Central Defence - Have I Missed Something?

Now don't look at my posts for facts!

I was hedging my bets, there used to be loan window after the cash money window closed.... God knows what the daft rules are these days. I'm available on a free, could do a job at the back even if it's just getting in the way of the ball occasionally, which would instantly promote me above some of the eejits we've tried to play there recently.

Now we've had the facts, league kicks off on Saturday and (hang-on, just had a text from an unknown number asking me to come in for a trial) we look thin on the ground in all positions, are we sure they all came back from Morocco? Has anyone checked that there aren't some lads in nifty training gear trying to smuggle themselves back in to Northern Africa?

It's pretty desperate isn't it? Bloke who has been flogging players to clubs for years can't assemble a decent 22 of his own across 11 positions. Why did I renew????

9 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Transfer window.

Last season it closed before the opening day, it’s been reverted back to normal now.

The loan and permanent transfer window closes on the same day, that's what I meant. 31st August. Championship and Premier League next Thursday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, beag_teeets said:

Now don't look at my posts for facts!

I was hedging my bets, there used to be loan window after the cash money window closed.... God knows what the daft rules are these days. I'm available on a free, could do a job at the back even if it's just getting in the way of the ball occasionally, which would instantly promote me above some of the eejits we've tried to play there recently.

Now we've had the facts, league kicks off on Saturday and (hang-on, just had a text from an unknown number asking me to come in for a trial) we look thin on the ground in all positions, are we sure they all came back from Morocco? Has anyone checked that there aren't some lads in nifty training gear trying to smuggle themselves back in to Northern Africa?

It's pretty desperate isn't it? Bloke who has been flogging players to clubs for years can't assemble a decent 22 of his own across 11 positions. Why did I renew????

I'd play you ahead of Sefil. :lol: 

Yeah. The one thing you'd expect him to do well and it looks pretty ropy so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beag_teeets said:

Even with an experienced Clarke and good prospect Edmondson we struggled at the back last year 

This is the crux of the matter. I`m all for "blooding our own" and all that but a calm, experienced, strong central defender is needed to marshal and develop both Stott and Hamer IMO. In theory, they should be ok because they do have a fair bit of experience under their belt but, when you watch them closely, they tend to bottle it a bit when under pressure. I fear if we concede 1 or 2 pretty quickly against teams, the flood gates could open far too regularly.

Let's hope Sefil really steps up to the plate.

8 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

This is the crux of the matter. I`m all for "blooding our own" and all that but a calm, experienced, strong central defender is needed to marshal and develop both Stott and Hamer IMO. In theory, they should be ok because they do have a fair bit of experience under their belt but, when you watch them closely, they tend to bottle it a bit when under pressure. I fear if we concede 1 or 2 pretty quickly against teams, the flood gates could open far too regularly.

Let's hope Sefil really steps up to the plate.

He doesn't need to put on any more weight.