Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

I’m really struggling to see when the breaking point is for these placid fans who just turn up because ‘it’s what I do’ ‘he won’t stop me’ ‘support the lads’. These excuses are looking as strong as paper straws.

These players are literally uncoachable, you could get Pep in and I doubt he could do much to get Sohny Sefil to position his body correctly.

The exceptionally poor start has fast tracked the piss boil. If that team plays like they did today at Blackburn and Bradford we really could be looking at 6,7,8-0. 

This really isn’t the time to call people ‘moaning bastards’ we are in the doomsday scenario now and the reality is that we are in the shit. Big time. 

What is it going to take to get this ageing placid fan base up off their feet and to finally take action against an egoistical maniac who has ripped the very soul out of this football club?

• Like 10

I will be there at the meeting.

Today's performance was entirely predictable before a ball was kicked this season. Likewise over the next 2 3 games it won't get any better.

As each game goes by there will be less slowly slowly  we are making progress supporters.

This has been brewing since AL walked into Boundary Park. We need cohesive action now, no agendas just get our family football club back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big un said:

To show a REAL act of defiance 

Choose s home game 

Huge numbers boycott 

Or attend and stay silent,  don't buy anything etc

Be realistic. If you're at the game, you won't stay silent. You'll either be cheering us on if we're playing well, or ranting if we're not. It's human nature.

First time in 26 years I ain’t bought a season ticket, plus the first time I’ve booked our holidays in August, I’ve always booked in July so I didn’t miss any games ( the mrs thought I was on the funny stuff when the dates for the holidays was suggested) I’m currently in the Dominican,but was getting reports of what was going on against the mighty crewe on and off the field!! Well what a absolute disgrace, this Ignorant, arrogant, stubborn 

Clown and his knob of a brother are bringing our club to its knees, I traveled down to fgr before I went on my hols and that team he has put together is only going one way! How can a owner treat his loyal fans left,by shutting all food outlets and putting in place what has seen better at a church fate!! This man couldn’t give a shit and proven by his actions today,I know plenty of hardcore fans who have given up before me, it’s a sad sad state we are in with this clown in charge !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

how about boycotting sponsers and letting them know in writing .worked to some extent furing chedgate now that would hit him ans his gang hard 

Yes start by contacting those who sponsor the abominable animated ultrabright pitch hoardings so we can get rid of the Corney legacy. 

Edited by BP1960

12 hours ago, Macca said:

I think we need to be patient with what is happening at the club.

AL is running the club his way and at the moment there no alternative. We've asked for a fans meeting after what happened Post Scholes, we were told to postpone the meeting until the summer. Summer is over and we're now into the new season. No meeting is on the agenda and I doubt one will happen. He is dragging his feet over club accounts and is unwilling to talk to the FLG regarding the North Stand (will be a nightmare in there for a night game if there's no lighting for the kiosk area)

Until an alternative to AL forms itself properly there's not much we can do. AL promises one thing and then does another, he's unlikely to change his approach on a protest, he doesn't care.

Patient? For What? Hes going to turn this round is he.

"But we've no alternative" Yes we do tge FLG are waiting in the wings they won't be white knights in shining armour but I would rather take my chances with them.

As for a protest or a boycott We never actually protested against Corney and his mates perhaps had we done he might have gone earlier and sold us onto someone.

The only time we properly protested against anything was when the council rejected the planning permission for the Oldham Arena. That decision because we all came together got overturned. Alright that didn't get built but it was fans pressure that got the planning permission its just that Blitz, Corney and Gazal fucked it up. If we hadn't rallied together in 2003 the club would have died. How many games has our 12th man won us particularly away from home? We have more influence and power than we give ourselves credit for sometimes. If we come together and genuinely apply pressure we might get him out the club before he completely destroys it. He clearly has no money and what money we have we will be out of very soon Fan pressure might be thing that forces him out sooner rather than later.

The stakes couldn't be any higher right now. Our status as a football league club for over 120 years is under threat and with it the very future of the football club.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why don't you ask The Trust to Express your concerns in written form?

Sad isn't it.

At times like this you are quite correct. It should be The Trust who step up to the plate, mobilise the fans and get something done. Instead, genuinely concerned fans are having to try and get people together in a boozer in Lees. I will attend the pub meeting (if it comes off) but I`ve always maintained this fragmentation of fans is damaging. 

I honestly have no idea what the Trust's agenda is any more. Didn't they indicate when they sent the letter to the owner that there would be a new approach because they had been too conciliatory in the past?

18 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Sad isn't it.

At times like this you are quite correct. It should be The Trust who step up to the plate, mobilise the fans and get something done. Instead, genuinely concerned fans are having to try and get people together in a boozer in Lees. I will attend the pub meeting (if it comes off) but I`ve always maintained this fragmentation of fans is damaging. 

I honestly have no idea what the Trust's agenda is any more. Didn't they indicate when they sent the letter to the owner that there would be a new approach because they had been too conciliatory in the past?

That's my recollection. They've gone depressingly quiet. I think one of the Trust guys got annoyed with some of the criticism of the Trust on here, but come on..... the :clown: is the bigger enemy.

11 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

The football club needs money coming from sponsorship,  Advertising, transfer fees and more importantly through the turnstiles  and its here are the most important to the club.. so lets say all those who havent bought seasons tickets stopped going the club would have major problems.. so boycotting is never a positive forward step.

You’re definitely an Al shill

Trust had our AGM on 22nd July. It was reported there our continuing struggles with the Club and that the rep has been unable to fulfill their duties properly.

We tweeted an update last week with regards to the progress on the accounts.

We published a statement on Friday about match day hospitality and how we thought it was resolvable.

We have now seen evidence from Saturday and read stories on social media. We have a Trust meeting next week and I am sure it will be raised.

Trust communications come from the website, twitter and trust FB page. We also email statements to members. Andy and myself try to remember to post on here as well and we do post them on the Trust pinned thread so it is not lost on the generic page.

If there are any members and fans effected from Saturday match day experience, please contact the SLO at the club in the first instance and then copy in the Trust so we can raise it as well.

Apologies for kidnapping this thread

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

You’re definitely an Al shill

Definitely. Although I am quite enjoying looking at the deliberate bad spelling, grammar and punctuation. There's clearly an attempt to appear to be one of the ordinary folk. The early slip of referring to our beloved owner as Abdallah has been corrected. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

Trust had our AGM on 22nd July. It was reported there our continuing struggles with the Club and that the rep has been unable to fulfill their duties properly.

We tweeted an update last week with regards to the progress on the accounts.

We published a statement on Friday about match day hospitality and how we thought it was resolvable.

We have now seen evidence from Saturday and read stories on social media. We have a Trust meeting next week and I am sure it will be raised.

Trust communications come from the website, twitter and trust FB page. We also email statements to members. Andy and myself try to remember to post on here as well and we do post them on the Trust pinned thread so it is not lost on the generic page.

If there are any members and fans effected from Saturday match day experience, please contact the SLO at the club in the first instance and then copy in the Trust so we can raise it as well.

Apologies for kidnapping this thread

If you want to do best for club and the fans, then instead of trying to work with Al, focus on how we get him out.

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Is it time to set up an independent supporters Trust who can basically say and do as they like without worrying about upsetting the powers that be?

This isn’t to undermine TO, btw, which clearly still has a place with its 3% shareholding. I just feel like their hands are tied and it’s impossible for them to keep Abdallah on side whilst simultenously representing the many supporters who feel sheer hatred towards the current ownership. 

There used to be one and I can't remember who run it...latics4england might remember.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

This needs highlighting here The Trust could be more effective they are often the target by the Lemsagam apologists but the real problem is the owner.

Yes - the owner, and the sycophants around him, are clearly the problem but just look at the bland posting from a Trust rep a few messages back!

Fans affected by the match day experience?! There was near mutiny and some very angry people where I was - and that was at a kiosk selling stuff. The pies were cold, the brews lukewarm, they didn't even know the prices of what they were selling! Several people went to another kiosk just to try and get a warm pie! 

And you know what was particularly galling? Stewards were openly saying "It's all the FLGs fault!" Morons who've been primed by the owner. The Trust have had their heads in the sand for far too long I`m afraid.

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

If you want to do best for club and the fans, then instead of trying to work with Al, focus on how we get him out.

I get it football is passion and if it was any other business we would not be arsed. Now this might be controversial but has the owner done anything legally wrong?

And you want him out but what happens next? Geniune question what is your plan?