Transfer Policy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw brief glimpses on Saturday from Vera but not enough to warrant inclusion in our talent bereft team.

He's not even proved nuisance value yet as he has no physical presence whatsoever.

I'd much rather see Azankpo paired with Wilson or Adams. At least we'd have a bit of pace up front. 

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think the fact a lot of them including the coach are on one year contracts tells you there is no real plan.

Or the club is being prudent in committing to wages given the financial constraints a league 2 club faces, especially one in Oldham’s previously precarious financial situation. 

21 minutes ago, New Fan said:

Or the club is being prudent in committing to wages given the financial constraints a league 2 club faces, especially one in Oldham’s previously precarious financial situation. 

With 5 million of debt wiped and the promised better budget you'll have to forgive me for feeling a little underwhelmed with the summer recruitment.

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Sefil, Branger, Gonzales, Sylla, Vera, Azankpo, Kokos who you'd class as sub standard. 

Maybe the ones who only arrived this season should get a chance to be shit first....Azankpo looks like a handful and seems to love it here. 

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Egert may be decent but I'm not sure when we will see him which leaves,

... Gonzales, ..., Azankpo, Kokos who you'd class as sub standard.

Based on.... essentially no evidence whatsoever. 

Azankpo has even managed a goal already and looked a handful. 

45 minutes ago, New Fan said:

The only reason to be prudent would be if we were planning on being in the Conference next year. We should be aiming for promotion to L1 where we’d be able to afford the wages and if we don’t get promoted then we should still be able to afford L2 wages in L2. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

The only reason to be prudent would be if we were planning on being in the Conference next year. We should be aiming for promotion to L1 where we’d be able to afford the wages and if we don’t get promoted then we should still be able to afford L2 wages in L2. 

That makes sense for a club in sound financial footing. But for one in OAFC’s situation, book needs to balance if sustained progress is to be planned. No???

2 minutes ago, New Fan said:

That makes sense for a club in sound financial footing. But for one in OAFC’s situation, book needs to balance if sustained progress is to be planned. No???

That’s what a yearly budget is for, nowt to do with giving players 2 year contracts instead of 1. In fact, 2 year contracts work out cheaper as you don’t have 2 lots of signing on fees. This is sounding a bit like not being able to afford promotion to the Championship, Barry. 

11 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

It's a fine line between that budget and Bury's financial planning, though. 

I don't like the level of personal insults aimed at some of our platyers; it's uncalled for, no matter how poor they are. The blame, ultimately, lies firmly with the owner.

In light of the poor squad we have, it is vital to play square pegs in square holes; e.g. Nepo is effective on the LEFT. Mills should be right full back. Maouche is more effective as an attacking midfielder.

Just getting these basics right might help.

For me, on latest showings, I`d prefer Hamer to partner Wheater in central defence rather than Stott.

42 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I don't like the level of personal insults aimed at some of our platyers; it's uncalled for, no matter how poor they are. The blame, ultimately, lies firmly with the owner.

There is no need for any personal insults at anyone imho 😲

51 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We’re not talking about offering wages like Bury, it’s the difference between 1 and 2 years that’s being talked about!

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Or you don't want to have to pay off league 2 standard when players when we get promotion 😜

2 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

A fine line or an enormous jump? 

The way I look at it is would anyone else take them if we let them go... 

Missilou / Nepo possibly could see them being picked up at 2nd / 1st division and potentially mouche if a team played in a way that suited. 

After that

Vera - Dont think he'd get in a conference side

Sylla - plenty of English lads at conference who could do a similar job

Branger - very little effort dont think any league side would even give him a trial

Omrani - now playing 2nd division Romanian football in front of 300 people

Placide - not signed for anyone

Kyeremeh (if he was AL) - 4th division amateur football in belgium

De La Paz - no better than most teams 2nd/3rd keeper in div 2

Benteke - nobody picked up says it all... 

For me, any other league two side who had these on trial would have shipped them straight out. I dont even see glimpses that say they're worth taking a punt on. 

Two have two / three 'successes' shows that this just isn't working 

24 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

The way I look at it is would anyone else take them if we let them go... 

Missilou / Nepo possibly could see them being picked up at 2nd / 1st division and potentially mouche if a team played in a way that suited. 

After that

Vera - Dont think he'd get in a conference side

Sylla - plenty of English lads at conference who could do a similar job

Branger - very little effort dont think any league side would even give him a trial

Omrani - now playing 2nd division Romanian football in front of 300 people

Placide - not signed for anyone

Kyeremeh (if he was AL) - 4th division amateur football in belgium

De La Paz - no better than most teams 2nd/3rd keeper in div 2

Benteke - nobody picked up says it all... 

For me, any other league two side who had these on trial would have shipped them straight out. I dont even see glimpses that say they're worth taking a punt on. 

Two have two / three 'successes' shows that this just isn't working 

And that’s the point. They’re mostly not good enough for 1 season, let alone 2. So we shouldn’t be signing them. 

Archived