AL - The Positives

5 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Pretty fundamental that considering, at present, the clubs day to day running IS being funded. I've not reached any conclusion...it's a fluid situation to which I'm prepared to see how things transpire.

But it's pretty clear that the current regime has struggled to fund day to day running isn't it? Either that or they can't be bothered paying basic bills on time. 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Fairly sure there was still some time left on the contract and Al negotiated to get it finished early. cheers

It was a 5 year deal from July 2014, and later extended to 6 years. I guess there may be break clauses activateable for either side, maybe if ownership changed.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But it's pretty clear that the current regime has struggled to fund day to day running isn't it? Either that or they can't be bothered paying basic bills on time. 

Until the club becomes self sufficient (a long way off) I'd expect there to be a limited amount of money to which it's paying the most important before others get paid. Happens in a lot of businesses. Someone, somewhere is always going to be caught up in that. As long as the debts are heading the right way (down, not up) then it should be seen as a positive. Not having trips to court is the only indication we currently have that things have improved (even if on the field isn't greatly improving so far.)

As for if that is happening with the debts, you will see elsewhere that I fully support the calls for more disclosure over the club accounts. Over to Darren & the Trust et al.

• Like 1

Why are people still worried if what they are saying about the FLG, and what the FLG are themselves saying, is correct?  I’m puzzled. The futures bright either way. 

Whats the worst outcome if the FLG are as ready as they say they are? 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Until the club becomes self sufficient (a long way off) I'd expect there to be a limited amount of money to which it's paying the most important before others get paid. Happens in a lot of businesses. Someone, somewhere is always going to be caught up in that. As long as the debts are heading the right way (down, not up) then it should be seen as a positive. Not having trips to court is the only indication we currently have that things have improved (even if on the field isn't greatly improving so far.)

As for if that is happening with the debts, you will see elsewhere that I fully support the calls for more disclosure over the club accounts. Over to Darren & the Trust et al.

Seems like the landlord wants the rent paying now. I'd guess they may have moved into the VIP payment list in the last month or so. Hopefully behind peoples pensions, what with that being illegal.

Not sure AL is even trying to become self sufficient when he is cutting off one of the clubs bigger match day revenue streams. He does not make smart business moves that suggest he really knows the business side of things that is so essential. Some of his PR is terrible.

If the FLG can get this income from the stadium to the levels they talk about the club could very well become self sufficient. Given AL has neither the ambition or finance to own the stadium (lol when he pretended he didn't know he'd not bought the ground but had already confirmed he hadn't in his first interview) then the only way to unite the club and the ground is for him and his highest paid employee, sorry brother, to go back to the football agent business.

I can get people not trusting the FLG, really can. No idea who they are bar the 3 life long latics fans so until that is confirmed I can see some will be suspicious, I see the odd bit of jealously on twitter, particularly from other sponsors / business people mind. Once they come clean with who they are then people can really start to back them.  

I cannot get how people can back a Moroccan football agent who has seen us relegated, filled the squad with horseshit, sacked respected and loyal staff, treated those that remain with contempt, employed his brother to overrule managers and will not even engage with the new group of fans running the stadium. I cannot see one positive from his tenure, bar perhaps Nepo. Yes the wages issue seems to have calmed down but that will have been helped by the cup run so I would expect us to have been ok on that front. We still since then have released laughable 12 month old accounts and been removed by the credit agency. 

If he can clarify that he has paid off debts then I would applaud him, really would. His plan of bring in talent to showcase here is not working and he does not have the finances to change that plan. This is the worse squad we have had for 30 years and is a real contender to be relegated yet they talk of promotion. It is all bullshit to me.

I really fear the club will be screwed financially even when he goes as his boys get 2 or 3 year deals that do not reflect their talent or the clubs monetary situation. This is why I am glad that whatever division we are in when he goes (I believe he will be gone in 12 months time) the main assets of the club, the ground, will be in the hands of people who love OAFC. 

To quote Craig Davies (a 2 time player and someone who would walk into our current side) "“With all the good at the club, I wish it well in an unclear future because I can honestly say in the 14 years I’ve been a professional footballer, I’ve never worked for someone that thinks it’s acceptable to treat his staff and players in such a bad way,”

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just shows how twisted and entrenched peoples view of AL are to believe we are currently worse off now than we were under Corney. No talking to them 🙄

We were in League One under Corney.....

It's not the only measure you can use but it's up there with the more important ones....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Not sure AL is even trying to become self sufficient when he is cutting off one of the clubs bigger match day revenue streams. He does not make smart business moves that suggest he really knows the business side of things that is so essential.

He has chosen to do this for the pre-season friendlies - it remains to be seen if that is the case when n the home league games start 🤔

42 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

You've posted your re-hash/spin on events in the wrong topic Clifford.

AL - The positives is the title 👍

Nowt as blind as a man with gammon in his eyes.

Come on big lad, even you can't really think AL has done a good job. 

29 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

We were in League One under Corney.....

It's not the only measure you can use but it's up there with the more important ones....

Anyone with a brain knows it was Corneys last season that took us down. He'd dodged the bullet for years. Then had bank accounts frozen, embargos aplenty and begging his prospective buyer to get him some players in. AL took over late Jan...by then all loanees had gone back and Clarke was farmed out to Bury. We got relegated. Sounds good to blame AL for relegation tho 👍

Edited by boundaryblue80
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Nowt as blind as a man with gammon in his eyes.

Come on big lad, even you can't really think AL has done a good job. 

I love this new breed of Corbynite that uses the word "gammon"

Same sort that uses cringe-worthy phrases as "melt" "banter" and "scored a worldy" 🙄

3 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Same sort that uses cringe-worthy phrases as "melt" "banter" and "scored a worldy" 🙄

Not a fan of JC myself big lad.

I think the language you quote is usually used by the younger generation. Suprised you don't like it's use. 

20 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Anyone with a brain knows it was Corneys last season that took us down. He'd dodged the bullet for years. Then had bank accounts frozen, embargos aplenty and begging his prospective buyer to get him some players in. AL took over late Jan...by then all loanees had gone back and Clarke was farmed out to Bury. We got relegated. Sounds good to blame AL for relegation tho 👍

Actually, anyone with a brain knows it was only managing one win out of our last 12 games that took us down.  Wellens certainly wasn't exempt of blame with some of his team choices, but then again had Al not decided to take things into his own hands during the run-in and start openly criticize teammates to players he'd called into his office, or call meetings to humiliate others players in front of the whole team (particularly before the final game of the season), or even picking which players got paid on time above others, then perhaps we would have found that extra win.

But then again I suppose that doesn't fall in line with your MO (no pun intended) does it..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Very cringeworthy indeed, you Corbynite 🙃

wiafqe.jpg

Edited by sjk2008
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fanny Adams said:

To say things are now better than under Corney is astonishing 

If Corney was still here Sheridan would never of left when we did and the team wouldn't be made up of substandard footballers brought to the club due to alterier motives.

This is ignoring his supposed team tampering.

In an ideal world we'd still be in at least League One with Shez moulding a squad over a few years in his image.  But...

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I think you are ignoring the fact that Corney, by his own admission, was about to fall off a cliff financially. I think we’d be in admin by now. 

...the impression I get is that AL provided the funds Corney couldn't, that allowed Byrne, Doyle and Kean Bryan to be brought in, which in the short term at least made a massive difference to the quality of football being played.  Sadly it was the other players that AL brought in which rubbed Shez up the wrong way, making him feel that his position was untenable.  

4 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Just shows how twisted and entrenched peoples view of AL are to believe we are currently worse off now than we were under Corney. No talking to them 🙄

Sorry BB but we are definitely worse off than at the end of Corney's reign.  I can see that if Corney had stayed much longer that we would've have gone into admin, maybe beyond without another buyer coming in.  But whereas it took Blitz, Gazal and Corney 5 years to start having a genuinely negative impact on the club which slowly lasted for the next decade, AL has accelerated our decline over the last 2 years, wiping out any of the positives that he has done with negatives that will be destructive for years to come.  That is unless there's someone who comes in to slow him down or stop him.

I don't disagree that Corney left the club a mess, but AL has turned it into a different kind of mess and one that we don't look like getting out of.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Wellens said it was AL's fault in a podcast. 

BB80 backed into a corner and only continues to dig himself into a hole. I don’t even think at the start of this whole debacle he was a massive fan of AL. Now he’s somehow convinced himself he’s a fantastic Chairman and the reason we have a rubbish playing squad, staff pension payments haven’t been made and the fact that he refuses to talk with the FLG is actually the doing of Simon Corney because AL can do no wrong.

Drop the act chief. Do you know how morally bankrupt you have to be to back this absolute charlatan of a man? Get a grip.

23 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Very cringeworthy indeed, you Corbynite 🙃

Blimey, that's fucking sad to be searching for my uses of the word 😅

It is cringe that I've used it. But arguing with a Sheff Utd knobhead on twitter or your sort...it's the only sort of word you'd understand. Got to get on the same level. Bantz eh 👍

Edited by boundaryblue80

4 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

BB80 backed into a corner and only continues to dig himself into a hole. I don’t even think at the start of this whole debacle he was a massive fan of AL. Now he’s somehow convinced himself he’s a fantastic Chairman and the reason we have a rubbish playing squad, staff pension payments haven’t been made and the fact that he refuses to talk with the FLG is actually the doing of Simon Corney because AL can do no wrong.

Drop the act chief. Do you know how morally bankrupt you have to be to back this absolute charlatan of a man? Get a grip.

More lies for likes 👍

Just now, boundaryblue80 said:

Blimey, that's fucking sad to be searching for my uses of the word 😅

It is cringe that I've used it. But arguing with a Sheff Utd knobhead or your sort...it's the only sort of word you'd understand. Bantz eh 👍

A matter of seconds is all it takes.

Just might be worth bearing in mind in future if you're going to criticise someone for the use of a particular word, not to be guilty of using it yourself.

As you were.