Season Predictions

On 7/30/2019 at 8:52 PM, rudemedic said:

Champions- Plymouth 

Dark Horse- Swindon

Relegated - Macclesfield 

Latics - 23rd*

Tics Top Scorer - Vera (Wilson under Pawel's law) 

Latics POTS- Mills

Banide to last the season- No (gone by November 30th).

*Latics saved by one of Bury or Bolton going bust. 

Other Prediction- Another team in each division to be given points deduction for finances. 

This was posted before we signed Wheater for any future people looking up old threads come May. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last 3 games, two of which were against non league, and we’ve to failed to score a single goal. Think against Halifax it was 85mins before we managed a shot on target a feat we couldn’t even equal over 90 minutes today at FGR.

If we don’t improve our goals for column rather sharpish then we are going to struggle just to stay in this league.

FGR, FFS, have we really sunk this low. I went to the fixture last season along with 800 others and that was bad enough but at least we got a point and scored a goal. A 320 mile round trip and not even a shot on target is a piss take!!

Its early days but already we seem to be yet again starting games with a safety first attitude. That’s fine some of the time but the vast majority of our fixtures this season are perfectly winnable. If we persevere with this tactic then I’m afraid our new head coach will not be here for very much longer, along with another large chunk of our diehard supporters.

I would rather lose a game whilst at least giving it a good go and I’m not prepared to watch yet another season of this boring, defensive shite!

Over to you Laurent....you know what you need to do!!!!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Last 3 games, two of which were against non league, and we’ve to failed to score a single goal. Think against Halifax it was 85mins before we managed a shot on target a feat we couldn’t even equal over 90 minutes today at FGR.

If we don’t improve our goals for column rather sharpish then we are going to struggle just to stay in this league.

FGR, FFS, have we really sunk this low. I went to the fixture last season along with 800 others and that was bad enough but at least we got a point and scored a goal. A 320 mile round trip and not even a shot on target is a piss take!!

Its early days but already we seem to be yet again starting games with a safety first attitude. That’s fine some of the time but the vast majority of our fixtures this season are perfectly winnable. If we persevere with this tactic then I’m afraid our new head coach will not be here for very much longer, along with another large chunk of our diehard supporters.

I would rather lose a game whilst at least giving it a good go and I’m not prepared to watch yet another season of this boring, defensive shite!

Over to you Laurent....you know what you need to do!!!!

It was totally gutless going forward, and it pissed down in the 80th min to piss me off even more, one positive was mills 👍was our best forward 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, deyres42 said:

Champions - Scunthorpe 

Dark Horses - Forest Green

Relegated - Oldham and Macclesfield 

Tics - See Relegated

Tics Top Scorer - Vera

Tics Player of the Season - Nepo

Banny to last the season? - Gone before August 31.

Scunthorpe champions :laught30:

• 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ha.  Well done big man.  Glad you’re proud. 

Who's proud? I saw the bookies giving money away so took it. I also said on here that if I made a profit on two Latics related bets this season half would go to the Roy Castle charity and that stands. 

On 7/30/2019 at 2:22 PM, singe said:

On 7/30/2019 at 2:53 PM, OAFC1984 said:

Ahhh I knew all about Desire and his cringey little video - shows the level of my interest this pre season I couldn’t be bothered knowing his full name.

Seems he's known as Segbe now, he's got a better record than Desire or Azankpo though...

Archived