Bury: Minutes to Midnight

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame such a thriving town with probably the best shops and market in the  UK has lost its football club. For years they were managing ok in the lower division, yet due to mismanagement from several parties it's all gone badly wrong. The model for running clubs outside the Premiership needs a good overhaul.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

There's nothing to respond to. Apparently EFL have been made aware, but it's basically one email saying I'll buy Ur club off u. Or I no someone Hu will buy Ur club. And that's it... Dale wants the land for which he will get millions for. He's trying to deflect blame to EFL so his house doesn't get burnt down by thousands of angry supporters

Wll u pls stop using txt spk. Thanx. 

4 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

Sorry but if they did it’s a piss take

i am as gutted as anyone that a Football League Club has gone to the wall but they spunked money they didn’t have for a number of years and have now fallen foul of it

it’s not nice but it is not unjust and all the pillocks dancing on the pitch when they won promotion with a squad they hadn’t paid all season who now give the EFL abuse a joke.

Shit business with a shit business model goes bust - expected 

When you say "they" who are you referring too?

Because it wasn't the "pillocks on the pitch" as you put it who got Bury in this position it was Steve Dale and Stewart Day.

That mentality makes me laugh as if the staff who work for Bury FC who are now redundant probably without any pay off or the fans who have been going for years are somehow responsible for this mess.

Don't understand why the ELF didn't give bury until next season.

Tell them they will not play any games this season and will finish bottom of the league with no points.

IF by the end of the season they can prove they have finance and proper ownership in place then they can start next season in league 2.

IF they can't they could let the National league have 2 play off promotion teams to keep league 2 with 24.

Noblot have been saved, as for the latest bury shit, comical.....

On another note, could latics offer bury season ticket holders free entry at B.P on showing there season tickets,could get a few bodies in spending a few quid?

( wouldn’t do it personally but it’s an idea)

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

When you say "they" who are you referring too?

Because it wasn't the "pillocks on the pitch" as you put it who got Bury in this position it was Steve Dale and Stewart Day.

That mentality makes me laugh as if the staff who work for Bury FC who are now redundant probably without any pay off or the fans who have been going for years are somehow responsible for this mess.

“They” are the EFL

and I never said the fans are responsible for the mess, just that they celebrated promotion on a unaffordable squad,

shit business went bust - thats the reality 

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Meanwhile, near neighbours Rochdale draw a money winning tie at Old Trafford in the Carabou Cup.

The commemorative mug makers of 'Rochdale' are rubbing their hands with glee. 

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's a shame such a thriving town with probably the best shops and market in the  UK has lost its football club. For years they were managing ok in the lower division, yet due to mismanagement from several parties it's all gone badly wrong. The model for running clubs outside the Premiership needs a good overhaul.

The market I'll give you, but shops - nah. All fairly bog-standard chain shops that you see in most towns. 

It is (relatively) thriving though. 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

The market I'll give you, but shops - nah. All fairly bog-standard chain shops that you see in most towns. 

Chains yes, twice the size of those in Oldham though, and some like M&S that won't move here.  

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Chains yes, twice the size of those in Oldham though, and some like M&S that won't move here.  

Quality sweetie shop too if that’s your bag. Bowling, cinema and a Chinese all you can eat oh and Nando’s (cheeky). Bury town centre does actually piss all over Oldham's tbf. 

12 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Quality sweetie shop too if that’s your bag. Bowling, cinema and a Chinese all you can eat oh and Nando’s (cheeky). Bury town centre does actually piss all over Oldham's tbf. 

It's what Oldham should have been, but the council had the vision to turn a once famous market into a car park.

Sports Park 2000 would have been nice too.

Just now, BP1960 said:

It's what Oldham should have been, but the council had the vision to turn a once famous market into a car park.

Sports Park 2000 would have been nice too.

It was a good market when I was a kid agreed. But are u pushing it a bit with famous BP ? Genuine question btw ? I always remember the guy on the toy stall “50p whatever you see, don’t be shy come and buy”. I was just a nipper then. Simpler times. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Although the Chinese burned down recently..... Live in Bury and drive to Oldham each matchday - ballache traffic wise. 

5 hours ago, The Blue Alb said:

Although the Chinese burned down recently..... Live in Bury and drive to Oldham each matchday - ballache traffic wise. 

I live in bury too. Totally unaware of that. When was that ? 5 min walk from mine. I’m obviously not plugged into the social pipeline. I refuse to liaise with these bury freaks. 🤣

9 hours ago, OAFC1984 said:

“They” are the EFL

and I never said the fans are responsible for the mess, just that they celebrated promotion on a unaffordable squad,

shit business went bust - thats the reality 

Now you are just confused. It was Steve Dale and Stewart Day that overspent not the EFL. As for celebrating promotion well no reason why they shouldn't have done regardless of the situation.

9 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It was a good market when I was a kid agreed. But are u pushing it a bit with famous BP ? Genuine question btw ? I always remember the guy on the toy stall “50p whatever you see, don’t be shy come and buy”. I was just a nipper then. Simpler times. 

There were coach trips to Oldham market from far and wide, so it was indeed famed.

I can see Ashton with its market, shops, excellent rail, tram and bus links forging ahead of Oldham. Even Curzon Ashton might overtake the Latics the way it's going. A well run club, nice stadium and the crowd potential of Tameside and surrounding areas 

Can Oldham fight back is the question, or carry on on regardless?

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Now you are just confused. It was Steve Dale and Stewart Day that overspent not the EFL. As for celebrating promotion well no reason why they shouldn't have done regardless of the situation.

I think the fact only 150 fans turned out to protest last Friday showed how much people actually cared.

Tin pot club.  Fuck 'em.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I live in bury too. Totally unaware of that. When was that ? 5 min walk from mine. I’m obviously not plugged into the social pipeline. I refuse to liaise with these bury freaks. 🤣

Ha! Burned down about six  months ago. Always dubious about fires in restaurants.

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's a shame such a thriving town with probably the best shops and market in the  UK has lost its football club.

Apart from visiting a client on a business park by the motorway junction I don't think I have ever been to Bury in my life.  If only I'd realised it was retail heaven......

56 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Apart from visiting a client on a business park by the motorway junction I don't think I have ever been to Bury in my life.  If only I'd realised it was retail heaven......

Is that similar to what Avram Grant got caught doing?

Archived