AL - The Positives

Some people seem determined to give the owner the benefit of the doubt so only fair to accentuate the positives.  These are what I can come up with off the top of my head. 

1. Renaming and putting signage up on the North Stand to recognise Joe Royle.

2. Putting signage up on the RRE to recognise Jimmy Frizzell

3. Free scarves for season ticket holders last season.

Others?

Wether ppl doubt it, he has paid off a lot of debts. We aren't out of the woods n by no means splashing the cash, but we are now a lot more financially stable far away from the likes of bury Bolton dale Macc notts c. I worry for our playing side but I don't worry anymore about going under

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Some people seem determined to give the owner the benefit of the doubt so only fair to accentuate the positives.  These are what I can come up with off the top of my head. 

1. Renaming and putting signage up on the North Stand to recognise Joe Royle.

2. Putting signage up on the RRE to recognise Jimmy Frizzell

3. Free scarves for season ticket holders last season.

Others?

I was right behind him to begin with as he appeared to start his tenure by weeding out the dickheads and bad influences - Byrne, Gerrard, Davies. 

• Like 2

It’s a simple equation. If Mr Lemsagam would get himself a manager who knows how to manage in the lower leagues such as David Flitcroft and leave that manager to buy and sell and coach his own players and keep his nose out of the running of the team he might just start seeing a return on his investment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Wether ppl doubt it, he has paid off a lot of debts. We aren't out of the woods n by no means splashing the cash, but we are now a lot more financially stable far away from the likes of bury Bolton dale Macc notts c. I worry for our playing side but I don't worry anymore about going under

That really is not yet proved. 

We don't know if he paid a single penny if the £5m. We still owe a vast sum compared to many.

Skeletons may yet appear.

We cannot rule out converting  that debt to other forms. 

He's not saved much on back of house staff, turnover is high and recruitment costs repeated not reduced staff numbers by any meaningful numbers. 

I can't comment on coaches because I assume he pushed the boat out for Scholes and although I was sceptical of success he had to try.

Pete was not a plan, just 100% luck. 

Jury is still out for me. 

I have no doubt the chairman/president has invested quite a few million into the Club. Just wish he would be more transparent with his full accounts/cash flow to demonstrate it. 

But this is about positives so during his reign, compare to the previous owners reign in his last few years. The club seems to:

Not Had any transfer embargos

Have Paid the parent club for loan players

Have paid away gate ticket sales to relevant clubs

Have Paid outstanding debts from previous owner (think it was the groundskeeping company)

Only been taken to court once (Was in May this yr on a HMRC bill that was settled).

Getting BP its name back rather than....Sportsdirect.com park

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, Alan Francis said:

It’s a simple equation. If Mr Lemsagam would get himself a manager who knows how to manage in the lower leagues such as David Flitcroft and leave that manager to buy and sell and coach his own players and keep his nose out of the running of the team he might just start seeing a return on his investment.

Can I ask, with regards to your username, do you work in education?

I know a Mr Francis that does, that's all and wonder if you are one in the same.

28 minutes ago, underdog said:

I have no doubt the chairman/president has invested quite a few million into the Club. Just wish he would be more transparent with his full accounts/cash flow to demonstrate it. 

But this is about positives so during his reign, compare to the previous owners reign in his last few years. The club seems to:

Have Paid outstanding debts from previous owner (think it was the groundskeeping company)

Only been taken to court once (Was in May this yr on a HMRC bill that was settled).

These are fair enough and as they come from you I will take them as being so. He is just so opaque...does himself no favours. I’d be flaunting an audited set of full accounts to show the debt decrease if I was him. The fact he hasn’t is either a spectacular own goal or... well... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

These are fair enough and as they come from you I will take them as being so. He is just so opaque...does himself no favours. I’d be flaunting an audited set of full accounts to show the debt decrease if I was him. The fact he hasn’t is either a spectacular own goal or... well... 

Spot on Kow. 

He may well have put a good amount in. However, why wouldn’t you scream from the rooftops what you’ve put in. . It might not all be rosy, but at very least it shows you put your money your mouth is. 

38 minutes ago, underdog said:

A few in there but I don't see only being on court once as being a positive and likewise paying loan fees and ticket sales.  They are basic requirements.  I'm trying to find successes that give some indication of strategy and future hope.

Can people please stop saying he's reduced the debt. The edited and unchecked accounts you are working off are over 12 months old. Since then we've gone down, sacked several staff, paid off players, paid off potential unfair dismissal claims, lost our credit ability, pension issue and lost revenue from the North stand. There is not telling how much debt is attached to the club now.

• Like 2