Crewe game

Felt sorry for Stott, Hamer and Mills as they care and work hard, it has to be demoralising for them at the club with teammates who either are not up to it or just don’t care.

Vera, my goodness, he was laughable, I thought he was going off after 20 mins when the coaching staff told Desire to warm up after Vera’s comedy header

4 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Felt sorry for Stott, Hamer and Mills as they care and work hard, it has to be demoralising for them at the club with teammates who either are not up to it or just don’t care.

Vera, my goodness, he was laughable, I thought he was going off after 20 mins when the coaching staff told Desire to warm up after Vera’s comedy header

The only centre forward I've seen who when a cross comes over he's facing away from goal. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The only centre forward I've seen who when a cross comes over he's facing away from goal. 

I've said before, he's the only striker I've seen that's 6'2" stood up and 5'9" when he jumps. He has the very unusual knack of bending almost double at the waist when going for a header, thus reducing his height. It's a very strange way of trying to win a ball in the air.

21 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've said before, he's the only striker I've seen that's 6'2" stood up and 5'9" when he jumps. He has the very unusual knack of bending almost double at the waist when going for a header, thus reducing his height. It's a very strange way of trying to win a ball in the air.

yes ian Ormonroyd and Ian Olney were exactly the sane 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Twisbrogan said:

Left it to the bloke collecting the money to tell everyone, rather than any kind of notice. Just leaves a bad taste. 

Tried to park behind the RRE with a blue badge for my disabled daughter today as we have done for many years.  £5 this season apparently unless you have some type of club permit.  I dont have a problem with paying,  the benefit for us is the proximity,  it's just that I knew nothing about it. The very nice attendant said it had been on the website so it is my fault as I never look at it now. 

Just feel that this is part of a trend.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Joke of a club tbh, how are they going to attract new fans when they can't even retain the loons who still go, I did talk about smoking the Lemmys out but it appears they don't really want any fans to watch us, I reckon with the apathy that exists amongst our fan base right now this club could die with nothing but a whimper. 

Sad sad times and before the usual suspects tell me to wait ten games - fuck off, if you can't see the trouble we're in after two games them you've got your head up your arse.

Get these cunts out of our football club before we do a Stockport.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wears a cap and behaves like a cunt - narrows it down?

Everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to put that opinion over forcefully. Also, I know that this board is a place where language can sometimes get vitriolic. 

However, I find both the above posts crude and offensive. You do yourself no favours at all.

We all agree that today was a shambles both on and off the pitch. And we certainly have enough cause to be angry but have a bit of class when you do.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to put that opinion over forcefully. Also, I know that this board is a place where language can sometimes get vitriolic. 

However, I find both the above posts crude and offensive. You do yourself no favours at all.

We all agree that today was a shambles both on and off the pitch. And we certainly have enough cause to be angry but have a bit of class when you do.

I got a 24 hour ban for calling shucky a c**k - I actually agree with both their points but also understand yours 

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Fair comment but I'm saying it as I see it, I've really no reason to worry about how classy I project my opinion, it is what it is.

If I've offended you personally I'm sorry for that but I stand by what I posted.

• Like 4

Not the coaches fault as such as he’s been offered the job but I struggle at times to understand what he’s talking about in his interviews so what must it be like for the players?

The likes of Vera and Sefil should not be anywhere near a professional football team

Nepo has to be one of if not the best player in the squad yet he’s on the bench and Branger plays??????

Mouche captain.....come on please!

How on earth we let Pete Wild and his assistant go I will never ever know, passion, enthusiasm, desire, and organisation, all qualities we are missing.

The club is seriously in trouble this season

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Well we had the first 3 minutes of that game and then and then.......

Vera actually had a good first10 minutes but then.......

It was a team of disconnected individuals who had no idea what anyone else was doing with a captain who didn't even know what he was doing himself.

Woods saved us from a drubbing and Hamer kept at it.

I can't see where our first point is coming from.  We need someone who can hold the ball in attack and someone who can make a tackle and keep the ball in midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

And to be in a set up where instructions are being shouted onto the pitch in french you must feel like grabbing your stuff snd running as far away from the club as you posdibly can.. 

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Well we had the first 3 minutes of that game and then and then.......

Vera actually had a good first10 minutes but then.......

It was a team of disconnected individuals who had no idea what anyone else was doing with a captain who didn't even know what he was doing himself.

Woods saved us from a drubbing and Hamer kept at it.

I can't see where our first point is coming from.  We need someone who can hold the ball in attack and someone who can make a tackle and keep the ball in midfield.

At Bradford on nice big open pitch..They havent started of to great so good time to play them 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

At Bradford on nice big open pitch..They havent started of to great so good time to play them 

I have to admire your optimism, Frankie.

Personally, think we will be well beaten. I can't bring myself to bet against us - otherwise I would have bet on both FGR (I said it well b4 the game) and Crewe to beat us - and had a healthy return. At the moment, it's very safe money betting on a Latics loss. 

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Tried to park behind the RRE with a blue badge for my disabled daughter today as we have done for many years.  £5 this season apparently unless you have some type of club permit.  I dont have a problem with paying,  the benefit for us is the proximity,  it's just that I knew nothing about it. The very nice attendant said it had been on the website so it is my fault as I never look at it now. 

Just feel that this is part of a trend.

Yes the club did advertise the news that they would be charging disabled supporters this year to park. If you intend to go to all the games this season (I am not sure why any sane person would) you might be better off getting a season pass. I bought one for £100 . Drop Billy a call at the club and he will sort you out.

2 minutes ago, drphibes said:

Yes the club did advertise the news that they would be charging disabled supporters this year to park. If you intend to go to all the games this season (I am not sure why any sane person would) you might be better off getting a season pass. I bought one for £100 . Drop Billy a call at the club and he will rip you off on the clubs behalf 

Fixed it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

The club is dying on its arse. We have lifelong supporters who are deserting in their droves. We also have owners who clearly haven’t a fucking clue how to run a football club and more importantly don’t give a shite either.

We have to get right behind this fan led group immediately and get these fucking 🤡’s out. I had a conversation with one of them earlier this week and I’m staggered by what he told me. I am 100% convinced they have the club at heart and that we should be backing them to the hilt.

🤡ABDALLAH OUT!!

You have to wonder, would the FLG be any worse than this complete and utter shambles that is the current ownership?

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You have to wonder, would the FLG be any worse than this complete and utter shambles that is the current ownership?

I strongly doubt that they would be worse.

But they still shouldn't be blindly backed.  The standards we set for owners should not simply be "better than Lemsagam and Corney".

• Like 3

And I thought Crewe away under Dunn was a low. 

I remember feeling sickened at what I’d witnessed on the pitch, but glad to be on a very rare (for me) away Latics jaunt, to at least get my share of the pain. 

But f€&@“:g hell, it’s toxic now. Problems back then seemed almost solvable by a stroke like getting Shez back or.... getting Shez back. 

Where we are now... it’s way worse than we should be. It’s gone from a decline to being pummelled into the ground. 

At  this lowest of the low, sadly for me, results don’t matter, manager doesn’t matter, league status doesn’t matter. I’ll love the club and the people  - but not the owner or anyone who is linked to him. 

I saw on twitter someone mentioned AL had a fake watch. I know that in the early days he was stupid enough to flash it at agents when offering “name your price” wage negotiations. I noticed in his first press conference he kept it hidden. What a snake of a man. More buffoon than clown. And a nasty buffoon too, the worst type. 

Without wanting to be patronising, I love Latics and the people I meet every time I’m there. I’m proud of my roots and A ‘Marco’ L can ruin everything, except I think we’ll bounce back.... without the €&@t. 

Rant over. See you all at the Chesterfield match. And those who choose to stay away, cheers to you all too. 

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

I strongly doubt that they would be worse.

But they still shouldn't be blindly backed.  The standards we set for owners should not simply be "better than Lemsagam and Corney".

dont think anybody is blindly backing them they are just the only alternative at the moment so we have to give them a chance dont we ?

• Like 1

Just now, peanuts said:

dont think anybody is blindly backing them they are just the only alternative at the moment so we have to give them a chance dont we ?

I think lots are but then again, lots of people blindly back their mates no matter what. 

33 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

😄

It's a terrible time for us to play anyone!

if we get stuffed at Blackburn i can see it having a negative effect on the players going into the Bradford game, i just hope we have a good go at them but struggling to see who will start up front with...