Valley Parade - The Final Whistle

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Now, this is going to be a little controversial but..... I think we as fans are a little cowardly at the moment.

Of course our annoyance/frustration/anger should be vented at the regime but it's as though we are afraid to do so. I do wonder whether that old chestnut of "race" is playing its part i.e. some are afraid to show their displeasure because, very quickly thereafter, someone will play the race card, the police will get heavy handed and arrests will end up being made.

You can spot the apologists on here, for example, a mile off. Our position has absolutely nothing to do with the racial profile of our owner and, provided protests are orchestrated properly, there should not be an issue. I am just awaiting for it to rear its head though.

"They only want AL out because........" 

That is the first time the “race card” has even been uttered never mind played

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Now, this is going to be a little controversial but..... I think we as fans are a little cowardly at the moment.

Of course our annoyance/frustration/anger should be vented at the regime but it's as though we are afraid to do so. I do wonder whether that old chestnut of "race" is playing its part i.e. some are afraid to show their displeasure because, very quickly thereafter, someone will play the race card, the police will get heavy handed and arrests will end up being made.

You can spot the apologists on here, for example, a mile off. Our position has absolutely nothing to do with the racial profile of our owner and, provided protests are orchestrated properly, there should not be an issue. I am just awaiting for it to rear its head though.

Aslong as knowone makes the ethnicity of the owner an issue then the police won't do anything aslong as protests are relatively peaceful.

I struggle having sympathy for the players.

A few of them have taken us down once and look like they’re going to take us down again.

They’ve all happily signed contracts to be here as part of the sordid way the club is being run.

The fact that Maouche allegedly made the “calm down” gesture shows that he, for one, possibly just doesn’t get it..

17 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Kinell 🔥 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Kinell 🔥 

I for one want Marco out because he’s a c*nt, not because hes Morrocon, just as I don’t like his players, not because they’re #frenchlads but because they are shit! They could hail from fucking Neptune if they could play football but they can’t

• Like 3

Just now, OAFC1984 said:

I for one want Marco out because he’s a c*nt, not because hes Morrocon, just as I don’t like his players, not because they’re #frenchlads but because they are shit! They could hail from fucking Neptune if they could play football but they can’t

If you’d have said Saturn I’d have agreed. But them horrible Neptunians can stay the fuck away from my club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OAFC1984 said:

Agree completely. Not one person has mentioned ethnicity/ religion or anything like that on here. This is the second owner running into the ground not the first so fans have already lost patience. Sad that wiseowl automatically reverted to that 

27 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Way off the mark.

20 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

That is the first time the “race card” has even been uttered never mind played

No it's not.

Several times on here "shit foreign players" have been mentioned (or words to that effect) and responses have been along the lines of "ah, so the real reason is coming out now".

My interpretation was that the poster was implying that, maybe, foreign leagues (lower ones anyway) are nowhere near the standard of ours, and hence the players from there would be of a lower quality too. The responders were implying "the race thing".

It does hover in the background, always does nowadays, and a poster here is correct when they say that providing nothing at all relating to race is said in anger during any protest - then all is well.

By the way, I`ve also heard several references uttered by fans in the stand. It's just a no, no.

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Agree completely. Not one person has mentioned ethnicity/ religion or anything like that on here. This is the second owner running into the ground not the first so fans have already lost patience. Sad that wiseowl automatically reverted to that 

Jeez - automatically reverted to it - I give up. 

I think the original post is well written and spot on. Most of our players are young men and boys at the start of thier career. Some of these boys have joined Latics to start their journey into being a football player, our captain Maouche included. The fact is they've been sold a dream. The dream to get on the ladder at a football league club. They are going to sign, baring in mind that some have played at clubs where it hasn't worked for them at a different level. For some, this is their shot at making it, ie we maybe their last port of call.

I didn't see what happened at the end of the Bradford game, I didn't experience it first hand but what I've read and seen videos of is disgraceful at full time. 

How can someone grab and threaten a young lad who has tried his hardest in a crap situation (Desire). How can someone threaten a player that IMHO has been one of the better players signed by this dictatorship (Nepo). On top of this, a fan gets knocked out by a fellow 'fan' for what? Most people don't seem to know. The players are the front line, customer facing people of the club, yes. But they haven't chosen to be the human shield of the puppet masters above. 

We are Oldham fans. As far as I'm aware, most of us are not feral. The anger can not be and should not be directed at fellow fans or, as much as it's infuriating to watch, the kids on the pitch. I'm angry, very angry at the state of affairs at our club. I've had a pop in social media but I'm coming to realise getting angry with the players is not going to solve anything. The anger generated lies solely with those who have put everyone in an awful, toxic, pressured situation. The Lemsagam brothers, not those young men that play for the club. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Anyway, I don’t expect everyone to agree with my opinion but would be interested to hear what others thought after yesterday seeing how the reaction after the game has barely been mentioned.

It's pretty much spot on. I stayed after the final whistle and made it clear that I wasn't happy and they'd be better off just leaving the pitch. However, some of them, I feel genuinely sorry for such as Desire who is young, miles away from home, trying his chase their dream but has been thrown into a hopeless situation - probably as a result of some shady agent dealings. He's probably not good enough but is here now anyway but similar to Fage (who looks more promising), our recruitment policy has left them with no senior pros to guide them and this is where I felt the likes of Nepomuceno & Maouche had failed to step up. In retrospect though, it's probably not in their character so they shouldn't be blamed either (However, I'd like to think that Maouche would acknowledge this & volunteer to step aside as captain when someone moer capable is available - as highly unlikely as that is). I honestly think a small handful of the squad have some individual ability but, as a football team, there's very little to suggest that results are about to improve. The complete absence of guile means that they just don't know how to win games and are unlikely to learn. Unfortunately for them, they will always be the focal point for the most important aspect of the club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

The original post gives far too much weight to booing...

They're grown men, getting booed for 30 seconds.

I guess you weren’t there then if you think it was 30 seconds?

My post probably gives too much weight to booing because that’s what I was discussing.  Booing, name calling, abusive language, physical abuse, stewards getting involved, fisticuffs.  Lots more too so it really was a hectic 30 seconds!

I never said that the booing wasn’t warranted.  I booed myself.  You seem to have dismissed all the rest of what was going on though as high jinks and mild histrionics.

Grown men?  I’ll take your word for it.  Thanks for the opinion though 👍

• Like 1

People pay their money and can clap and cheer or boo of thats what they want. They are the face of the club and whilst individually it isnt their fault what as fans are we meant to do. After decades of a worsening position i, along with plenty of others have had enough. The club dont listen, the trust dont act so it down to the last few of us to try to do whatever we can to enact change or we wont have a professional club (i use the word professional very loosely!!)

• Like 1

It didn't strike me as players not trying at all yesterday. Desire and Fage ran their bollocks off, Fage played well, Desire had a thankless task without enough support or the right service.

Maouche was unlucky with hitting the post and he kept possession very well and played some good balls. He's a boo boy whatever anyone says on here. Their commentators (BBC Bradford or Leeds, whichever it was) were impressed with him too.

Sefil has of course been blamed by everyone here and on Twitter for about 7 goals yesterday just because he is Sefil. First goal Mills let's the man cross and Iacovitti's man bags. 2nd goal the striker is over to Iacovitti's side and Mills appears to play him on. He made some important challenges yesterday and didn't do too much wrong. He's nowhere near Edmundson's level but then think back to the season before last when Edmundson was out of position quite a bit and doing daft stuff like the penalty at Fleetwood. Those who haven't played much need some time. Edmundson got his fair share of stick and came on massively.

Nepo played alright again, some good balls in. One was an absolute sitter that either Hamer or Iacovitti headed over in 2nd half. Anyone grabbing him and calling him shite is an idiot if that's what happened.

These are the players we've got. That's the manager we've got. They're trying. It just hasn't worked or clicked yet and it may not do but they need supporting as long as the effort is there from them 

Has anybody found us a new owner yet?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Has anybody found us a new owner yet?

Thats the spirit. Just accept what we have and part of the problem why we are where we are. There would be offers to buy. Would they be any better? Who knows. Will they be any worse? Unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I have been told on good authority that Mo picks the team but does not want to take any criticism thereafter if things don't work out. The "coach" is expected to carry that can.

Nothing wrong with that model is there?!

I presume that this is an attempt at humour @wiseowl because if you are being straight with what you say then I think you should reveal who your ‘good authority’ is. 

Earlier in in the week we had posters using Branger and Vera starting games as evidence that the manager is being told which players to play. Neither started or came off the bench yesterday - so did Mo sanction that as well? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I presume that this is an attempt at humour @wiseowl because if you are being straight with what you say then I think you should reveal who your ‘good authority’ is. 

Earlier in in the week we had posters using Branger and Vera starting games as evidence that the manager is being told which players to play. Neither started or came off the bench yesterday - so did Mo sanction that as well? 

He replaced Vera and Branger with Fage and Desire all Mo's signings.