Jump to content
Matt

Bury: Minutes to Midnight

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Just out of interest, whats the minimum required for “deserving” one?

A lot more deserving than, for example, Nailsworth, Milton Keynes, Fleetwood, Salford... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

A lot more deserving than, for example, Nailsworth, Milton Keynes, Fleetwood, Salford... 

 

Milton Keynes I’ll have but Fleetwood and Salford worked their way up rather than just take another clubs place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Milton Keynes I’ll have but Fleetwood and Salford worked their way up rather than just take another clubs place 

Worked or bought? I should have replied to John who talked about deserving a club. Attendances appears to be part of his argument. I cannot see a justification for Forest Green Rovers "deserving" a league place ahead of Bury or Latics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Worked or bought? I should have replied to John who talked about deserving a club. Attendances appears to be part of his argument. I cannot see a justification for Forest Green Rovers "deserving" a league place ahead of Bury or Latics. 

 

Yeah I get your point but in all honesty buying your way is really the only way now (providing you can sustain it)

 

Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, and certainly City. None of them would have got anywhere near the levels they are with out the significant investment that started for most when they were at the same level as us

Edited by OAFC1984
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Just out of interest, whats the minimum required for “deserving” one?

No Idea, but if you only get attendances of 3000 then it doesn't take a genius to work out  you cannot pay players £5 K a week. Clubs need to live off their  income or face the consequences (Bolton and Bury as an example) even having a very very wealthy owner the income stream cannot be guaranteed people and there circumstances change. God help Man City if there owners get bored..............................        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnG123 said:

God help Man City if there owners get bored..............................        

 

People said the same about Chelsea for years.

 

you are right but at that level there’ll always be a Trump level basket case to take it on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A town "deserving"  a football club or not has always struck me as a bizarre train of thought (or lack of).....

 

"You 200,000 people who live in a town that has a football club that has never been a part of your life better start coming to matches if you want your town to continue to have a football club that has never been a part of your life"

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A town "deserving"  a football club or not has always struck me as a bizarre train of thought (or lack of).....

 

"You 200,000 people who live in a town that has a football club that has never been a part of your life better start coming to matches if you want your town to continue to have a football club that has never been a part of your life"

 

 

Our attendances are poor. Where are the 47,000 that were at that cup game against Sheffield Wednesday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No town ‘deserves’ a football club unless it’s paid for by public funds, which should never happen as it would be a gross misuse of taxpayers’ money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Our attendances are poor. Where are the 47,000 that were at that cup game against Sheffield Wednesday?

 

If we could get them back and the Ched Evans 70,000 we could be fucking massive....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Our attendances are poor. Where are the 47,000 that were at that cup game against Sheffield Wednesday?

 

Some of them are probably dead

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Some of them are probably dead

See. No effort to come to games

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Some of them are probably dead

Lucky bastards.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, OAFC1984 said:

 

Some of them are probably dead

 

If so many dead people can vote in Oldham I see no reason why some of them can’t get themselves to BP aswell.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've a vision of a 150,000 crowd swelled with malnourished mill workers, militant feminazis and the Undead. We might even get on Sky Sports News.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I've a vision of a 150,000 crowd swelled with malnourished mill workers, militant feminazis and the Undead. We might even get on Sky Sports News.

Will the malnourished mill-workers come back when they find out the pies run out before half time?

Will Urko Vera be mistaken for the un-dead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Will the malnourished mill-workers come back when they find out the pies run out before half time?

Will Urko Vera be mistaken for the un-dead?

 

He certainly won’t be mistaken for malnourished 😁

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Will the malnourished mill-workers come back when they find out the pies run out before half time?

Will Urko Vera be mistaken for the un-dead?

It was the Great Depression, the workers were used to pie shortages.Lees Brewery might have kidnapped Vera and put him to work pulling dray wagons 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

The bit I struggled with was how he managed to run the club before he passed the so called fit and proper test.

 

Also, assuming the club folds tomorrow, what does he get? Does he own the land and ground, for instance? 

The land is surety against the loans which have been taken out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my dad was there  not sure why as he was a  passionate Oldham rugby league fan !

Fortunately didn't live to see the shit team the roughyeds are now!

p.s. Vera could be in the walking dead but don't think he is fast enough!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not called the Roughyeds now and actually sit in second place in ‘division 3’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Not called the Roughyeds now and actually sit in second place in ‘division 3’

roughyeds.co.uk/ is still their website? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know,  I still follow their results out of loyalty but hardly the team of the 50's 60's 70s rubbing shoulders with Wigan, Warrington St Helens etc now its London Skolars ffs . Never got over the council screwing them over Watersheddings  the bastards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...