Apart from a few videos put together on iMovie in Morocco, there has been absolutely nothing from the club. No interviews, no footage no nothing. Is anyone still paying for it? No commentary at all for any of the pre-season games, Halifax will have their own setup tonight and even Ashton managed to get one setup at their place.

So is this a blackout imposed by the Lemmies or are the media team woefully out of their depth without Sam and Luke? I reckon it’s the former but we do miss the old team and of course Gordy.

Ive noticed it’s been said we’ve had no programmes for any of the friendlies and that the team-sheets have been produced on a basic word processor. 

What on earth is going on?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Apart from a few videos put together on iMovie in Morocco, there has been absolutely nothing from the club. No interviews, no footage no nothing. Is anyone still paying for it? No commentary at all for any of the pre-season games, Halifax will have their own setup tonight and even Ashton managed to get one setup at their place.

So is this a blackout imposed by the Lemmies or are the media team woefully out of their depth without Sam and Luke? I reckon it’s the former but we do miss the old team and of course Gordy.

Ive noticed it’s been said we’ve had no programmes for any of the friendliest and that the team-sheets have been produced on a basic word processor. 

Downsizing, preparing for the conference next season. 

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Ive noticed it’s been said we’ve had no programmes for any of the friendliest and that the team-sheets have been produced on a basic word processor. 

They’ve got spelling and grammar school before moving on to video class.

We miss Sam and even Luke who got his fair share of criticism and if Gordy had still been around rest his soul, I have no doubt he would have been treated with the exact same contempt as every one else by the 🤡

Re programmes. I'm pretty sure Eden Creative did them free of charge, but they've been forced out by AL. As far as I'm aware, the guy from that company is the only one who knows how to work our LED boards, which is why they haven't been on during the friendlies...

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Re programmes. I'm pretty sure Eden Creative did them free of charge, but they've been forced out by AL. As far as I'm aware, the guy from that company is the only one who knows how to work our LED boards, which is why they haven't been on during the friendlies...

Both true

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

More inspired decision making from our great leader.

Since Woods signed and was interviewed (25 June)...

Natalie Atkinson appointed
Zabret signed
Vera signed
Paul Murray joins
Wilson signs
Kokos signs
Azankpo signs
Eagles signs
Adams signs

I think that's everyone - but we've not heard anything from any of them.

In the middle of that we had a Hamer interview for his contract extension.

Also, we've played 2 games in Morocco then Rochdale, Ashton and Stockport and no interview from managers/coaches/players about how it's going.  It's dreadful. 

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm sure the sponsors will be very happy about this. I would have been on the phone immediately if my company failed to get the exposure I have been paying for, and threatening to withdraw my sponsorship immediately if I didn't get some form of refund.

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

I'm sure the sponsors will be very happy about this. I would have been on the phone immediately if my company failed to get the exposure I have been paying for, and threatening to withdraw my sponsorship immediately if I didn't get some form of refund.

Assuming we have any sponsors... Maybe the boards have been on all along!!

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Be very interesting to see if the AC Tyres half time game is on this season...

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

How long will the new commercial guy last under these circumstances?  He seemed to come with a decent pedigree.

This whole Morocco stunt was propaganda.  Emperor new clothes to suggest a professional operation branching out continentally.  Invite the fans over and whack up some ‘love in’ between owner and the great unwashed - solidarity brothers!

Back home, the threat of this FLG courting the fans instead and the drawbridge is back up.

Uncertain what the new CEO and Commercial Director are thinking.  You’re exactly correct that Natalie should be front and centre, spelling out the club plans to the fans.  Commercial Director emphasising the shop website, new club shop, the new kit and other sponsors.  Total blackout - akin to North Korea. 

I cancelled my Latics Player subscription shortly after we were relegated - now focusing all my attention on the Prediction League and getting much better value for money there! 

Sam was good in fairness to him - but the downfall of our club was getting too depressing to listen to from a distance. 

We only seem to have 6 sponsors now apart from the shirt maker and sponsor. A-C Tyres, (though I recall someone saying there had been a bust up with them) SLM Connect, (whoever they are) George Hill, Assure, Kenyon Paints and Taurus

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Natalie Atkinson appointed

Zabret signed
Vera signed
Paul Murray joins
Wilson signs
Kokos signs
Azankpo signs
Eagles signs
Adams signs

I think that's everyone - but we've not heard anything from any of them.

Mo mustn't have been around to answer questions for them.... 

LaticsPlayer...and every variant for every club (who still use it) is archaic and shit.

You don't put interviews and other promotional material behind a paywall. You put it on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc for everyone to watch to try and generate enough interest that people will want to come and pay to watch the team.

Archived