fight. I think I was 17 at the time but I also went down to that Corney meeting in which he invited some esteemed members of this board to who in turn didn't show up. 

This is my club, all my mates are City, United or any other Premier League club that they've only turned up to 10 times and I could easily switch to any other club I could ditch it all and go watch the team which is right next to my Uni but I won't because I cling to the hope that we'll experience joy once again but I don't think it's going to happen again anytime soon as long as these clowns are in charge.

FWIW that Bourne fella is hardly my biggest fan.. 

For starters I don't post much, but I am a long distance fan (Worcester) having moved here after my wife died 6x years ago.
All my family, including Barbara my deceased wife have been following Latics for over 40x years, when my business existed in Oldham we poured a fortune into keeping the clubs computers up and running for little return, but it is our club.
So we have a so called "clown" in charge who appears to be putting money into the club hand over fist and as we can see doing it his own way, so he finally leaves OAFC who in their right mind is going to support the club financially, look around us locally to see the shenanigans of some of our local neighbours to see where we could end up, remember not long ago we we're there ourselves.
So why don't we just sit back take a breath and see what happens, I don't believe there's any lottery winners on this board so at the moment we have to go with the flow, even if we don't like some actions.
I've finished for now so will go back into my "read only" mode.

Lofty

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

I was furious when we beat Fulham.

I was. I went out on the sesh on the Saturday night and didn't bother going (with train ticket and match ticket paid for).

Went to sleep when we were one nil down, thinking I had made the right decision - and woke up to find that we had won!! I was gutted 😬😔 

15 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

I was. I went out on the sesh on the Saturday night and didn't bother going (with train ticket and match ticket paid for).

Went to sleep when we were one nil down, thinking I had made the right decision - and woke up to find that we had won!! I was gutted 😬😔 

Next time we get a PL team away in the cup, can you do the same again please?

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

My posts sometimes can rile a few up but the day I want Oldham Athletic to get relegated or lose heavily i'll be long gone from this board. I know Kowdog loves to call me a child (which I think is slightly weird) but I am currently at university and for all my life this football club has been an absolute joke with a few decent FA Cup days thrown in just to keep you on your toes until the next shitstorm. I get frustrated and tired by the whole charade of secrecy, lies and total fuck ups which has been going on for so long. Yes I get annoyed when people try to play down on-going sagas but on the other hand I probably get  too passionate after matches or after off the field events transpire. I have met quite a few members of this forum in person and funnily enough it didn't end up in a total fist-fight. I think I was 17 at the time but I also went down to that Corney meeting in which he invited some esteemed members of this board to who in turn didn't show up. 

This is my club, all my mates are City, United or any other Premier League club that they've only turned up to 10 times and I could easily switch to any other club I could ditch it all and go watch the team which is right next to my Uni but I won't because I cling to the hope that we'll experience joy once again but I don't think it's going to happen again anytime soon as long as these clowns are in charge.

Fair play, that's a bloody good post. You've wound me up once or twice in the past (as I've done to others - it's a club we all care about) but your heart is in the right place.

Blimey that sounds patronising, don't mean it to. You are spot on re the :clown: as well.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It's football...just a game.

You are not old enough to remember when going to the actual games was really all there was to it.

Win or lose. Go for a pint and have a moan or a good laugh.
Shenanigans off-field and in the boardroom were never really an issue.

For some, they still ain't.

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It’s not what you say it’s the way that you say it. 

23 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's football...just a game.

You are not old enough to remember when going to the actual games was really all there was to it.

Win or lose. Go for a pint and have a moan or a good laugh.
Shenanigans off-field and in the boardroom were never really an issue.

For some, they still ain't.

I think most of us on here would love to return to the days of just turning up to support a viable team without any thought for behind the scenes activity.Unfortunately some of us have either friends,acquaintances or just people that we admire who have been badly treated by the current regime. They have either been sacked or decided to leave and get out of the club they once loved. It is difficult to set aside feelings in those circumstances and some of the vitriol spouted on here against the current Board is rooted in those feelings.

15 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I think most of us on here would love to return to the days of just turning up to support a viable team without any thought for behind the scenes activity.Unfortunately some of us have either friends,acquaintances or just people that we admire who have been badly treated by the current regime. They have either been sacked or decided to leave and get out of the club they once loved. It is difficult to set aside feelings in those circumstances and some of the vitriol spouted on here against the current Board is rooted in those feelings.

Equally.... those days being fondly spoken of were not littered with stories of community assets being laden with astronomical amounts of debt, that the very existence of many are now challenged by. This is why today’s generation of football supporter feels - rightly or wrongly (however you look at it) - entitled to know how their community asset is being run. Free market economics, boom & bust, newco’s and liquidation are not IMO the acceptable realities of a globalised modern society that should be thrust upon football clubs. It’s wrong. The authorities need to regulate. I might not always agree with @Kusunga_Is_God‘s choice of language, but to accuse him and other genuine Latics fans who frequent here or other forms of social media of revelling in our demise is to obfuscate and is offensive.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Equally.... those days being fondly spoken of were not littered with stories of community assets being laden with astronomical amounts of debt, that the very existence of many are now challenged by. This is why today’s generation of football supporter feels - rightly or wrongly (however you look at it) - entitled to know how their community asset is being run. Free market economics, boom & bust, newco’s and liquidation are not IMO the acceptable realities of modern society that should be thrust upon football clubs. It’s wrong. The authorities need to regulate. I might not always agree with @Kusunga_Is_God‘s choice of language, but to accuse him and other genuine Latics fans who frequent here or other forms of social media of revelling our demise to obfuscate and is offensive.

... and calling fans that attend games geriatric lemmings isn’t? 

I do do think you are probably correct to be fair about this, but I wouldn’t underestimate the attraction to some personalities of being able to say “I told you so... I was right!”. 

51 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

This

8 hours ago, kowenicki said:

... and calling fans that attend games geriatric lemmings isn’t? 

I do do think you are probably correct to be fair about this, but I wouldn’t underestimate the attraction to some personalities of being able to say “I told you so... I was right!”. 

Have I ever once said "I told you so..... I was right" about all the posts I got pelters for with regards to Corneys reign and the distrust I had in that bloke?.

It honestly isn't about us wanting to fail to prove a point, some fans just won't accept this bloke because of the way he treats people, runs the club, tells lies.... you see the same defence of this bloke that the Corney fans used to throw out, it's a trodden path and all the signs are there that this fellas motives may be flawed so why not put pressure on him to behave in a more honourable way for the greater good of the football club, anyone not worried about how this man operates really needs to wake up in my eyes but we all see things differently.

One final point and this is where my info on Pete Wild came from this week with regards to the Halifax job, I wasnt in Pete's company but overheard a conversation he had with a mutual friend, Pete Wild for all he did was offered peanuts and I mean peanuts to be manager of our club (a kid leaving school would be disappointed to be offered the wage) now he was still tempted to take it obviously but went on to say the he couldn't work for Abdallah particularly with his brother around calling the shots, he went on to say he'd of ended up losing the job by now in any case because he wasn't allowed to get on with the job and wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut so had to get out, I have no reason at all to think he wasn't telling the truth but it just goes to show what a shit show it must be at BP when a true fan finds probably his dream job unmanageable. 

Same bloke is a mate of Steve Eyre and he said Clarke will be offered a one year deal at Fleetwood. It was Eyre who invited Clarke to traini with them as he's a big fan of his.

Archived