Bury: Minutes to Midnight

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bury have been saved then great but they should still be relegated,

They have cheated their way to promotion last season by taking on players that others  cant afford then not paying them.

As they have not paid wages since Feb then the ELF should deduct all the points they won since then so they wouldn't have won promotion.

No doubt a new owner will now come in with a clean slate and start again at least for now in s league they shouldn't be in.

I really hope they get what they deserve , relegation.

14 minutes ago, losesome said:

They have cheated their way to promotion last season by taking on players that others  cant afford then not paying them.

As they have not paid wages since Feb then the ELF should deduct all the points they won since then so they wouldn't have won promotion.

No doubt a new owner will now come in with a clean slate and start again at least for now in s league they shouldn't be in.

They are going down this season, anyway. Think there will be further punishment from the EFL over their not playing for 4 weeks. 

Personally, if they are saved they should start next season on negative points too. 

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think it's all been sorted. No surprise. What precedence does this set for other owners now? Dale & Bury have gotten away with murder.

Not so fast... nowhere near all sorted. 

This can can only perhaps allow for an extension to actually get it sorted. It’ll take weeks to actually happen. If it then falls to pieces again the EFL will look even more ridiculous. They will be being very careful. 

9 hours ago, losesome said:

They are on -12 points with a backlog of fixtures the manager and best players who were behind the promotion have moved on. They will likely be under transfer embargo for sometime to come so will be putting out a scratch side at best over the course of this season. They will be relegated. It might take longer than that still to solve the problems.

I don't see what is to be gained from relegating them now. Its like the people who say they "deserve" to go bust its a laughable point of view. All you do there is punish the loyal employees who will lose their jobs and fans of the club who themselves were sold down the river. Stewart Day and Steve Dale caused this mess making Bury start again in the North West Counties league won't be a punishment to them

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They are on -12 points with a backlog of fixtures the manager and best players who were behind the promotion have moved on. They will likely be under transfer embargo for sometime to come so will be putting out a scratch side at best over the course of this season. They will be relegated. It might take longer than that still to solve the problems.

I don't see what is to be gained from relegating them now. Its like the people who say they "deserve" to go bust its a laughable point of view. All you do there is punish the loyal employees who will lose their jobs and fans of the club who themselves were sold down the river. Stewart Day and Steve Dale caused this mess making Bury start again in the North West Counties league won't be a punishment to them

I think the biggest reason why people want Bury to suffer is because that's the way most Latics fans can get any joy through football. At other clubs misfortunes. 

13 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

I think the biggest reason why people want Bury to suffer is because that's the way most Latics fans can get any joy through football. At other clubs misfortunes. 

Anyone would think you were not a Latics fan by that terminology. 

Funny you've got Adam in your username...

11 minutes ago, Fanny Adams said:

I think you are projecting there pal. 

You might want to look look at the Dale forum (and their 222 page thread on the topic)  to see true hatred and joy at others misfortune. The reasons are valid in Bury’s case imo. 

1 hour ago, Fanny Adams said:

Bury comical own goal

Stuff like the attached is the type of misfortune I can take pleasure in happening at Bury or any of our other local rivals.

Wanting them to go bust because a pair of jackass's like Day and Dale took the piss out of them?

Nah I don't want to see that.

Seems there's always someone willing to buy a football club, when it comes to the crunch..

Obviously it's a massive risk,  but worth noting for the "But who else is there if the Lemsagams leave?!" lads..

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Seems there's always someone willing to buy a football club, when it comes to the crunch..

Obviously it's a massive risk,  but worth noting for the "But who else is there if the Lemsagams leave?!" lads..

Our problem has been the £20 million + millstone TTA have welded to our heads, only someone as thick as AL would take on the major loss making part of a business with no tangible assets, to this day I still don't know why he bailed Corney the bullshitter out.

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Our problem has been the £20 million + millstone TTA have welded to our heads, only someone as thick as AL would take on the major loss making part of a business with no tangible assets, to this day I still don't know why he bailed Corney the bullshitter out.

A new site away from BP is the only thing that would make us a viable option for anyone wanting success with the club. Fuck all left and if we did have fan ownership, realistically, we'd do well to stay at the level we're at. Can't believe there weren't more buyers wanting to take us over after Moore given the land that has slowly been taken away from the club. 

Archived