AL - The Positives

8 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Basic requirements of which his predecessor had previously been massively failing at. Unfortunately, you cut the tree back too far and you’re left with something that’s withering and dying. It’s had to be a complete rebuild of the club that’s been required and getting the basics right is a start. He needs to sort the pension situation next. I find it baffling that someone like yourself Dave, can’t see that there was never going to be an overnight fix to the clubs grave situation. And would take years and someone with a lot of money to chuck away to get us on an even keel. 

Maybe so, but we can't overlook the fact that the coach/manager has little say in who gets signed and who plays.

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

True.  Good quality, well tailored suits too.  Simon Brooke should get some tips from him. 

Did Mr Brooke break in your house Xmas eve and take a shit under your tree Kow ? Or was it the standard found in bed with the Doris after the board meeting had finished early ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Did Mr Brooke break in your house Xmas eve and take a shit under your tree Kow ? Or was it the standard found in bed with the Doris after the board meeting had finished early ? 

My wife doesn’t like short men who wear jackets with sleeves that touch their knuckles... so no.  😁

Just a very unimpressive individual in my opinion.  Sorry. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is only right that Lemsagam is given some credit for steering the club away from the iceberg it was very close to hitting.

Unfortunately the payback has been the virtual loss of the clubs identity.

....but while he & Mo are high-fiving each other, they haven’t noticed they’re now heading for rocks.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is only right that Lemsagam is given some credit for steering the club away from the iceberg it was very close to hitting.

Let’s assume for one moment that his intentions are good and he has ‘steered us away from the iceberg’ there are so many things he could have done better in the process. We could have accepted that cutbacks were needed, but then why were vast sums wasted on overpriced players in the early months and good people sacked without warning? 

I think its it’s safe to say all most Latics fans want is a well run club that promotes youth and brings in the occasional player who might get you off your seat once in a while, coupled with honest communication and transparency toward the fans who spend good money at the turnstiles and time following their team around the country. If he’d gone about it this way he would have people on side and behind him. The fact he hasn’t makes me conclude he only has one thing at heart and it ain’t OAFC. 

18 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Let’s assume for one moment that his intentions are good and he has ‘steered us away from the iceberg’ there are so many things he could have done better in the process. We could have accepted that cutbacks were needed, but then why were vast sums wasted on overpriced players in the early months and good people sacked without warning? 

I think its it’s safe to say all most Latics fans want is a well run club that promotes youth and brings in the occasional player who might get you off your seat once in a while, coupled with honest communication and transparency toward the fans who spend good money at the turnstiles and time following their team around the country. If he’d gone about it this way he would have people on side and behind him. The fact he hasn’t makes me conclude he only has one thing at heart and it ain’t OAFC. 

Very romantic. I’d take  winning the league and being a bit cunty over all that though personally. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What about tall men with sleeves that barely go past the elbows ? 

They're scruffy shits too. 

Now, can you stop talking about other people wives you disrespectful twat. 😁 ta much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Would have preferred him to steer around the iceberg not under it 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Edited by singe

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

This,

Add in the waste of time and money on the Morocco trip.

And then look at who we have signed.

18, 18, 21, 23, 26, 26, 27, 28, 33

Klos at 18 is a tier 5 gamble  no reason other players could do same job

Harry Robinson at 18 is sensible and fits the criteria, but a tiny number of youth signed up

Iacovitti to me is not really a youth, but a fair signing under the circumstances

The rest are just fillers on god knows what wage