Has the Heart Been Ripped out of our Club?

55 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

I liked this post but for the wrong reasons. 

As optimistic as I'd love to be, it highlights the downfall of lower league English clubs - that includes us. Sadly saying "it'll be reght" means nowt when people like AL are running clubs nowadays.

What annoys me is it'll keep happening and we're partially the ones to blame, I'm sorry to say. What is anyone actually doing about it? What does anyone expect to happen? It's great to see some fans taking the initiative to organise protests, etc. but that isn't gonna deter a yet another "wealthy" sociopath like AL from running our club from behind closed doors for their own benefit. Look at Notts County, Bolton, Bury, Leyton Orient. There isn't some magical business person around the corner waiting to buy out the club and rectify all the wrongs; it took Corney years to even find this guy...

We have next to no say in this club. I appreciate all the Trust do but read the thread regarding the club's accounts if you think otherwise (AL's fault not theirs). I've never felt so distant and cynical about Latics in all my life (I've only been going since 2003 - bloody millennials). I'm aware fans helped get the club out of the mud in 2004 but look where we are now.

This post is me blowing off a bit of steam but the big question I can't emphasise enough to other fans is "what are we actually doing about it?" both short and long term. I envy the likes of AFC Wimbledon and how their fans went about reclaiming their club. I hope we do the same one day and that a few wins this season doesn't rose-tint this regime.

Interesting question. When Corney was coming to the end we were between a rock and a hard place, the club was fucked if he stayed but we didn't know much about Lemmy. If we as fans owned the physical assets that should help us get potential owners for suitability (as only a madman would just buy the club badge a ragtag squad of well paid semi professionals).

• Like 3

Apologies if already posted. Taken from a French football website via Google Translate:

Abdallah Lemsagam, a stormy shadow between Nantes and Oldham

In the small world of clubs and negotiations, there are presidents, sports directors, players and intermediaries. Among these, one of them has long seen its influence flourish on the side of Nantes. And now in England, in Oldham.

Many called him Marco. Yes, Marco, or rather Abdallah Lemsagam, the real name of the one who pulled some strings at FC Nantes. "He called himself that," says a French agent. But today, everyone knows him. "Those who dare to talk about it prefer to remain anonymous. With this type of guy, languages are loosened, faces, less. Presented to Waldemar Kita by Gilles Favard, former leader of the Canaries, in 2009, Abdallah Lemsagam must allow to degrease the workforce thanks to the overweight of his address book in the Middle East. Built over many years in the Gulf, partly via real estate, the network of this Moroccan born is plump, transactions facilitated.

His Dubai-based company, Sport2jlt - led today by his brother Omar - boasts of Moussa Sow, Juninho, Ze Roberto, Lassana Diarra, Ismail Bangoura, Alvaro Negredo and a few coaches. From the four corners of the globe to the Middle East, Abdallah Lemsagam often manages transit. "Years ago, he started doing the agent, the broker, traces an incognito knowledge of the character. He has devoted himself to Qatar, the Emirates, Saudi Arabia ... He had a specialty: to target the players wanted by sheikhs and club owners, while ignoring European agents. He called the players and the presidents directly. It has always been a problem. "Agent without license - current regulations tolerate it - Abdallah Lemsagam is the keystone of the wanderings to another Eldorado, where emoluments are generous, unpredictable sports projects and volatile traceability. Some find their account, others less, while some business turn to the tangle, amid new Chinese.

Abdallah Lemsagam is also in the lineage of these agents to the contiguous relations with the clubs. If he does not box in the heavyweight category, the purchase of Oldham, in D3 then down in English D4, is official. Via RLJ Capital Global FZC, a free zone company that helps trade through legal and tax benefits - from Dubai, the 41-year-old polyglot gave himself the Latics early 2018, which he was already advising. No one can say with certainty the reasons for this acquisition, while several sources make a hypothesis: "Abdallah works for a bigger fish." The truth, she navigates between business, ambitions and ego, while the club was reported by the recent arrival on the bench of Paul Scholes, who finally left the club after thirty days, disappointed by the nauseating environment. As Oldham, this is an opportunity for Lemsagam to bring back some elements, some overpaid, including Wilfried Moimbé and Queensy Menig from Nantes, or Mohamed Maouche and more recently Sohny Sefil, passed by Auxerre. A well-chosen entourage, even though a stormy stream of thought settles around the new owner: "I wish Oldham a bright future despite the uncertainty of this circus owner," said striker Craig Davies after his departure. He calls his players in his office to criticize their teammates, organizes meetings to humiliate others before the team before the most important match, pay the players late. [...] I wish the club (and not the owner) success. "

But also dictate the instructions to the coach, interference poorly digested by Boundary Park bench interim - five coaches in two years - while the gas and telephone bills are unpaid time. More than 35 employees were also dismissed, some anti-Lemsagam - sponsor as supporters - being banned even stadium. On the players side, a time loaned by Nantes to Oldham, Queensy Menig, arrived at FCN August 30, 2017 on the recommendation of Abdallah Lemsagam, has meanwhile never worn the colors of Nantes. A few games in England and a deleterious attitude according to the fans, the young winger spent by Ajax will not leave a great memory to Oldham, despite the biggest salary of the club: 11,000 books per week. Six months later, he returned to square one in Nantes, who temporarily transferred to Zwolle (FC Raiola) in the Netherlands. He has now returned to the banks of the Loire, in reserve. Without real success. "Abdallah has been trying to get Kita to do things that have no head and tails," says a familiar from the FCN. There was talk of a Moroccan central defender, El Yamiq. Nantes already had 4-5 central defenders and youngsters. It did not matter. "All this was obviously commissioned, while the agent specialized in the fabrications. In Oldham, where financial worries accumulate, as in Nantes, where the YellowPark projects and restructuring of the eleven found echo in the ear of the intermediary. "Of course he sold the arrival of investors to Kita. That's his big thing! "Confirms an anonymous news.

Described as Rocancourt, danger or crook, Abdallah Lemsagam has the merit of knowing how to place himself, to sneak. Intelligent, multilingual and effective dealmaker when it comes to the Middle East, he has made a name for himself. Not always charitable, certainly, like the Amine Harit file. While the young environment is leaving for Germany, Abdallah Lemsagam is interposed, going so far as to invite him for a sumptuous holiday in Dubai. "He did everything to destroy the transfer of Harit," said an adjacent informed trading. He thought he could block the player to change his agent, get him back and make him leave the season after. What mattered was to be paid. "A file that will gradually amalgamate the names of birds. However, if Abdallah Lemsagam found an open door to the management of the club, a counter-current also emerged close to the Beaujoire. Like the Loire Brigade, which lamented "the bad influence of corrupt agents and unscrupulous" in a statement last summer.

Or Franck Kita, sports director, who did everything to remove the Moroccan matchmaker from the circle of his grandfather. "The son Kita (Franck) moved heaven and earth to keep his father away from Abdallah, decrypts a sympathizer of the club. He can not bear his father talking to this guy. For El Yamiq, it is he who broke the deal while the medical visit was scheduled. Waldemar Kita wears, or at least wore, a very close ear to Abdallah. "And while he also tied up the arrival of Andrei Girotto and was close to taking Enock Kwateng's loan - he too was from part for the Dubai trip - at Oldham last year, Abdallah Lemsagam has long been a staple of La Jonelière. The situation, opaque and quirky, irritates inevitably. Starting with Waldemar Kita: "When it comes to buying or selling a player, everyone is close to everyone. That's how it happens. Why do not you talk about others? "The subject is eminently taboo, but time has had its effect. Lemsagam is now non grata in Nantes, to the delight of yellow and green and Kita offspring. Even if misunderstandings, there, elsewhere, but especially in Oldham,

continue to endure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I fucking hate them so much that I try not to notice them. Because they're shit.

And yes, I noticed this one. Still shit.

Must be very punitive for you to see so many on here 😂