Bury: Minutes to Midnight

36 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest-statement-07-08-2020/august/club-statement-august-2020/

And this month's prize for terrible club statements goes to... 

Late entry. Forever Bury, showing what can happen if a Trust is infiltrated by a rogue owner.

https://twitter.com/forever_bury/status/1291864295618293769?s=20

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singe said:

Late entry. Forever Bury, showing what can happen if a Trust is infiltrated by a rogue owner.

From your link.

It also shows what can happen when a club is in crisis-one group has already formed a phoenix club Bury AFC. So supporters immediately split or will some/all follow both?

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

From your link.

It also shows what can happen when a club is in crisis-one group has already formed a phoenix club Bury AFC. So supporters immediately split or will some/all follow both?

Maybe, but I'd imagine the split will be massively in favour of the phoenix.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Maybe, but I'd imagine the split will be massively in favour of the phoenix.

I've done some reading about this and talked to my bury mate. There is a significant number of people who want the club to remain at Gigg. However like FCUM a few years ago there is group who are busy selling shirts and flags for Bury AFC.

If I was Radcliffe Borough I'd be worried.  However they are a well run club.

17 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

From your link.

and how close to this are we should the worst happen with all the disparate  groups FLG TRUST PTB and no doubt the likes of chuckle  and his deluded chums all competing to be the real voice of latics would we come together under one banner or would we be fractionalised leading to oblivion 

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, astottie said:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/bury-fc-statement-bbc-247726

Make sure you're sat down for this one.

Barry Owen "Im the biggest twat of any football club Director in the North West of England"

Steve Dale "Hold my beer"

I like how he went Full on Gammon getting angry about the proms a programme he no doubt never watches HE EVEN WENT INTO FULL CAPITAL LETTERS.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Off topic but Wigan fans trying to raise £500k to save the club. Hope they've got a Gordon equivalent on their side.

Did you also see the value the administrators have put on the club?  £4 million.

Seems a bit low to me if as it says it includes the stadium.

The supporters' club has raised more than £100,000 of their £500,000 target within 24 hours of launching their pledge drive but Krasner says any prospective owner would need £4m, which includes their DW Stadium home.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Did you also see the value the administrators have put on the club?  £4 million.

Seems a bit low to me if as it says it includes the stadium.

The £500000 is to prove to the EFL that they can complete the season. Players have been sold, and one of their training grounds is being sold to Preston. I suppose that covers running costs and wages, if the fans buy the club.

• 2 months later...

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2070461-bury-fc-placed-in-administration

Bury Football Club Company Ltd has today been placed in administration.

Steven Wiseglass, a director at Inquesta Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, has been appointed administrator.

The development marks the latest chapter in the effort to save the club as a going concern and ultimately see it readmitted to the football pyramid.

Bury FC was expelled from League One of the English Football League (EFL) on August 27, 2019, when a takeover bid for the club collapsed.

Mr Wiseglass said: “Bury FC is one of the oldest football clubs in the country, with a loyal and enthusiastic fan base for whom the past 18 months have been extremely distressing.

“We understand how much the club means to so many people.

“My role is to try to rescue Bury FC as a going concern which will enable the company to exit administration and seek readmission to the football pyramid system in time for the 2021-22 season.”

Bury FC owner and director, Steven Dale, said: “The directors of Bury FC have fought long and hard to save this great club and have now taken the decision to appoint an administrator with a view to re-entering the football pyramid next season.”

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2070461-bury-fc-placed-in-administration

Bury Football Club Company Ltd has today been placed in administration.

Steven Wiseglass, a director at Inquesta Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, has been appointed administrator.

The development marks the latest chapter in the effort to save the club as a going concern and ultimately see it readmitted to the football pyramid.

Bury FC was expelled from League One of the English Football League (EFL) on August 27, 2019, when a takeover bid for the club collapsed.

Mr Wiseglass said: “Bury FC is one of the oldest football clubs in the country, with a loyal and enthusiastic fan base for whom the past 18 months have been extremely distressing.

“We understand how much the club means to so many people.

“My role is to try to rescue Bury FC as a going concern which will enable the company to exit administration and seek readmission to the football pyramid system in time for the 2021-22 season.”

Bury FC owner and director, Steven Dale, said: “The directors of Bury FC have fought long and hard to save this great club and have now taken the decision to appoint an administrator with a view to re-entering the football pyramid next season.”

There already is a pheonix club, Bury AFC, which entered the pyramid this season. They share a ground with Radcliffe Borough. There are Bury FC fans who are bitterly opposed to them, because they thought there was still a chance of Bury FC being allowed back in the National League. That has now gone, so they may now join the Bury AFC fans.

Archived