Bury: Minutes to Midnight

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Thanks Andy. I think Burnley is a fine example of a well run club. It would be great if we were ever to emulate it. 

I don’t know if the Lemsagams had a “motive” of receiving a salary and it would also be great if we had a Board made up of supporters who , whilst receiving no salary, also had the financial wherewithal to maintain the club. 

Apparently we don’t,  and he who pays the bills can include amongst them emoluments to directors. 

As I said, it’s not uncommon . 

Would it be fair to say it is more prevalent in the Champ &/or Prem than say L1 or L2?

53 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Thanks Andy. I think Burnley is a fine example of a well run club. It would be great if we were ever to emulate it. 

I don’t know if the Lemsagams had a “motive” of receiving a salary and it would also be great if we had a Board made up of supporters who , whilst receiving no salary, also had the financial wherewithal to maintain the club. 

Apparently we don’t,  and he who pays the bills can include amongst them emoluments to directors. 

As I said, it’s not uncommon . 

I know Pete.... I'm just musing.... but I would like the Trust to know / challenge Director remuneration, if they thought it unreasonable.....

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

The ugly side of capitalism, I defy anyone who says that the remuneration package of the failed Thomas Cook CEO is justifiable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/thomas-cooks-annual-report-shows-whats-wrong-with-bosses-pay-the-pms-reforms-wont-change-it-a7443366.html

Does Marco draw down a Salary from our meagre budget? What he does he pay his Sporting Director?

Maouche is definitely voting Labour now they're promising a full salary for only working part of the time

Just now, latics22 said:

Absolutely ridiculous! So they sidnt have players that were out of thier financial reach on the books? That got them promoted, fuck em. Send as far down non league as possible !

Agreed.  But the media narrative has been “poor little bury...”.  They’ll probably be back in league 2 next season.  That would stink. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

What a rambling nonsense that is.

It seems he wants re-instating to L1. He also neglects to say that he brought in players on wages the club couldn't afford as well as the previous regime. Unfortunately I hope the clubs do not re-instate Bury to the EFL as much as I feel sorry for the 2000 or so fans who no longer have a club.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I've read more convincing pleas for assistance from West African princes looking to extricate millions from mysterious bank accounts. Embarrassing. 

A Welshman once sent me a message saying that if I posted my passport to an Irishman then the Irishman would transfer a 6 figure sum, and to be fair @Harry Bosch was as good as his word. I had to give the money straight to a copper from Burnley though 

On 9/24/2019 at 4:48 PM, No Pyro No Party said:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/request-to-our-former-fellow-clubs/

Steve Dale has remembered his login to the site it seems. 

Absolutely zero chance of them being allowed back in by the other EFL members IMO.

If a precedent is set then it allows any club to spend money they will never have, go bust then get voted back in.

You reap what you sow....

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Absolutely zero chance of them being allowed back in by the other EFL members IMO.

If a precedent is set then it allows any club to spend money they will never have, go bust then get voted back in.

You reap what you sow....

By that logic other clubs will vote to allow them back in, putting in place their own defence mechanism. 

Archived