Bury: Minutes to Midnight

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

People are kidding themselves.  Asking for transparency, demonstrating, forming groups etc does nothing because fans are at the mercy of the owners and the owners are given pretty much a free reign by the current EFL rules and governance.  Its a broken model.

That was my point. We have been demanding transparency and honesty from AL ever since he came on board. We get drip fed information and are constantly reassured that all is progressing (slowly slowly) while the rumour and speculation continue to grow.

The demand for transparency doesn’t seem to have made much difference so far.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Agree mate. Think if one or both go bust it will really give many other clubs supporters, including many of our own who seem oblivious to our owners incompetence, the kick up the arse they need to ensure its not repeated.

How can fans do this within the current EFL rules and company law?

What could/can fans of Bury, Macc, Bolton, Blackpool have done/do to take control?   Those fans, their demonstrations and actions achieved precisely nothing.

Forget nicking that centre circle or your season ticket seat lads...

Bury Football Club would like to issue the following statement to supporters.

We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for all supporters given the recent news regarding a potential takeover.

While the Club are working hard looking at other potential avenues with other interested parties, we would like to remind supporters that no one should gain access to inside the stadium (unless authorised).

CCTV is installed at Gigg Lane, and anyone damaging Club property or trespassing into the stadium itself will be identified and appropriately dealt with by the Police, who will have access to current and previous CCTV footage.

We would like to urge supporters to remain patient and respectful for Club property.  

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Forget nicking that centre circle or your season ticket seat lads...

Bury Football Club would like to issue the following statement to supporters.

We understand that this is a difficult and emotional time for all supporters given the recent news regarding a potential takeover.

While the Club are working hard looking at other potential avenues with other interested parties, we would like to remind supporters that no one should gain access to inside the stadium (unless authorised).

CCTV is installed at Gigg Lane, and anyone damaging Club property or trespassing into the stadium itself will be identified and appropriately dealt with by the Police, who will have access to current and previous CCTV footage.

We would like to urge supporters to remain patient and respectful for Club property.  

Fuck em . I have a 3 foot by 3 foot patch of turf that needs replacing, 

Delivery only ( free Latics season ticket)

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

How can fans do this within the current EFL rules and company law?

What could/can fans of Bury, Macc, Bolton, Blackpool have done/do to take control?   Those fans, their demonstrations and actions achieved precisely nothing.

They unite together with one common goal. Without the fans there is no club. 

We are a great example of a club with a split fan base....one group being anti AL, one group supporting the clown and one group who don't seem to give a fuck. 

I never said it would be easy but if more did as they said like Dick V and a few others, and actually stopped going to games then maybe the power would change? 

I for one will not set foot in BP until he's gone. I will go to away games though to support the team 

Was Ian Stott on the right track after all with the idea of a Manchester North team, i.e Latics, Rochdale and Bury?

Personally I don't think so, but some might think it would have been a better financial proposition.

59 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What, you mean like the Trust, the FLG and the large majority of this forum have been saying for over a year now?

😮

No, they don't own the club as such cannot financially ruin it. Abdallah and the current board can and as such need to be ask tough questions going forward.

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

They unite together with one common goal. Without the fans there is no club. 

We are a great example of a club with a split fan base....one group being anti AL, one group supporting the clown and one group who don't seem to give a fuck. 

I never said it would be easy but if more did as they said like Dick V and a few others, and actually stopped going to games then maybe the power would change? 

I for one will not set foot in BP until he's gone. I will go to away games though to support the team 

I'd argue there are very very very few actively supporting the owner (or any owner ever) as it should be.  Owners are just bank accounts mostly.

Unite together with one common goal?  To boycott and force administration?  Great plan.

50 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

One thing about AL is he has the money to run the club. He hasn't got anything else like land or stadium to rip off us. He's a businessman so the only way he will make money is the club. So we won't go under. We might be shit and possibly go down at some point but we won't go under

I'm glad you are so confident. Unaudited, abridged accounts. Full accounts not yet seen by Independent accountant which worries me. There is a charge (floating charge) that remains outstanding which once more remains outstanding. To me this is worrying however, I do stand correctly.

1st division north and south needed in my opinion instead of div 1 and two   Champions promoted then a play off for the remaining place   More local games   Would mean more away fans  at games  increased revenue for clubs   And  less cost involved  for the fans  obviously some midland teams would swap between  north and south  dependent on relegation and promotion 

45 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

What a great idea. Starve an already impoverished club of money and give to your rival clubs.

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Maybe the only way, is for other 71 [possibly 70] football league club's supporters to come together to force the issue......

And this is going to work? As Londonboy says we have 3 fan factions in this club alone that are miles apart.

Still think it is up to The Football Authorities to have a stronger say in club ownership and more importantly their expenditure/budgets.

42 minutes ago, Handsy said:

1st division north and south needed in my opinion instead of div 1 and two   Champions promoted then a play off for the remaining place   More local games   Would mean more away fans  at games  increased revenue for clubs   And  less cost involved  for the fans  obviously some midland teams would swap between  north and south  dependent on relegation and promotion 

No thanks.

51 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

And this is going to work? As Londonboy says we have 3 fan factions in this club alone that are miles apart.

Still think it is up to The Football Authorities to have a stronger say in club ownership and more importantly their expenditure/budgets.

The EFL are powerless to affect what the FA & Premier League do.... and they appear inept.

The FA & Premier League have no motivation to do anything...

If you’re Bournemouth at the moment, you could be forgiven for thinking, it won’t happen to us, we’re in the big time..... but that was Bolton not so long ago.... what happens when their benefactor disappears.....

.....a dozen clubs in the Premier League aside, every other club could end up like Bolton or Bury. Maybe now - because of Bolton & Bury - is the time for all supporters of all clubs that could end up like Bolton & Bury to come together. That would be the majority of football supporters in the UK.

The 72 + 8 vs the 12. Share more, or we all boycott and you 12 have no league structure to support you.

If it could be mobilised, it would be very effective.

Apparently some new offers for Bury making representations direct to EFL tonight?  But why didn’t they come forward last week or last month. Shambolic. Cannot be any more postponements. The competition has already been hugely undermined by Bolton and Bury. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Apparently some new offers for Bury making representations direct to EFL tonight?  But why didn’t they come forward last week or last month. Shambolic. Cannot be any more postponements. The competition has already been hugely undermined by Bolton and Bury. 

I think they did come forward earlier, but the current owner wants £1.7M of his money back and most of them weren’t prepared to do that. Maybe things have changed now. 

3 offers on the table for Bury SSN reporting. Really need to get this done and dusted.

Then the EFL needs to sit down and find prevention measures to stop people coming into do this type of thing again.

Alright you probably won't completely stop football clubs getting into bother but you can make it more difficult for dodgy characters getting hold of football clubs and holding them to ransom and make it less likely for this to happen again.

Archived