Has the Heart Been Ripped out of our Club?

I don't ever remember being so down and depressed about Latics. After getting back from FGR, I had a few in town and bumped into 2 former very staunch Latics' fans. Neither now attends (including one who did home and away, every game for years). Both talked along the same lines i.e.  it just doesn't "feel the same" anymore, there's a massive disconnect with the fans and "the heart has been ripped out of the club".

I`ve done a bit of soul searching and I realise I am starting to feel the same way myself. I can't believe that I am no longer enjoying watching Latics but...I`m not.

I`ll go against Crewe but after that, who knows? 

So, has the heart been ripped out of our club? Can it ever be put back?

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I don't ever remember being so down and depressed about Latics. After getting back from FGR, I had a few in town and bumped into 2 former very staunch Latics' fans. Neither now attends (including one who did home and away, every game for years). Both talked along the same lines i.e.  it just doesn't "feel the same" anymore, there's a massive disconnect with the fans and "the heart has been ripped out of the club".

I`ve done a bit of soul searching and I realise I am starting to feel the same way myself. I can't believe that I am no longer enjoying watching Latics but...I`m not.

I`ll go against Crewe but after that, who knows? 

So, has the heart been ripped out of our club? Can it ever be put back?

Yep. 

It’s the point I always make about it being a community club, as in everyone in it together. Or at least feeling connected to the club, having some hope that we are well run. These are important factors for a lot people. 

I would wager that if we went down, but got AL out- season tickets would increase. 

Conversely, if we went up under AL I don’t think season tickets wouldn’t dramatically increase. 

Edited by League one forever

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep. 

It’s the point I always make about it being a community club, as in everyone in it together. Or at least feeling connected to the club, having some hope that we are well run. These are important factors for a lot people. 

I would wager that if we went down, but got AL out- season tickets would increase. 

Conversely, if we went up under AL I don’t think season tickets wouldn’t dramatically increase. 

If we went up we'd be playing well. So there would be an increase 

21 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Do you not find it odd that you keep bumping into random fellow fans in pubs and having exactly the same conversation? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Everyone needs to join the realistic Oldham Athletic supporters page on facebook. It is really positive. 

I just left. I couldn't live with the denial.

By positive, I mean deluded.

Won’t even let me in. Probably recognise me from when I called Chuckle a “nobhead”. 

I think the important word is "heart". We can debate on here the whys and wherefors say that some have agendas, but at the end of the day it is how people feel in their heart that matters. Each fan voted with their heart in some way when they decided to support Latics,it wasn't the result of some deep analysis of Latics versus Rochdale,City or United.Likewise some stick with it because their heart is in it some will drift away because they lose heart.We need a club where more have heart than lose heart,unfortunately the condition of the club currently is that too many are losing heart which is unhealthy for long term survival.

23 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Everyone needs to join the realistic Oldham Athletic supporters page on facebook. It is really positive. 

By how many did we beat FGR on there?

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Ive already been kicked off.

Basically Stephen Partington hasn't got the intelligence to debate back with people so he just kicks them off.

In answer to the question yes yes it has yes. The people running the club don't have the clubs best interests at heart. Abdullah Mo and Barry have their own agendas.

Edited by GlossopLatic

The heart has gone but even worse, the soul of the club is starting to go too

I don’t feel connected to our squad, our manager or our owners in any way whatsoever, they could have bought into or be playing for any club in the world, zero connection to Oldham or even the North West of England apart from 2 or 3 players

• Like 1

Thought absence might make the heart grow fonder during the close season and was I hoping yesterday might reignite some sort of enthusiasm..

It didn't. 

The atmosphere was as flat as the performance.  

Even the pre/post match conversions about Latics over a beer yesterday just seemed pointless as there is literally nothing to get excited about and no obvious solutions. Easy to see why people are finally knocking it on the head..

• Like 1

Got to stick together and give as much encouragement to the players both Home and Away or this will end far worse than we could ever imagine.

This is a GREAT club and the fans are the beating heart, not the owner! we have been in the doldrums for years but things can change and will.

• Like 1

It can easily return but unfortunately not with the current regime.

I don’t mean going all retro but enhancing the community element.  Allocate a section of the ground to schools and give tickets away for kids to attend and reduced admission for adults in the section too.  

Extend out into all communities within the borough embracing all colours and creeds to make Oldham an inclusive, community club. Reduce shirt prices and sponsor local kids teams so the kids are supporting Oldham above any other club.

However, we need to play good old attacking, wing-based, attractive football.  The sort that has you on the edge of your seat.  Remember the days when Eyresy got the ball on the left and a mazey run into the box.  The Chaddy end was electric when we got a free kick on the edge of the box and Eyresy stepped up.

12 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

It can easily return but unfortunately not with the current regime.

I don’t mean going all retro but enhancing the community element.  Allocate a section of the ground to schools and give tickets away for kids to attend and reduced admission for adults in the section too.  

Isn't this the family stand? 

• Like 1