Which team?

if you have to pick a side  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

6 minutes ago, singe said:

Only one team with that aim. Witness anonymous twitter accounts, anonymous OWTB accounts, vague questioning techniques, select invitation only meetings and leaking letters. 

FLG are miles more transparent, but yes backers revealed needed.

"FLG are miles more transparent, but yes backers revealed needed." - slight contradiction?

I don't really know why FLG refuse to let us know who they are if they are serious? What is to be gained in wearing the masks if they want us the fans to support them and their intentions?

11 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

"FLG are miles more transparent, but yes backers revealed needed." - slight contradiction?

I don't really know why FLG refuse to let us know who they are if they are serious? What is to be gained in wearing the masks if they want us the fans to support them and their intentions?

Because the club isn’t for sale. So what’s the point? Announce they might be interested one day? 

22 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

3 of them are known. 

21 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

We know three of them and we know them to be bone fide Tics. I trust that their intentions are nothing but pure and I'm not really bothered who the others involved are.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Because the club isn’t for sale. So what’s the point? Announce they might be interested one day? 

but apparently, they don't want to buy the club...

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I'm not really bothered who the others involved are.

idiotic

35 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

They still want support of the fans to pump money into the OEC don't they? So surely by coming forward, unless they're dodgy, it would help do that 

They’re not asking for money yet. Once the details are sorted and they’re nearer a deal, I would imagine others would be announced along with a plan. Why is that so hard for people to grasp? 

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

They’re not asking for money yet. Once the details are sorted and they’re nearer a deal, I would imagine others would be announced along with a plan. Why is that so hard for people to grasp? 

So they're not bothered if people don't spend money in the facility they're in charge of running?

3 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Voted FLG but no idea why. Please can someone summise the political issues that are going on? 

AL: You’re fired. You’re fired. You’re fired. 

AL: You’re hired even though you’re shit. 

Trust: WTF is going on?

AL: 😶

Trust: honestly, we demand to know what’s going on. Or else...

AL: Everything’s fine. Corney was a bad egg but we’ll sort everything ner bother. 

Trust: 😀

AL: You’re fired. You’re fired. You’re fired. 

AL: You’re hired even though you’re shit. 

Trust: 😶

FLG: This is bollocks. We have a clown owner who is going to take us into liquidation and a stand that could earn money sitting there earning fuck all. We have a bit of money, passion, and business acumen. Let’s buy it and see whether we can look at making money for the club / look at owning the ground so the home of Latics is safeguarded. 

AL: 😤

FLG: AL, can we look at the contracts. They’re pretty much the same as you’ve paid before - but 4% more, but we’ll guarantee you more income from matchdays. 

AL: These FLG guys are holding the club to ransom. Not gonna say why, like.....

FLG: Hi?

AL: And anyway, you’ve been charging us £100k and it should’ve been £1. We’ve ‘just’ found some paperwork..... Turns out our due diligence was slightly flawed. And that’s why we’ve decided not to pay you for the last few months 🤪. Oh, we’ll get our lawyer to write to you to find out wtf is going on because we have no idea how to run a piss up in a brewery. 

FLG: 🙄🐂💩

AL: Hi, I’m New Fan. Hi, I’m John Newbury. I just happen to have come into some knowledge and thought I’d make my first comments on OAFC using this new knowledge....

Trust: This is fine 🐕☕🔥

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So they're not bothered if people don't spend money in the facility they're in charge of running?

Fine, don’t go in then. People have been crying out for a half decent bar at the club for years. You’re not going to go because you don’t know everyone involved with the deal? Even though we have some massive fans involved, 1 of which has worked for free in the ticket office for yonks? Ok then. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

As bad as AL is, I certainly wouldn't be supporting the FLG if they're a bunch of flashers.

Agree. But we’re talking about two different things. At the minute the FLG are 3 blokes running the OEC. What we hope the ‘true backers’ might be is irrelevant at the minute, because the club isn’t for sale. 

Why would any backer say, ‘just in case the club goes tits up, don’t worry we’ll save the day’ It’s bizarre IMO for any fan to want or expect at the minute. Not to mention how much it would piss Marco off.

IF the club does become available then of course I’d like to know who they are. Until then I’m satisfied there appears to be a group who for the time being are trying to maximise revenue, while maybe having somebody lined up for doomsday. 

One final point. When do you ever hear of potential buyers of any club go public with club that isn’t for the sale? We’re not special. It’s just the way it is.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Fine, don’t go in then. People have been crying out for a half decent bar at the club for years. You’re not going to go because you don’t know everyone involved with the deal? Even though we have some massive fans involved, 1 of which has worked for free in the ticket office for yonks? Ok then. 

Avoids the point I'm making. If you wanted people to use it, what reason could they possibly have to remain anonymous when everyone knows our fans hate cloak and dagger?

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Avoids the point I'm making. If you wanted people to use it, what reason could they possibly have to remain anonymous when everyone knows our fans hate cloak and dagger?

Probably because our fans hate. No matter what / who / why! 

Edit: No point attracting the hatred ‘just in case’ plan x is executed?

Edited by maddog

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because there’s a much bigger deal in the making and the people involved probably have more at stake than a few pints. 

10 hours ago, maddog said:

“On the balance” of probabilities, based on current available evidence, and what I know as FACT on each side, FLG FTW. 

Prcisely the aim of my poll, thank you! Based on the balance with info known.

Anyone that thinks £100k is a rip off.
Bradford Bulls pay £72,000 for Odsal, which is favourable from RFL & Bradford Council, but with repairs etc costs £300,000.

They ar moving to Dewsbury for 2 years.

https://www.totalrl.com/bradford-bulls-continue-to-weigh-up-odsal-alternatives-but-valley-parade-unlikely/

Edited by singe