Oldham Athletic fans meeting....

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Patient? For What? Hes going to turn this round is he.

"But we've no alternative" Yes we do tge FLG are waiting in the wings they won't be white knights in shining armour but I would rather take my chances with them.

As for a protest or a boycott We never actually protested against Corney and his mates perhaps had we done he might have gone earlier and sold us onto someone.

The only time we properly protested against anything was when the council rejected the planning permission for the Oldham Arena. That decision because we all came together got overturned. Alright that didn't get built but it was fans pressure that got the planning permission its just that Blitz, Corney and Gazal fucked it up. If we hadn't rallied together in 2003 the club would have died. How many games has our 12th man won us particularly away from home? We have more influence and power than we give ourselves credit for sometimes. If we come together and genuinely apply pressure we might get him out the club before he completely destroys it. He clearly has no money and what money we have we will be out of very soon Fan pressure might be thing that forces him out sooner rather than later.

The stakes couldn't be any higher right now. Our status as a football league club for over 120 years is under threat and with it the very future of the football club.

He's very unlikely to turn this around. We have no alternative at the moment because FLG haven't published their plans which is I've said we need to be patient.

Protest if you must but what are you going to protest about that AL is going to listen to? He already knows the fans aren't happy and he's still going down his path. It'll be better to wait until we actually have a plan in place and someone to back. At this moment in time we don't but if FLG have their act together we will.

35 minutes ago, underdog said:

I get it football is passion and if it was any other business we would not be arsed. Now this might be controversial but has the owner done anything legally wrong?

And you want him out but what happens next? Geniune question what is your plan?

You do realise submitting accounts is a legal requirement don't you? Can you see how by not submitting accounts their is potential for fraud?

Not to forget several court cases of unfair dismissal wgich had to be settled the fact former employees have gone to seek legal advice is very definition of something illegal.

Come on face facts you can't work with him nobody can.

Whats the plan? come on connect the dots a group of fans come together to buy a plot of land in the town which coincidentally is the home of the football club they all support and you don't think they will buy it if AL offered it them tomorrow.

Edited by GlossopLatic

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yes - the owner, and the sycophants around him, are clearly the problem but just look at the bland posting from a Trust rep a few messages back!

Fans affected by the match day experience?! There was near mutiny and some very angry people where I was - and that was at a kiosk selling stuff. The pies were cold, the brews lukewarm, they didn't even know the prices of what they were selling! Several people went to another kiosk just to try and get a warm pie! 

And you know what was particularly galling? Stewards were openly saying "It's all the FLGs fault!" Morons who've been primed by the owner. The Trust have had their heads in the sand for far too long I`m afraid.

I am sorry for you and any fellow fan that was effected by any of Saturday's match day experience

It's a not a nice thing for me to type but sometimes things have to unravel horrible for all parties to take note and do something about it and should in my opinion, get all parties around the table asap to do so. Especially as the Club monitor this board and have staff who post on here as well so if this does not move them in more ways than one, then I genuinely do not know what will.

Please report your match day experience to the SLO at the Club, it officially logged then. thanks

30 minutes ago, underdog said:

Well what was the plan going to be if you'd have pressed "the red button" when Corney was in charge?

I have now kidnapped this thread and like I said, the Club monitor this board so you can understand why I am reluctant to post anymore.

Please consider logging your match day experience with the SLO at the Club and like I said previously, there was an Independant Supporters Association many moons ago and I think Latics4england might be able to provide more info

Thanks

40 minutes ago, underdog said:

I get it football is passion and if it was any other business we would not be arsed. Now this might be controversial but has the owner done anything legally wrong?

Jesus Christ.

Is this a genuine response?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

I have now kidnapped this thread and like I said, the Club monitor this board so you can understand why I am reluctant to post anymore.

Please consider logging your match day experience with the SLO at the Club and like I said previously, there was an Independant Supporters Association many moons ago and I think Latics4england might be able to provide more info

Thanks

There's a real danger of you losing any remaining goodwill towards your organisation, the time for tip toeing around has passed.

• Like 1

At last it seems like almost all of us are seeing him for what he is, his plan to divide the fanbase and make it support him or the FLG is only causing a massive rift and it will not stop until we can get rid of him...Ask yourselves do you trust a group of long standing Latics fans who have the clubs best interests at heart like all of us here or do you trust a bloke who turned up from nowhere who constantly refuses to pay utility bills, sacks innocent people, doesnt pay taxes or pension contributions and has reluctance to communicate with our trust and has only offered one place on the board to keep them satisfied..

A fan led club is the way forward but could we raise enough funds through shares to keep the club afloat..

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

What's The Trust's plan ?

Stop trying to take this thread off topic with your anti Trust agenda. Like I’ve said previously, there’s room for the Trust and something independent. 

Anyway, back on topic. @Lukers1 - when you get over your hangover :lol: let us know the plan. 

24 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

At last it seems like almost all of us are seeing him for what he is, his plan to divide the fanbase and make it support him or the FLG is only causing a massive rift and it will not stop until we can get rid of him...Ask yourselves do you trust a group of long standing Latics fans who have the clubs best interests at heart like all of us here or do you trust a bloke who turned up from nowhere who constantly refuses to pay utility bills, sacks innocent people, doesnt pay taxes or pension contributions and has reluctance to communicate with our trust and has only offered one place on the board to keep them satisfied..

A fan led club is the way forward but could we raise enough funds through shares to keep the club afloat..

Is this the only two options available? FLG or AL ? We know AL shortfalls. The majority of us know fuckall about FLG !! They may have every good intention in the world. Have they got any funds ? Have they got anyone experienced enough or capable enough to run a struggling football club ? 

To answer my own opening question - there probably isn’t a third option then. Because from what I know (little) I’d take a risk on the third. 

Wheres all the local billionaires at ?  

28 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

If the decks were cleared, the club could probably live within its means with a sensible budget and recruitment policy. Maybe. 

• Like 2

The Trust gets the current mood and the reasons for it. 

However it would be a gross over

simplication of the situation to assume that all out war is automatically the best choice. I am not saying it is or isn’t but there are conflicting views on this board on this which illustrates the point.

At the request of fans, the Trust turned up the heat on the owner in March. The concensous was for the course of action taken. 

To some degree he has responded well to that in terms of the expectations we set out and like it or not he was given the opportunity to prove whether he could be better. He has been given the close season to prove that thus far.

We have to now look at the direction of travel with the benefit of some games under our belt and with club operations back up and running. Have we seen anything to suggest we are on a positive (or at least flat) trajectory on and off the pitch? (thats a retorical question by the way). 

Then it’s a question of what the right move is. 

Trust meet on Monday. 

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Thanks

I presume you mean me Tracy.

The independent supporters club ran in the mid 90s. It was founded and run by John Stanley who is sadly no longer with us. It primarily ran away travel and social events. John had his run-ins with the club (well Alan Hardy) but it didn't actively get involved in club politics.

Stop the Rot, and latterly SAFE (Save Athletic's Future Existence) were the groups who actively protested to get rid of JW Lees and got involved when things were falling apart under Chris Moore. When the Trust first formed, it was really a follow on from SAFE. There are still quite a few from STR and SAFE who still go to games on a regular basis but plenty more who don't.

For what it is worth I think there is an opening at the moment for an independent group but I think there is a lack of consensus amongst fans as to what the right way forward is. This makes it very difficult to form a cohesive group.

The Trust is currently in a very difficult position with a director on the club's board and another director working with the FLG. It can very easily get ripped apart and I am not clear whether Darren speaks for himself or the Trust when he engages on Social media. As a director of the club I understand his positivity towards what is going on but as a director of the Trust, that worries me.

It is right that the Trust uses its position to try and effect change from the inside and that to be challenging the ownders publicly makes that difficult. This is where a new organisation working in parallel with the Trust could be very powerful.

Edited by Latics and England
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

The Trust is currently in a very difficult position with a director on the club's board and another director working with the FLG. It can very easily get ripped apart and I am not clear whether Darren speaks for himself or the Trust when he engages on Social media. As a director of the club I understand his positivity towards what is going on but as a director of the Trust, that worries me.

I thought that myself, we do need somebody on the inside to know what he is actually doing but how much is kept hush hush and has Darren now become a Lemsagam cheerleader because you know as soon as he challenges AL or his brother he will be removed from the board..

The trust have been kept in the cold with everything he has done since he took over and often only find out breaking news at the same time as every other fan, thats not there fault but it just emphasises how little AL thinks of them..

This has to be the best time for the trust to raise all of our concerns again as i know they have done so previously, things need to be done before its too late and we find ourself travelling to places like Barrow next season..

15 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I presume you mean me Tracy.

The independent supporters club ran in the mid 90s. It was founded and run by John Stanley who is sadly no longer with us. It primarily ran away travel and social events. John had his run-ins with the club (well Alan Hardy) but it didn't actively get involved in club politics.

Stop the Rot, and latterly SAFE (Save Athletic's Future Existence) were the groups who actively protested to get rid of JW Lees and got involved when things were falling apart under Chris Moore. When the Trust first formed, it was really a follow on from SAFE. There are still quite a few from STR and SAFE who still go to games on a regular basis but plenty more who don't.

For what it is worth I think there is an opening at the moment for an independent group but I think there is a lack of consensus amongst fans as to what the right way forward is. This makes it very difficult to form a cohesive group.

It is right that the Trust uses its position to try and effect change from the inside and that to be challenging the ownders publicly makes that difficult. This us where a new organisation working in parallel with the Trust could be very powerful.

Cheers Mark....I had not woke up fully but knew you had a good historical knowledge of it all

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m still amazed at this response.

Thats my Trust membership being cancelled today.

It was poor - every post this morning has been like some shite scripted auto-reply too “tell the SLO and sort your own group out”

pathetic 

• Like 2

The FLG, whoever they are , does anyone know what their objective is? What's their actual plan and ultimate goal?  Who are they in their entirety? Will we ever know? Is there at some point going to be some kind of time line published with when their objectives will be achieved. 

I feel we are on a collision course towards non league at this rate but in all honesty I don't think any of us know what precisely is going within the club , that includes the FLG plans. 

Thats the worst thing of all this, discussions, rumours and yes I know that's what this forum is for but nobody really knows what is afoot. 

4 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I’m still amazed at this response.

Thats my Trust membership being cancelled today.

That is my naivety as an individual without experience of running a business myself. 

I meant it as in evidence of court cases HMRC, default on contracts/taken to court/wind up orders, that kind of stuff. Rather than settled out of court , or possible impending things that have been suggested like pensions, or filing of accounts late. Potential markers of things that are not right

So, I apologies and accept this is my error.

You will have contact emails from the Trust, so please forward an email that you want to cancel and this will stop follow up emails the system sends you. 

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

That is my naivety as an individual without experience of running a business myself. 

I meant it as in evidence of court cases HMRC, default on contracts/taken to court/wind up orders, that kind of stuff. Rather than settled out of court , or possible impending things that have been suggested like pensions, or filing of accounts late. Potential markers of things that are not right

So, I apologies and accept this is my error.

You will have contact emails from the Trust, so please forward an email that you want to cancel and this will stop follow up emails the system sends you. 

I tend to take Boyzone’s advice when it comes to something I know fuckall about. That seems to say it best....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

🤣🤣🤣 needed that - thanks 👍

You see that’s what I do - crack the odd shite joke and pull others up when they pun or talk shite. I offer nothing when it comes to expertise on anything and everything. But don’t worry Kowenicki will be along shortly to right all these wrongs 😃

And that’s not a dig btw Kow, I actually think you could have a positive impact at one of these numerous meetings that get arranged. Get off your arse man 😳

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
  • Like 1