Cambridge (A)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

i bet it has, gutted i didnt go today but i will be there next saturday in the RRE.. .. 

I don't do away games unless there local to myself (no further than Bolton) but home games are like away trips for myself and many others

4 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

To some it's much, much more

Each to their own. It's a game of football to me. Of course, I have loyalty to Oldham Athletic when it comes to football and I could never support another team...but, in the grand scheme of life, it's just a game.

Just now, Wardie said:

Each to their own. It's a game of football to me. Of course, I have loyalty to Oldham Athletic when it comes to football and I could never support another team...but, in the grand scheme of life, it's just a game.

You got me on that one my friend, ofcourse it is

Just very happy bout today and copious shandies downed have taken their toll

Good night one and all.

Watchin the highlights it seems we have had our one lucky ‘even itself out’ match for the decade. Plenty of times now we will have goals like our first one disallowed. Penalties that aren’t penalties will be given against us, nevermind blatant ones not given. They won’t hit the woodwork when it’s easier to score and we will see the statistics often reversed yet somehow we are the ones that lose.

Vital we build on this now.

Gona go n watch the highlights again now!!

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Vera upfront on his own :lol:

Well if Cambridge have don their research they will know that they can push 20 yards further up the pitch.

Not a snow ball in hells chance we are scoring today with that team. Anyone going may aswell leave after Cambridge score their first goal.

Good prediction 😂😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Why is it our team hardly even celebrated the first goal? Found it odd to watch that back...

Not sure they were convinced it had been allowed.

The Cambridge fans clapping sarcastically behind the goal suggests there was confusion all round..

I must confess to feeling somewhat deflated when following the Rush Cart I saw that Vera was to start.  The stops for refreshment helped and then the unthinkable happened (again) - Urko scores.

The only important stat is goals scored and now we have four in five games with a return of four points.

An excellent result away from home just like the Palace.

I don't know if it's just me, but after supporting Latics for more years than I care to think about, I find it very difficult to be excited about yesterday's result. I was listening to Ifollow and normally would punch the air and say "Yes" when we score, and if we are hanging on at the end, I would be willing the final whistle to go. Yesterday I felt none of that, it was like listening to a match involving two teams I have no interest in. I don't know if it was down to the ultra dull commentary, or my complete lack of connection with my team. 

14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't know if it's just me, but after supporting Latics for more years than I care to think about, I find it very difficult to be excited about yesterday's result. I was listening to Ifollow and normally would punch the air and say "Yes" when we score, and if we are hanging on at the end, I would be willing the final whistle to go. Yesterday I felt none of that, it was like listening to a match involving two teams I have no interest in. I don't know if it was down to the ultra dull commentary, or my complete lack of connection with my team. 

It doesn’t help when it’s not clear for 30 seconds that we’ve scored. 

Archived