Cambridge (A)

19 hours ago, OLDHAMADE said:

I don't do away games unless there local to myself (no further than Bolton) but home games are like away trips for myself and many others

me.

“me and many others”

”local to me”

not “myself”

this isn’t a call centre 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, al_bro said:

I don't know if it's just me, but after supporting Latics for more years than I care to think about, I find it very difficult to be excited about yesterday's result. I was listening to Ifollow and normally would punch the air and say "Yes" when we score, and if we are hanging on at the end, I would be willing the final whistle to go. Yesterday I felt none of that, it was like listening to a match involving two teams I have no interest in. I don't know if it was down to the ultra dull commentary, or my complete lack of connection with my team. 

It’s just you.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:57 PM, the_mighty_bosh said:

To be fair to him (and I might be wrong) I think he was saying to the ref that the goal wasn't offside because it was in before Maouche touched it.

I was there and that’s the impression I got, but hey if people want to have a dig 🙄

15 hours ago, al_bro said:

I don't know if it's just me, but after supporting Latics for more years than I care to think about, I find it very difficult to be excited about yesterday's result. I was listening to Ifollow and normally would punch the air and say "Yes" when we score, and if we are hanging on at the end, I would be willing the final whistle to go. Yesterday I felt none of that, it was like listening to a match involving two teams I have no interest in. I don't know if it was down to the ultra dull commentary, or my complete lack of connection with my team. 

12 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s just you. 

11 hours ago, maddog said:

It’s not. 

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

It isnt 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

It isn’t. 

The win/s have a strange feel about them. I think somebody posted yesterday ‘can I boycott, but be glad we won’ an I think that sentiment rings true. 

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Again, it isn't. The disconnect is very real. 

Whereas I tend to agree about the disconnect to a certain degree, I still was absolutely pumped when Wheater’s header hit the back of the net. Also celebrating with the players at the end of the game showed me that there is something there to build on.

And a final mention for Azankpo - he was so happy at the end to shake hands, pose for selfies - top bloke. If only he hadn’t screwed that shot wide at 1-2 😀

The lack of excitement about the win is probably down to 25 years of false dawns, I reckon... and this is the lowest ebb the club has been in that time. 

Yeah, it was a win and we're all pleased, but in reality we know it won't amount to anything as we'll almost definitely lose next week or the week after. 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Do they? 

It just felt like a win to me. 

Not something that’s easily overthunk I’d imagine 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, maybe your right. 

I spent ages thinking about that post as well. I just can’t put my finger on why a win doesn’t feel overly relevant at the minute. 

It’s weird. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

The lack of excitement about the win is probably down to 25 years of false dawns, I reckon... and this is the lowest ebb the club has been in that time. 

Yeah, it was a win and we're all pleased, but in reality we know it won't amount to anything as we'll almost definitely lose next week or the week after. 

"Don't bother to celebrate this win lads, as we will just lose next time."

I was very much cheering our goals on Saturday like any other game, but to me the win just felt more like relief and almost a bit of a shock as I expected us to get nothing based on previous performances. Still, I wouldn't say I was any less happy than I should have been for beating a poor Cambridge side.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Given that ‘the week after’ is Plymouth Away I’m not sure that you’re going out on a limb there @JoeP 🤔

23 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you work in a different century? 

No mate, my job takes me away from the computer so I can't get on it until I am home and even when I did work at a computer, I didn't have time to browse the forums and anyway, personal use of the internet or mobile phones was prohibited...and that was this century. :D 

Went away for a few days over Bank Holiday. Glad (and amazed) we won and always happy to eat a slice of humble pie.

One win doesn't alter my boycotting position (neither will 10 on the bounce)  - I won't be going until something dramatic changes at BP.

At the moment, it seems like we are almost a one man team (Wheater - the new, younger Peter Clarke) - I say almost, because the keeper is making some very decent saves. Just pray Wheater does not get injured really, simple as that.

Archived