Get Behind the boys in Blue

As the season is fast approaching as we all know things are not great. We seem to all be bickering about numerous things the manager, the players , were the money goes. he said she said what if ect ect.

Despite for the first time in years I have as yet not bought a new season ticket. I will be attending every home game cheering on and supporting who ever pulls on that  blue shirt. 

As I have since my grandad took me in 1967 . Because that's what we all do its in the blood.

Lets try and enjoy the season in what ever direction it sends us.

COME ON YOU BLUES................................................................

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JohnG123 said:

As the season is fast approaching as we all know things are not great. We seem to all be bickering about numerous things the manager, the players , were the money goes. he said she said what if ect ect.

Despite for the first time in years I have as yet not bought a new season ticket. I will be attending every home game cheering on and supporting who ever pulls on that  blue shirt. 

As I have since my grandad took me in 1967 . Because that's what we all do its in the blood.

COME ON YOU BLUES................................................................

That's the spirit John 

We all have history with the club and an inner pride no matter what.

2 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

Thanks John, recent events had almost caused me to lose faith in the bunch of no hopers masquerading as an Oldham Athletic team but, you have put me back on the straight and narrow.

Roll on the 4-0 demolition of forest green :OASISscarf:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

If you intend to go to every home game, why would you not have bought a season ticket?

Good Question.

I have been a 100 club member with 2 season tickets every season since its inception.

At the moment no one can tell me where my £750 per 100 club season ticket is going are OAFC receiving it or the OEC ? for a standard  

I do not want to pay £280 to the football club in one payment as listening to all the rumours the season ticket money received for the season has all ready been spent.

I would rather pay £25.00 per game and sit in the main stand as at least I know that money will go to the club.

Also hopefully paying on the day will add to the cash flow of OAFC and cannot be spent until I have paid to attend a game.

Just my thoughts even though I know personally if I buy a season ticket it works out at roughly £11.00 per game as opposed to £25 I hope this might assist the club.....................

• Like 4

As much as anyone says how angry they are about the clubs state, disappointed in new players, anger over the Royle stand, boycotting this n that, we all know that come next week every one of us will either be there or listening or watching text updates supporting the lads. It's what we do. We moan n moan n we cry n scream but Oldham fans always back their team no matter what. Which is why I've converted a few red n sky blues to latics fans

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

As much as anyone says how angry they are about the clubs state, disappointed in new players, anger over the Royle stand, boycotting this n that, we all know that come next week every one of us will either be there or listening or watching text updates supporting the lads. It's what we do. We moan n moan n we cry n scream but Oldham fans always back their team no matter what. Which is why I've converted a few red n sky blues to latics fans

Agree with the sentiment Chris but, this time, there has been a sea change in attitude amongst many. A poor start will a) see the core support drop to its lowest for a very long time and b) result in a very toxic atmosphere pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Agree with the sentiment Chris but, this time, there has been a sea change in attitude amongst many. A poor start will a) see the core support drop to its lowest for a very long time and b) result in a very toxic atmosphere pretty quickly.

I still think it will be not far short of the usual support. I started suppoting when I was about 7, the season after we got relegated from prem. Twenty odd years of a downward spiral with no successful seasons apart from one or two play off challenges which failed miserably. Yet I still go because whatever happens it's still my team. However it's run or however bad we perform, its still my club. And I think more ppl than not, will be there at the start of the season. Even if they voice their concerns, they will still be screaming if we score and still singing after a win. We will never be a set of Blackpool supporters stopping games etc

5 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

Good Question.

I have been a 100 club member with 2 season tickets every season since its inception.

At the moment no one can tell me where my £750 per 100 club season ticket is going are OAFC receiving it or the OEC ? for a standard  

I do not want to pay £280 to the football club in one payment as listening to all the rumours the season ticket money received for the season has all ready been spent.

I would rather pay £25.00 per game and sit in the main stand as at least I know that money will go to the club.

Also hopefully paying on the day will add to the cash flow of OAFC and cannot be spent until I have paid to attend a game.

Just my thoughts even though I know personally if I buy a season ticket it works out at roughly £11.00 per game as opposed to £25 I hope this might assist the club.....................

Can u not buy the club? You sound loaded 😁

• Like 2

I am desperately trying to drum up the enthusiasm to get my arse in gear and get back to BP to watch Mo Lemsagam's charges take to the field as an Oldham side. I am 50 years a supporter (emphasise the word supporter rather than fan) but I genuinely can't get this current ownership/ business model and the trail of destruction they are leaving behind off-the-field as well as on. This club appears to be a million miles away from the one I fell in love with 50 years ago. They were skint then, had just been relegated to the bottom Division but you know what, they actually chose a charismatic Scotsman to lead us out of the abyss and back to an even keel. I know the game has changed beyond recognition and a Frizzell is not around at the moment but Mo Lemsagam as a Sporting Director recruiting the players? I think not.

I cannot attend Forest Green next week due to prior commitments but am hoping to do the 2 home games & Bastard Rovers away but I am in desperate need of some cheer on an Oldham front. A few beers with Binman and others may be just the cheer I need, I am far from certain it will come from onfield.           

46 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I am desperately trying to drum up the enthusiasm to get my arse in gear and get back to BP to watch Mo Lemsagam's charges take to the field as an Oldham side. I am 50 years a supporter (emphasise the word supporter rather than fan) but I genuinely can't get this current ownership/ business model and the trail of destruction they are leaving behind off-the-field as well as on. This club appears to be a million miles away from the one I fell in love with 50 years ago. They were skint then, had just been relegated to the bottom Division but you know what, they actually chose a charismatic Scotsman to lead us out of the abyss and back to an even keel. I know the game has changed beyond recognition and a Frizzell is not around at the moment but Mo Lemsagam as a Sporting Director recruiting the players? I think not.

I cannot attend Forest Green next week due to prior commitments but am hoping to do the 2 home games & Bastard Rovers away but I am in desperate need of some cheer on an Oldham front. A few beers with Binman and others may be just the cheer I need, I am far from certain it will come from onfield.           

You always enjoy the social aspect anyway it's just a shame we have to suffer the heartache on the pitch, is unsworthlatic going to FG?

7 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

Good Question.

Do you not think that by continuing to fill his pockets you are giving him incentive carry on what he is doing? Are you even aware what he’s doing? 

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Do you not think that by continuing to fill his pockets you are giving him incentive carry on what he is doing? Are you even aware what he’s doing? 

What’s the alternative ?.

People weren’t queuing up to buy the club from Simon Corney. Whilst to me the FLG should be trying to buy out Abdullah first ..... then sort out the OEC and ground.

Its my team what do you suggest I do ? Buy a season ticket ?  Not bother going ( that’s not an option) ?.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnG123 said:

What’s the alternative ?.

People weren’t queuing up to buy the club from Simon Corney. Whilst to me the FLG should be trying to buy out Abdullah first ..... then sort out the OEC and ground.

Its my team what do you suggest I do ? Buy a season ticket ?  Not bother going ( that’s not an option) ?.............

I just think if people are still happy to part with their cash they are still giving this maniac license to carry on what he's doing. 

10 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I just think if people are still happy to part with their cash they are still giving this maniac license to carry on what he's doing. 

We know. You’ve said.  Anything new to add?