Forest Green Rovers (a)

No idea how true it is.

According to a few on Twitter Banny came out of the dressing room after just a few minutes of half-time and sat on the bench for the rest of it. 

Guess it would be hard for those who were there to verify tbh, not really the kind of thing you look out for.

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No idea how true it is.

According to a few on Twitter Banny came out of the dressing room after just a few minutes of half-time and sat on the bench for the rest of it. 

Guess it would be hard for those who were there to verify tbh, not really the kind of thing you look out for.

If it’s true then Mo (cant see anyone else doing the talk in his absence) really is a twat of the highest order

As well as having leadership abilities, the captain should pretty much be the first name on the team sheet. Like with Clarke last season, this season it should clearly be Wheater. Maouche hasn’t shown enough consistency to warrant an automatic start so giving him the captaincy adds to the notion that he’s in the team because he’s a favourite of the owner. 

In fairness to him, his role needs to be free from pressure. Giving him the armband won’t help that at all. 

33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No idea how true it is.

There's an Oldham fan on twitter who was sat in their main stand who says it isn't true. 

When the manager is wearing casual clothes they will easily be confused for fans. 

11 hours ago, inspectormorose said:

not a disaster and you don't get relegated after your first game.

Possibly a slight overreaction going on?

Agree it's early days but we've now gone over 4 1/2 hours without scoring a goal.............. against the mighty Stockport, Halifax and Forest Green.

Yesterday FGR had 65% possession and we didn't register a shot on target or even get a corner.

Let's hope you are right and this mini trend doesn't continue.

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

There's an Oldham fan on twitter who was sat in their main stand who says it isn't true. 

When the manager is wearing casual clothes they will easily be confused for fans. 

Are they saying it’s not true because they saw him leave the field with the team though? 

8 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

You'd have thought the media would be all over this if true.  It’s too much of a great camera moment.... think Neville Southall and Hull City at Man City.

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not chuckle is it?

Yet again he was in confrontation with Oldham fans yesterday managing to get Danny Taylor chucked out for calling him a bully, asked the police/stewards to sit him in the main stand because he was scared, fucking arse wipe.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow! 😲 

I was at the game yesterday and I cannot help but think that one or two on here have it in for Maouche. Yes he didn’t have a great game yesterday but he was nowhere near as bad as some are making out.  With Woods, Wheater and Mills being the exceptions, the rest of the team were fairly average at best. 

A poor performance resulting in defeat so let’s lump on the captain. 

😮 

Sorry mate, but he was lightweight. I never once saw him try to motivate anyone, his passing was rubbish and he just didn't look interested.

He wasn't the only one, though. Too many didn't look up to the job, but I expect more from a captain. Woods and Mills did more organising.

16 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Sorry mate, but he was lightweight. I never once saw him try to motivate anyone, his passing was rubbish and he just didn't look interested.

He wasn't the only one, though. Too many didn't look up to the job, but I expect more from a captain. Woods and Mills did more organising.

Disagree Bristol. I saw it differently but I suppose that’s what this board is all about. Captain or not I don’t think that his performance yesterday warrants the heavy criticism he has received. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Don't tell me AL and Mo gave the half time team talk leaving Banide outside?

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

That’s the word on the street.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

If that’s true then it’s game over. 

Are we shocked? Really? 

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Just another day at the fun factory. 🙄

21 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

There is absolutely no point discussing tactics/strategy/lineups because this football club is no longer dictated by anything but nepotism and cronyism.

I'd be amazed if Banide gave a shit about whether we actually win or lose.

Spot on. 

Hence why there was no real analysis/reaction to yesterday loss. All feels a bit pointless. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Agree it's early days but we've now gone over 4 1/2 hours without scoring a goal.............. against the mighty Stockport, Halifax and Forest Green.

Yesterday FGR had 65% possession and we didn't register a shot on target or even get a corner.

Let's hope you are right and this mini trend doesn't continue.

If we don't strengthen, it will continue, that defence will serve us well but they will need to with midfield not doing their holding job which always puts the back four under pressure.

We need a striker who knows what hes doing aswell as a midfielder. quickly.

I might be being a little harsh here but we also need a coach who can motivate with force of personality which filters through your squad. This current coach strikes me as vanilla with not much of a leader.

Apart from Wheater and Mills, the recruitment has been badly lacking with a lot of quantity and very little quality.

One competitive game in and we shouldn't panic but on the back of a terrible pre season I'm worried.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, True Tic said:

If we don't strengthen, it will continue, that defence will serve us well but they will need to with midfield not doing their holding job which always puts the back four under pressure.

We need a striker who knows what hes doing aswell as a midfielder. quickly.

I might be being a little harsh here but we also need a coach who can motivate with force of personality which filters through your squad. This current coach strikes me as vanilla with not much of a leader.

Apart from Wheater and Mills, the recruitment has been badly lacking with a lot of quantity and very little quality.

One competitive game in and we shouldn't panic but on the back of a terrible pre season I'm worried.

One game in 40+ more games to go. granted i didnt go yesterday way to early to be writing us off.. we have some decent players in our squad,  Banide is right he hasnt had long to work with many of them lets see how we fair at the end of august personally i think we will pick up 7 points in August..yes we do need an established forward, personally i would banish Vera to the Dog and Duck sunday league team, but Banide must see sonething in him to keep picking him or its because hes short of muscle up front..And yes i would make Wheater captain , why he isnt is anyones guess but maouche doesnt come across as captain material again Banide must have his reasons

To early to write us , once we get our first win against Crewe things will look different  hope its not papering over cracks though 

Edited by Frankies6
  • Like 1

I didn't go, so can't really comment on how Maouche played, but I'm convinced he's captain because he can communicate well with both the French and English speaking players. This therefore could be a case for him being club captain, but the captain on the field should definitely be Wheater.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

There is absolutely no point discussing tactics/strategy/lineups because this football club is no longer dictated by anything but nepotism and cronyism.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they might get it right at some point though? Even if they fluke it? 

We all often think we know better than whoever our manager is at any given time....

5 hours ago, nzlatic said:

As well as having leadership abilities, the captain should pretty much be the first name on the team sheet. Like with Clarke last season, this season it should clearly be Wheater. Maouche hasn’t shown enough consistency to warrant an automatic start so giving him the captaincy adds to the notion that he’s in the team because he’s a favourite of the owner. 

In fairness to him, his role needs to be free from pressure. Giving him the armband won’t help that at all. 

The rest of the footballing world don't view the captaincy in the way that many of we English do...

Many English players don't place the importance on it that many fans do.