• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think there is space for a very good podcast on Oldham and it's something i've been looking at doing for a while. I think the personalities on here could combine to make it interesting

I was imagining regularly getting older fans on to regale us with tales of yesteryear but the mere mention of shit like that makes you millennials fucking FURIOUS doesn't it.....? :grin:

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Finally listened to it. I take it it's fair to say the Chron aren't our media partner anymore...?

It’s appalling isn’t it...so one sided! 

The fact they all pretend they don’t know the managers name is petty and disrespectful. 

9 hours ago, super_blue said:

It’s appalling isn’t it...so one sided! 

The fact they all pretend they don’t know the managers name is petty and disrespectful. 

If you want Latics propaganda content there's plenty out there, I like the idea of something more off message.

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Finally listened to it. I take it it's fair to say the Chron aren't our media partner anymore...?

There's also a marked change in tone of the articles on their website.

Yet another organisation that's fallen out with the Lemmys it would appear.

Unless I`m missing something, it has zero credibility i.e. the "superfans" involved in the podcast didn't even travel down to FGR!

I only listened to the first 5 mins but got the impression that none of them went.

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Unless I`m missing something, it has zero credibility i.e. the "superfans" involved in the podcast didn't even travel down to FGR!

I only listened to the first 5 mins but got the impression that none of them went.

Have I missed the bit where they proclaim themselves as "superfans"?

I'm on it in a couple of weeks (one for most of you to miss) and, for a variety of reasons, I still won't have been to a game by that point and I certainly don't think of myself as a "superfan"...

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Have I missed the bit where they proclaim themselves as "superfans"?

I'm on it in a couple of weeks (one for most of you to miss) and, for a variety of reasons, I still won't have been to a game by that point and I certainly don't think of myself as a "superfan"...

Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 - 36 minutes

Superfans SImon Smedley, Billy Quarmby and Simon Brooke talk Oldham Athletic. This week,a look back at the first game of the season at Forest Green Rovers, analysis of Latics' new signings.. and Simon Smedley's amazing Oldham Athletic quiz in which you can win some custard creams. Have your say: @laticspodcast on Twitter

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Marginally better than the first dire effort. 

Actually, I take that back.  Podcast of two halves.  First half poor, second half quite enjoyable. Improving. 

15 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Look forward to hearing your views.

However I do find it strange that a podcast that devotes a large percentage of it’s airtime to discussing the first game does not include anyone who has actually been to that game...🤔

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

However I do find it strange that a podcast that devotes a large percentage of it’s airtime to discussing the first game does not include anyone who has actually been to that game...🤔

You probably didn't need to be there to work out that no shots on target = shite.

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Yes very strange indeed, although it was pretty predictable to be honest, same as the 1 - 0 defeat at home to Crewe on Saturday is :D

12 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Grammar police- is 'false rumour' a tautology? 

You mean the Philosophy Police. No, a rumour may or may not be false so it isn't. You need the two to automatically be true, like, "bent copper," or, "aggrieved Scotsman."

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

You mean the Philosophy Police. No, a rumour may or may not be false so it isn't. You need the two to automatically be true, like, "bent copper," or, "aggrieved Scotsman."

Or friendly French man 

Archived