David Wheater signs

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

To be fair, my Bolton mate recons he comes up for every but NEVER scores. 

He can save himself the run now, we haven't got anyone who can put in a decent corner. Good signing, experienced and due to players eating pasta and shite 32 is about 28 in old player years.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh my feet are firmly on the ground but feel alot more at ease knowing we have this player in our team. I feel its a relegation battle we might actually win now.

Come off it, we all know he's going to do his ligaments in the pre match warm up on Saturday

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beag_teeets said:

Come off it, we all know he's going to do his ligaments in the pre match warm up on Saturday

I'm going to be first to decide that him and Eagles will have a, "who's the Daddy?" feud which will tear the dressing room in half.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

I'm going to be first to decide that him and Eagles will have a, "who's the Daddy?" feud which will tear the dressing room in half.

Well it is Abdullah clearly signing Banide's replacement. This is only going to split the dressing room further.

1 minute ago, leeslover said:

Forgot about Eagles, he needs to start making an impression.

31 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Thoughts and prayers are with yarddog at this sensitive time.  Anyone checked on him?

To be fair, most of us didn’t think we’d get Wheater. 

Quite pleased actually might even push the boat out and have us for a 0 - 0 in the prediction league :chubb:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Quite pleased actually might even push the boat out and have us for a 0 - 0 in the prediction league :chubb:

My all draws prediction league system is looking a bit better.

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bloody Brilliant signing. I hope hes ready for some hard work because hes going to have to be captain leader top scorer and player of the season.

My Bolton supporting friend says apparently we have really pushed the boat out financially to get him and have offered more than Bolton were prepared to pay.

Considering they havent paid any of their players anything for months I’m not sure we should be using that as a yardstick

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Considering they havent paid any of their players anything for months I’m not sure we should be using that as a yardstick

No but new owners are waiting in the wings plus you would have expected he would be able to attract interest from league 1.

A friend of mine use to be one of the kit men at Bolton and he’s saying nothing but good stuff about him. Hard worker, solid player Massive character in the dressing room who takes no BS and a leader of men! 

Great addition and as much as I loved and respected Clarkey he’s a step up on my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, super_blue said:

A friend of mine use to be one of the kit men at Bolton and he’s saying nothing but good stuff about him. Hard worker, solid player Massive character in the dressing room who takes no BS and a leader of men! 

Great addition and as much as I loved and respected Clarkey he’s a step up on my opinion. 

A great addition to the backline.  I just hope he can take a bit of BS when the owner drops in otherwise he will be playing with the kids in no time.  

• Like 2