Thirty years ago this weekend BTB was launched

10 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Loved BTB and the old drawings ...wish we had one now ...would it make better reading ? With all those that are ITK ... 

I think Twitter is the new BTB to be honest. If you can find the humour and satire amongst all the illiterate ramblings.

BTB was excellent. I enjoyed reading it when I didn’t even understand the nuances / know who any of the players were 😊

• Like 1

Remember going to Barnsley on a short lived minibus Pete and Harry organised from the Black Horse on Manchester Rd (sadly now a long time demolished) in the 90/91 season, it also went to Wolves opening day of the season and I think that was maybe its shelf life. To show his solidarity with the Yorkshire folk Harry turned up wearing a donkey jacket with King Arthur Rules chalked on the back in homage to Arthur Scargill, Yorkshire miners leader during the miners strike in the 80's (for our younger viewers)and a stack of fanzines to sell.

As we entered the ground we saw Harry being removed for violating Rule 7 subsection 2 paragraph 15 on a small poster 8 feet up a wall which banned anything but official club publications being sold inside the ground.

Not one to be deterred from watching his beloved Latics he relocated to the Barnsley end, donkey jacket with slogan and all, where the locals apparently gave him a wide berth presuming he was an escaped nutter.... Which in a sense he was....

Great fanzine, great people and a pleasure to share their company.

Edited by inspectormorose
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

Remember going to Barnsley on a short lived minibus Pete and Harry organised from the Black Horse on Manchester Rd (sadly now a long time demolished) in the 90/91 season, it also went to Wolves opening day of the season and I think that was maybe its shelf life. To show his solidarity with the Yorkshire folk Harry turned up wearing a donkey jacket with King Arthur Rules chalked on the back in homage to Arthur Scargill, Yorkshire miners leader during the miners strike in the 80's (for our younger viewers)and a stack of fanzines to sell.

As we entered the ground we saw Harry being removed for violating Rule 7 subsection 2 paragraph 15 on a small poster 8 feet up a wall which banned anything but official club publications being sold inside the ground.

Not one to be deterred from watching his beloved Latics he relocated to the Barnsley end, donkey jacket with slogan and all, where the locals apparently gave him a wide berth presuming he was an escaped nutter.... Which in a sense he was....

Great fanzine, great people and a pleasure to share their company.

OMG I'd forgotten about that. Well remembered!

• Like 2

Thanks again Pete for always finding space to include my song adaptations.  There was one when I had alerted Andy Ritchie to Walsall making Brett Angel available for transfer. It went like this:

So when I'm lyin' in my bed

Thoughts running through my head

And I wish Carlo would score

I want Brett Angel instead

And through it all

He rarely earns selection

He mainly (only) scores v Wrexham

Proving Ritchie wrong

And when he gets the ball

Wherever he may take me

I know that he will break me

When he comes to fall, I know he'll waste it

I want Brett Angel instead.

• Like 5

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:45 PM, maddog said:

I think Twitter is the new BTB to be honest. If you can find the humour and satire amongst all the illiterate ramblings.

BTB was excellent. I enjoyed reading it when I didn’t even understand the nuances / know who any of the players were 😊

There is some humour on twitter ..... however I do struggle to find it without anger at the anount of sheer dribble on there. Mainly at the grammar (his/is FFS) are for our, missing H's in where, there are so many things mking me far to angry to laugh. 

6 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

There is some humour on twitter ..... however I do struggle to find it without anger at the anount of sheer dribble on there. Mainly at the grammar (his/is FFS) are for our, missing H's in where, there are so many things mking me far to angry to laugh. 

Just realised this must be an ironic post ? 

Nothing to see here

FFS 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Thanks again Pete for always finding space to include my song adaptations.  There was one when I had alerted Andy Ritchie to Walsall making Brett Angel available for transfer. It went like this:

So when I'm lyin' in my bed

Thoughts running through my head

And I wish Carlo would score

I want Brett Angel instead

And through it all

He rarely earns selection

He mainly (only) scores v Wrexham

Proving Ritchie wrong

And when he gets the ball

Wherever he may take me

I know that he will break me

When he comes to fall, I know he'll waste it

I want Brett Angel instead.

For 30 years when I have heard that song on the radio I have sung give me Brett angell instead.  Thank you!

Edited by astottie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, astottie said:

For 30 years when I have heard that song on the radio I have sung give me Brett angell instead.  Thank you!

That's good to know. Do you also sing this when Wham are on the radio:

We're goin' up with Junior Agogo

When last season we were feelin' so low

Take me to Latics tonight.

16 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

That's good to know. Do you also sing this when Wham are on the radio:

When last season we were feelin' so low

Take me to Latics tonight.

Fortunately not. 😁