Open training session

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still on the OS but they must be tired of the battering they have been getting on Twitter

the cynic in me thinks it was a “come and see the interim managers’ first session” then they remembered they haven’t sacked the current one yet

Well this is a good way of throwing your players under a bus.

We've seen a thread constituting the players getting abuse following the Bradford game, albeit most what I heard was towards the owner, 2 days later with us being bottom of the Football League they choose to announce this. 

Albeit it may be good for kids, why don't they wait until half term as I really don't think this is a good idea, especially if we do get beat tonight. 

What's everybody else's thoughts on this?

10 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

We've seen a thread constituting the players getting abuse following the Bradford game, albeit most what I heard was towards the owner, 2 days later with us being bottom of the Football League they choose to announce this. 

Albeit it may be good for kids, why don't they wait until half term as I really don't think this is a good idea, especially if we do get beat tonight. 

I'm thinking I'll be in work...

It's really aimed at kids so I guess we'll have to see which posters on here turn up alone.

Don't think the targets of our displeasure will be visible so perhaps not a great opportunity to protest.

I won't be attending as haven't any children of the requisite age ( imagines irate supporters trawling friends and relatives to "borrow" kids for an hour to vent their spleen ! ).

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

It says in the article that this session is for Under 11’s.

Also, it is the summer holidays ...

You’re welcome 😉

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It says in the article that this session is for Under 11’s.

Also, it is the summer holidays ...

You’re welcome 😉

Just get the idea that some will turn up to release their frustrations. It's an idea that should have been used and put to good effect on the return from Morocco, before the season and certainly before being bottom after 3 games without looking like competing.

The Club do not seem to have done much with regards to "meet the new players", shirt signings and even Chaddy is AWOL.

Something that gets fans engaged with the team.

Hoping 3 points tonight might help but I am not holding my breath

3 minutes ago, underdog said:

The Club do not seem to have done much with regards to "meet the new players", shirt signings and even Chaddy is AWOL.

Yeah... Bit like the trust doing nothing with questions asked of them over the last 48 hours or so 🙄

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

This 100% increase in budget that the Trust quoted doesn't seem to have had much if any increase to it ..

1 hour ago, oafcshuck said:

Could this be a chance to demonstrate our feelings?

Anyone who turns up to an even aimed at kids, where kids will be present, to kick off and protest is a bit of an arsenal in my book.

What next? Turn up at The Junior Latics bowling event? 

37 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Anyone who turns up to an even aimed at kids, where kids will be present, to kick off and protest is a bit of an arsenal in my book.

What next? Turn up at The Junior Latics bowling event? 

What next? Watch MY team slide into oblivion and the fucking National League?

36 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

What next? Watch MY team slide into oblivion and the fucking National League?

Do it where it isn't going to affect a load of kids who have no understanding of the situation the club is in and just want a day out where they'll no doubt enjoy seeing pro footballers training.

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Do it where it isn't going to affect a load of kids who have no understanding of the situation the club is in and just want a day out where they'll no doubt enjoy seeing pro footballers training.

Are those last five words an oxymoron for the players at this club?

I think parents need to understand the situation the club is in and don't take the kids. The a chance for us to regain control of our club and put our point across to the club about what we want. 

I'm sure if they wanted to watch them train they could get their tonight and watch the warm up, before the game the players will have photos and sign autographs etc. 

6 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Are those last five words an oxymoron for the players at this club?

I think parents need to understand the situation the club is in and don't take the kids. The a chance for us to regain control of our club and put our point across to the club about what we want. 

I'm sure if they wanted to watch them train they could get their tonight and watch the warm up, before the game the players will have photos and sign autographs etc. 

Are you real or what ??

Try telling a six year old he can't go to watch his favourite player train and then have his photo taken with him because you need to make a point !!!!

Good luck with that one.

Archived