David Wheater signs

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Totally agree. Might want to tell LeeSinott that. He’s like a kid in a school playground running of to tell one group what the other group said... which I suppose is understandable.  

I agree 100% about the FLG too. I just want them to get in with it and cut out the sarcastic digs. 

It's equally childish to start whining on here about what posts certain people on Twitter have liked, like it fucking matters that much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

It's equally childish to start whining on here about what posts certain people on Twitter have liked, like it fucking matters that much.

Ok. I agree I’m equally as childish as LeeSinnott. Happy? 

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Why would I be happy?  That's irrelevant.

Just stop acting like a child that's all.

If I think AL or the FLG need calling out for their behaviour then I will. So you’ll have to just ignore the ones you don’t like.,

I’m just bit tired of both sides acting like a bunch of fucking amateurs. 

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’m just bit tired of both sides acting like a bunch of fucking amateurs. 

Couldn't agree more. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

However far the FLG get with what they are trying to do, they will make mistakes, they will do things that piss some fans off - in other words they're human.  The key is their intention and how they go about things in general.  We're all waiting to see how that pans out.  But what we can comment on is how things have gone at the club under AL(🤷‍♂️ 😂

Forgive the retention of the 2 emoticons but I couldn't delete them. 

I agree the FLG will make mistakes, that is only human, the same could be said for AL. However, making the same mistake more than once... 

However, the FLG have seemingly assumed they are starting on a positive footing with all fans simply because they are fans. Some people have long memories and recall Barry Owen being a fan, who just happened to be a Director of the club. That fan represented the club, but never really put across the view of any fans other than himself and would chastise fans for trying to game the system. In my view there has been nothing so far to suggest the FLG will be any different. 

Just because your mates are supportive of you on social media doesn't mean any other fans will be supportive of you automatically. As Kowenicki says above some professionalism on social media wouldn't go amiss. Or create work account(s) rather than using your personal ones. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

However, the FLG have seemingly assumed they are starting on a positive footing with all fans simply because they are fans. Some people have long memories and recall Barry Owen being a fan, who just happened to be a Director of the club. That fan represented the club, but never really put across the view of any fans other than himself and would chastise fans for trying to game the system. In my view there has been nothing so far to suggest the FLG will be any different. 

Just because your mates are supportive of you on social media doesn't mean any other fans will be supportive of you automatically. As Kowenicki says above some professionalism on social media wouldn't go amiss. Or create work account(s) rather than using your personal ones. 

The first point there, has there been anything to suggest that the FLG will be the same as what happened with BO? 

Second point - totally agree.  Always keep the professionalism up - gives no one an excuse to attack you on that front then.

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The first point there, has there been anything to suggest that the FLG will be the same as what happened with BO? 

Second point - totally agree.  Always keep the professionalism up - gives no one an excuse to attack you on that front then.

Bar the unprofessional posts on twitter, nothing since the FLG revealed (some of) themselves. 

However the builder has aired controversial views about club issues on twitter in the past. Or on here if you remember his username. That's without considering all the issues around the North Stand prior to the FLG even being thought of. 

There was presumably nothing to suggest Barry Owen would only put forward his view prior to being nominated to sit on the board either. Anyone who thinks any fan who gets involved with the club would do any different is kidding themselves. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Couldn't agree more. 

I agree the FLG will make mistakes, that is only human, the same could be said for AL. However, making the same mistake more than once... 

Only Kowpat seems to have an issue with their tweets. Probably upset that they didn't invite him onto their team.

33 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Bar the unprofessional posts on twitter, nothing since the FLG revealed (some of) themselves. 

However the builder has aired controversial views about club issues on twitter in the past. Or on here if you remember his username. That's without considering all the issues around the North Stand prior to the FLG even being thought of. 

There was presumably nothing to suggest Barry Owen would only put forward his view prior to being nominated to sit on the board either. Anyone who thinks any fan who gets involved with the club would do any different is kidding themselves. 

Not seen any of that, but I don't follow him on twitter and don't know what his username on here is.  As this whole thing moves forward they can be judged on what they do - they're certainly not above scrutiny.

19 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bloody Brilliant signing. I hope hes ready for some hard work because hes going to have to be captain leader top scorer and player of the season.

My Bolton supporting friend says apparently we have really pushed the boat out financially to get him and have offered more than Bolton were prepared to pay.

They couldn't pay his wages which are apparently still outstanding. What a mess. 

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Couldn't agree more. 

Bang on.

Having a select few vocal fans on Twitter lapping up your “Bantz” and stroking your ego and getting involved in slagging off the owner and other fans is pretty stupid. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't you say it didn't matter who was captain a couple of weeks ago...?

Just checked : yep, you did...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/51236-pre-season-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1033324

I did yes. What’s your point cherub? 

If if there is an obvious candidate, give them the armband, if there isn’t... who cares?  I don’t think it’s a massive deal either way, but Wheater is the most obvious candidate we’ve had in the last few years. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I did yes. What’s your point cherub? 

If if there is an obvious candidate, give them the armband, if there isn’t... who cares?  I don’t think it’s a massive deal either way, but Wheater is the most obvious candidate we’ve had in the last few years. 

Clarke was obvious given his experience and career, Wheater likewise.