Stott

Iacovitti

Missilou

Sylla

Branger

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Wilson

Most of that XI will probably be OK, but the Centre Back pairing terrifies me.  Sefil will probably start which doesn't make me feel any better, although I think it's really unfair on Hamer and Stott to be expected to hold together the defence without any experience alongside them.

I'm really hoping to get the start of the season buzz that I usually get around this stage that convinces me to go, but it hasn't happened yet.

6 hours ago, rosa said:

Aye but once I realised we were playing O'Grady up front on his own I was desperate for another drink. 

Magic Coke? Hip flask? I don't recall the stewards being all that arsey about bottle tops last season or doing pat downs. 

As for me it's a stop off for something far more pleasing on Sunday. 

Are the vegetarian samosas that good (is it worth me buying some for others to warm up)? 

I miss BP. I miss the walk down chaddy way and round the back of the chaddy. I miss the smell of hotdogs, stale farts and even staler beer that filled the air.

It's not the same watching the game at midnight/1am on the other side of the world.

Even if I let a few off at 11.45 just for atmospheric effect.

Rain or shine for over 30 years and another 20 from here. 

This year, I am worried. Is it my appetite for the game (Or lack thereof) in general, or are we really that shite?

Edit: it may also be because I have a shitty chest infection that has also melted my brain.

Double edit: if we sign Harvey Elliot on a season long loan, my appetite will be restored in full.

Yes I know that we need to enquire first, but hey

Edited by L1onheartNew

13 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I’ve been a Latics’ fan for 50 years.  Despite having no affinity to Oldham, having been born in Newcastle, Northampton and Darlington respectively

Modern day Jesus Christ.

Edited by youngen

I need some help in getting tickets for FGR on Saturday, OAFCBilly can you help please?
I'm trying to get 2x OAP tickets in the covered seats area, but on the website it says there is non available.
I also need them posting to my home address in Worcester as I'm away on holiday in Dorset until Friday.
Any help will be appreciated.

Lofty

16 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Barring any major signings this week, I'd go for:

Woods

Mills

Hamer

Stott

Iacovitti

Missilou

Sylla

Branger

Maouche

Nepomuceno

Wilson

Most of that XI will probably be OK, but the Centre Back pairing terrifies me.  Sefil will probably start which doesn't make me feel any better, although I think it's really unfair on Hamer and Stott to be expected to hold together the defence without any experience alongside them.

I'm really hoping to get the start of the season buzz that I usually get around this stage that convinces me to go, but it hasn't happened yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather we have a Wheater type in by Saturday but Hamer has been around for the best part of two seasons now and Stott's profile is very similar to Edmundson's this time a year ago (time out on loan, dipping in and out of our 1st team)....

I think they could do OK and Mills is a bit of a leader/talker from what I've read pre-season.... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I would always fancy us to beat Forest Green Rovers, regardless of the mess we are in...

On paper (and probably on the pitch too) their squad is certainly better than ours.

Really hope I'm proven wrong but I can't see us getting a point on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather we have a Wheater type in by Saturday but Hamer has been around for the best part of two seasons now and Stott's profile is very similar to Edmundson's this time a year ago (time out on loan, dipping in and out of our 1st team)....

I think they could do OK and Mills is a bit of a leader/talker from what I've read pre-season.... 

Fair point, I personally think that both go on to have good careers and will probably be established players by the end of the season, but I think it's a big risk having them starting the season as a partnership.  Similar with Mills being a leader, brilliant if he is but I'd be surprised if he organises a young defence straight away.

23 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Fair point, I personally think that both go on to have good careers and will probably be established players by the end of the season, but I think it's a big risk having them starting the season as a partnership.  Similar with Mills being a leader, brilliant if he is but I'd be surprised if he organises a young defence straight away.

Mills was doing a lot of shouting and pointing in the Rochdale game, (didn't go this week) I've no idea if it was constructive or not.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Mills was doing a lot of shouting and pointing in the Rochdale game, (didn't go this week) I've no idea if it was constructive or not.

A few training games under his belt,  he'll be one of the better players over the full season

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm hopeful on Stott and Hamer as well, but don't forget George had Clarke alongside him. These boys are in at the deep end, guess they'll sink or swim!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pcassist said:

I need some help in getting tickets for FGR on Saturday, OAFCBilly can you help please?
I'm trying to get 2x OAP tickets in the covered seats area, but on the website it says there is non available.
I also need them posting to my home address in Worcester as I'm away on holiday in Dorset until Friday.
Any help will be appreciated.

Lofty

Think you’d be better using the Twitter feed or that ancient device - the telephone:

0161 785 51510

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Absolutely convinced we'll win - we are the masters at papering over cracks...

You don't believe that really.

It's a bit like your light hearted comment yesterday that we'd easily beat Halifax...