Chris Eagles

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Likes to chat.... but yeah, I agree.... came across well...... did he also say, every club has some "snakes in the grass" and Wheater [on club captaincy] will tell it how it is..... :mmm:

6 hours ago, latics22 said:

He actually said snakes in the grass? 

Clearly referring to past clubs and captains, saying Wheater isn't one and he is loyal. Thought I'd throw that in there before it becomes OWTB FACT that he is talking about Oldham 

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

He actually said snakes in the grass? 

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Clearly referring to past clubs and captains, saying Wheater isn't one and he is loyal. Thought I'd throw that in there before it becomes OWTB FACT that he is talking about Oldham 

He said ‘every club has them’.....

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

So he is only 25% as good?

I'm going to go with the idea that both parties wanted to have a look at each other before committing to a longer deal.

Baxter seems to have become the new Forte in OWTB fitness mythology.

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Eagles comes across very well in his interview. Hopefully with him on the right and Nep on the left we have two solid wingers who can both cross a ball. 

Which can only make one wonder why they were the other way round at Cambridge. Nepo got about two minutes on the left before he was subbed. He looked more dangerous in those two minutes than in the previous hour or so 

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Which can only make one wonder why they were the other way round at Cambridge. Nepo got about two minutes on the left before he was subbed. He looked more dangerous in those two minutes than in the previous hour or so 

Was thinking this myself. I think Nep provides a lot more defensively than Eagles (due to his fitness currently). Hamer rightly or wrongly needs the extra protection as positionally he’s questionable. Saying that Smith-Brown is a bit of liability. 

However Eagles got the assist for Vera’s goal and that was from cutting in on the left, was a really good ball too. 

But agreed Nep is much better on the left. 

On 8/30/2019 at 12:01 PM, LightDN123 said:

Was thinking this myself. I think Nep provides a lot more defensively than Eagles (due to his fitness currently). Hamer rightly or wrongly needs the extra protection as positionally he’s questionable. Saying that Smith-Brown is a bit of liability. 

However Eagles got the assist for Vera’s goal and that was from cutting in on the left, was a really good ball too. 

But agreed Nep is much better on the left. 

Eagles was excellent today, Smith Brown will be surely dropped I think after his poor display.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Eagles was excellent today, Smith Brown will be surely dropped I think after his poor display.

I bloody hope he is dropped... so bad!

Eagles was brilliant. Now he’s fit he looks the part. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I bloody hope he is dropped... so bad!

Eagles was brilliant. Now he’s fit he looks the part. 

Very impressed by Chris Eagles' all round contribution today, great touch and influence, ran all game, didn't have quality strikers in front of him to capitalise on good possession ....

Shame not to have Nepo on left wing for support.

53 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You still don't think AL doesn't have his boys or interferes with tactics and selection :laught30:

Clearly twisted my point. He said that there was one major positive. I'm asking why he doesn't think Fage was a major positive because he was excellent 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Fage another major positive unless he's ruled out due to being one of AL's boys?

He was ok Im reserving judgement on him but I feel hes more of a defensive midfielder and feel that he maybe better deployed there with more attack minded players around him.

But Eagles was the one player I thought who was going to get us back in the game.

Sorry Im not gonna take too much from a game where we lost 0-1 at home to Colchester to leave us 3rd bottom of league 2.

• 4 months later...

Archived