Once we reach the deadline for signing new and better players - September 2nd - Banide should know which players are capable of scoring goals and winning matches.  If no players are brought in between now and Sept 2nd the match results will speak for themselves.    If Banide has enough about him to speak to Abdallah and Mo in regards to bringing in talented players PRIOR to Sept 2nd - good for him.    However, if no new players arrive and match results continue to be poor due to lack of goals scored - then it remains to be seen as to whether or not Banide will continue toiling with the existing squad until the January Transfer Window 2020.  If we still haven't brought in some decent players come January the writing will be on the wall and Banide may have a rethink about his prospects and the prospects of "Flogging a dead horse".   Good luck to him - he seems to be a grafter.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fred Dibnah said:

Once we reach the deadline for signing new and better players - September 2nd - Banide should know which players are capable of scoring goals and winning matches.  If no players are brought in between now and Sept 2nd the match results will speak for themselves.    If Banide has enough about him to speak to Abdallah and Mo in regards to bringing in talented players PRIOR to Sept 2nd - good for him.    However, if no new players arrive and match results continue to be poor due to lack of goals scored - then it remains to be seen as to whether or not Banide will continue toiling with the existing squad until the January Transfer Window 2020.  If we still haven't brought in some decent players come January the writing will be on the wall and Banide may have a rethink about his prospects and the prospects of "Flogging a dead horse".   Good luck to him - he seems to be a grafter.

May I ask how you’ve come to this conclusion?

9 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This one’s mine @Dave_Og 😉

FTFY

Good man, got to stay on top of it. I'm looking forward to correcting whoever it is who describes your role as being a grammar nazi. Using completely the wrong word has nothing to do with grammar. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, because you left out the question mark...:)

That's just mean. Even more annoying, you got the ellipsis right with only three dots. There's got to be a bonus point for spotting that. Now can I have a go? 

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

That would be a positive. 

Eurgh. Kind of says where we are at that he’d easily walk into our midfield and significantly improve us.

Apologies in advance BP :OASISscarf:

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

That's just mean. Even more annoying, you got the ellipsis right with only three dots. There's got to be a bonus point for spotting that. Now can I have a go? 

Crack on!

5 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

I think it’s unlikely we will get a British “Manager” to come to Latics and be a foreign style “Head Coach”

Exactly right! Who in their right minds would want to work under those conditions?? 

Banide seems to have a selection of sentences/phrases that he knows off pat for interviews.  The only problem is that they amount to zilch.

Marco & Mo have signed a group of players for Banide to improve,  something he has done before, so I don't see them abandoning their strategy if we struggle.  I think he will have to suffer an Oldham winter at least.

19 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Banide seems to have a selection of sentences/phrases that he knows off pat for interviews.  The only problem is that they amount to zilch.

Marco & Mo have signed a group of players for Banide to improve,  something he has done before, so I don't see them abandoning their strategy if we struggle.  I think he will have to suffer an Oldham winter at least.

Not this Millenium he hasn't.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

If he can improve Vera  to score 20 goals extend his contract by 5 years.

19 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Good man, got to stay on top of it. I'm looking forward to correcting whoever it is who describes your role as being a grammar nazi. Using completely the wrong word has nothing to do with grammar. 

Er, sorry, but.....

”looking forward to correcting whomever it is who....” - object of correcting.

Don’t mention it!

Archived