• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

The criticism. I take it they probably won't care. Great time to be an Oldham fan.

You will probably get some deluded fools who will blame it on him when its pretty clear to everyone where the problems lie.

I think the model works in the prem because you have the infrastructure to support the complexity of it I.e translators, 1-2-1 cultural integration teams etc we won’t even be able to communicate to them all never mind hoping they all settle in to English life and football...you can’t do it on a wafer thin budget imo 

19 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

That would be a mint appointment. 

Yes, very sweet indeed. Oh, shit, you got me at it.

As for Banide, gone on 20th September along with the three knob heads (you know who you are!). That would be my birthday present to me.

Unfortunately, out of those four, it's only Banide who will be gone. I don't think it will be long before he thinks, "Bollocks to this for a game of soldiers. I'll never make a team out of this pile of crap. Au revoir, Madames et Monsieurs."

I wouldn't be that surprised if Banide's remit is just to get us through to the close of the transfer window, as the complicit head coach who doesn't cause the brothers any grief by wanting a say in recruitment. He doesn't come across as being that interested and him being here seems completely incongruous with the rest of his career.

After that some eager, young, motivated guy desperate for a chance in management could have a go on minimum wage for a few months.

36 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Why would he go? He knows ML and AL I thought? Surely he knows what the plan was and is ..

He probably knows he is just the scapegoat for if results go terribly...then AL & ML will find another french speaking nobody to have a go! 

Not sure he'll have factored in the typical tactics that have been used against us for the last 5 years, the underlying issues with the pitch, 1500 chanting "Stupid French bastard, get out of our club", looking at the bench at 0-2 and thinking "None of these are going to get us back in this"... Having a 5 year plan is good sense, sadly in a battle with reality no plan survives first contact.

I've not seen any of the friendlies but losing to Pete Wild last night is pretty poor. Regardless of the circumstances that he left I don't want any Latics team to not beat ex players, managers... etc.. Friendlies are little more than training games, usually minimal contact and no one getting injured but we failed to beat Halifax. Halifax! FFS! Any of our teams from 5+ years ago would've put a couple away against Halifax.

I support any and each Latics owner, manager, player, tea lady or whatever but I wish they would start to meet me halfway. Yes it is chicken and egg, we need off-field income to support the on-field part of the club but the public of Oldham have shown over the last few decades that disposable income has dropped and the armchair is preferable to the plastic seat in drizzle. To make a success of the off-field needs an investment in the on-field side, far easier to cash in on a successful team and make money off the back of that rather than the other way round.

Yes there are regulations in place to stop Chris Moore type spunk up the walls so AL can't bring Messi in but he can stop fucking about and bringing in sub-standard players, we've glaring holes in the side that need filling and we need finished article players in key positions. It is fine to slot players in around a definite spine but that spine has been missing for years, until that is fixed we will continue to be a bunch of strangers on the pitch. What we can do is work hard on the training pitch, christ, I've gone full BP1960 :) but get them up Tandle Hills and have them running up to and back from the monument for a few sessions. When they aren't being run into the ground sort out our deadballs and throw-ins, have any of the new lads shown any ability with a deadball? It is amazing how much luck you get the more you practice, we need to be fitter, stronger and more willing to work for each other than the opposition are, better at finding space, better first touch and better at giving the man on the ball an easy out ball, if they could do 40 yard passes in to the stride of the striker they wouldn't be playing in this team. Keep it simple, look after the ball and stick with your team mates, we are not playing great sides but they are sides we should be getting points from.

Fitness, work rate and desire are the bare minimum for 90+ minutes and will get you the points in about 15 games in this division, let's start making that happen

6 hours ago, beag_teeets said:

Not sure he'll have factored in the typical tactics that have been used against us for the last 5 years, the underlying issues with the pitch, 1500 chanting "Stupid French bastard, get out of our club", looking at the bench at 0-2 and thinking "None of these are going to get us back in this"... Having a 5 year plan is good sense, sadly in a battle with reality no plan survives first contact.

I've not seen any of the friendlies but losing to Pete Wild last night is pretty poor. Regardless of the circumstances that he left I don't want any Latics team to not beat ex players, managers... etc.. Friendlies are little more than training games, usually minimal contact and no one getting injured but we failed to beat Halifax. Halifax! FFS! Any of our teams from 5+ years ago would've put a couple away against Halifax.

I support any and each Latics owner, manager, player, tea lady or whatever but I wish they would start to meet me halfway. Yes it is chicken and egg, we need off-field income to support the on-field part of the club but the public of Oldham have shown over the last few decades that disposable income has dropped and the armchair is preferable to the plastic seat in drizzle. To make a success of the off-field needs an investment in the on-field side, far easier to cash in on a successful team and make money off the back of that rather than the other way round.

Yes there are regulations in place to stop Chris Moore type spunk up the walls so AL can't bring Messi in but he can stop fucking about and bringing in sub-standard players, we've glaring holes in the side that need filling and we need finished article players in key positions. It is fine to slot players in around a definite spine but that spine has been missing for years, until that is fixed we will continue to be a bunch of strangers on the pitch. What we can do is work hard on the training pitch, christ, I've gone full BP1960 :) but get them up Tandle Hills and have them running up to and back from the monument for a few sessions. When they aren't being run into the ground sort out our deadballs and throw-ins, have any of the new lads shown any ability with a deadball? It is amazing how much luck you get the more you practice, we need to be fitter, stronger and more willing to work for each other than the opposition are, better at finding space, better first touch and better at giving the man on the ball an easy out ball, if they could do 40 yard passes in to the stride of the striker they wouldn't be playing in this team. Keep it simple, look after the ball and stick with your team mates, we are not playing great sides but they are sides we should be getting points from.

Fitness, work rate and desire are the bare minimum for 90+ minutes and will get you the points in about 15 games in this division, let's start making that happen

You've gotta have heart...I don't see it in many of these players and that's a big problem.

18 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

I am sure we will feel welcome at Latics with these comments. Parise and best wishes flowing from every posting. As they say who needs enemies when you own supposed fans etc?

A proof read is a marvellous thing

19 hours ago, Chaddy14 said:

I am sure we will feel welcome at Latics with these comments. Parise and best wishes flowing from every posting. As they say who needs enemies when you own supposed fans etc?

Is Parise the next manager? 

Banide and his assistant can def coach. That’s one thing we do know as he’s had some decent jobs. He won’t want this to be his last job so if the recruitment isn’t up to scratch and we struggle his record will suggest he’ll walk to save his rep and so he can get another job elsewhere. Presume he wants to try his luck in England. He’ll want to win but will come down to if the recruitment has been any good or not 

Through no fault of his own, but after watching his post match interview today and listening to his opinions.

I fail to see how he is going to be able to inspire/coach and get his messages across to our non French speaking players with his somewhat limited command of the English language.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Through no fault of his own, but after watching his post match interview today and listening to his opinions.

I fail to see how he is going to be able to inspire/coach and get his messages across to our non French speaking players with his somewhat limited command of the English language.

I thought he came across very well and told it as it was. His command of English seems ok & improving and our English players were among the better performers today by all accounts - Mills and Wheater in particular....

22 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I thought he came across very well and told it as it was. His command of English seems ok & improving and our English players were among the better performers today by all accounts - Mills and Wheater in particular....

I didn't hear him mention he was the brains behind that limp formation.

17 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

He probably wasn’t - at least he doesn’t have a clipboard hey?

His assistant does😖

Showed it to a sub against Halifax, who went on to make no contribution whatsoever.

2 hours ago, oafc21 said:

If he carries on with them tactics like today, I will gladly run him to Manchester Airport tomorrow (with a petrol charge) after suffering that today!!!

Yeah and when he leaves everything will change?

Only a useless clown will work for the jokers who run our club.

Archived