Just lost at Forest Green

It's not a laughing matter, to be honest. With the fan base as divided as it is and IF the horror show trundles on and on, this could well be the beginning of the end of Latics as we know it. Beginning to think the only answer now is for the FLG to turbo charge their efforts.

Don't see any hope anywhere else right now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's not a laughing matter, to be honest. With the fan base as divided as it is and IF the horror show trundles on and on, this could well be the beginning of the end of Latics as we know it. Beginning to think the only answer now is for the FLG to turbo charge their efforts.

Don't see any hope anywhere else right now.

They haven’t even updated their ‘site’ since the ‘presentation evening’ yet.  A pair of peddles will do for now,  turbocharging can come later. 

19 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Why ‘site’ and ‘presentation evening’?

Have you seen the ‘site’? Wordpress year 8 effort. 

‘Presentation’ evening was a mash up of a presentation where there was a bit of new info, lots what’s not said, the actual members remained anonymous and they hired an ex manager to have a pop. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

‘Presentation’ evening was a mash up of a presentation where there was a bit of new info, lots what’s not said, the actual members remained anonymous and they hired an ex manager to have a pop. 

Why the constant pops at a group of fans whose aim is to secure the club’s long-term existence? 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They want to become owners.  Don’t they deserve the same scrutiny as any potential owners? 

It’s not just basic scrutiny, though. You’re slagging them off for every little thing including dress sense. Bizarre.

So what if the website is on Wordpress? It does the job.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ok so if they’d said “visit our comprehensive website” or “come to our informative presentation evening” then fair enough to challenge the adjectives. But the way you did it just struck me as having childish pop. Which I know you hate. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Ok so if they’d said “visit our comprehensive website” or “come to our informative presentation evening” then fair enough to challenge the adjectives. But the way you did it just struck me as having childish pop. Which I know you hate. 

Childish pops are fine from fans on forums. Forums would exist without them would they. 😁.  Not fine from serious prospective owners of a football club.  There an obvious difference.  But that’s just my opinion.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

They want to become owners.  Don’t they deserve the same scrutiny as any potential owners? 

I was at the FLG evening the other night, I have followed their posts and I have spoken to a few of them. At no point have any of them said they want to become owners...

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was at the FLG evening the other night, I have followed their posts and I have spoken to a few of them. At no point have any of them said they want to become owners...

We’ll see. 

To be fair doesn’t really alter my point. Be professional. Be better. 

Edited by kowenicki

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Maybe they’re being careful about giving out commercially sensitive information?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Ha.  Why would they tell you?  

So tell me again what there business model is? 

Owning a football club is for the very, very rich or the very, very stupid.  I’d be surprised if they are either.

I suspect what they want is a regime change with an owner who passes their fit and proper person test, not the EFL’s.

I would be delighted if that were to happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ha.  Why would they tell you?  

So tell me again what there business model is? 

It's "their" and you would have to ask them instead of hiding behind a pseudonym* on here.

*I am aware my real name isn't Lee Sinnott, but it's no secret who I am both on here on Twitter...

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's "their" and you would have to ask them instead of hiding behind a pseudonym* on here.

*I am aware my real name isn't Lee Sinnott, but it's no secret who I am both on here on Twitter...

What are you going on about?  I thought you could enlighten me, if you can’t then that is fine.