Cambridge (A)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Quick question, I am boycotting games, if we win can I still boycott but be glad we have won. 

Well Im happy Ive lost another bet amd Im happy to waste another fiver next week if it gets us another win so yes thats fine.

Regardless our thoughts on everythingelse we shoukd just toast a win. My god we are going to need David Wheater this season.

33 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Awaiting the inevitable 'papering over the cracks' comments. 

Take a win any way it comes.

Shucky be getting 5 bags tonight

Well if you think a rather fortunate battling win is the equivalent of a full sand, fill and paint then you're wrong. 

Very pleased I went and very pleased to see a win. Obviously there are positives to take. Doesn't mean everything's fine and dandy. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Well if you think a rather fortunate battling win is the equivalent of a full sand, fill and paint then you're wrong. 

Very pleased I went and very pleased to see a win. Obviously there are positives to take. Doesn't mean everything's fine and dandy. 

Was it smash n grab Dave? Or did we deserve something? 

On 7/29/2019 at 12:05 PM, BP1960 said:

Yes I've seen Woods and I can confirm the opinion of my professional contact from Scotland. The loanee  just isn't ready for number 1.

I can see another keeper being signed.

Whats your opinion - you wont give one will you?

On 7/29/2019 at 11:20 AM, Frankies6 said:

My opinion is that gary woods is going to cost us alot of goals this season.. and going of Al's recruitment policy he is another one of his cheap options.. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:46 PM, latics22 said:

I said woods would be shit, people clinging on to one promotion with Doncaster. Hes been floating around shite teams and Scotland.

Discuss.  

Kept us in the game last two matches, played a big part in the four points we've got, and wasn't really at fault in the defeats. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Was it smash n grab Dave? Or did we deserve something? 

We deserved something but three points is pushing it! 

Woods and Wheater came out with much credit and Sylla made a big impact. Some very glaring weaknesses though. Next to nothing up front. 

Nepo surely has to play left wing, Eagles is paceless. Smith-Brown miles off the pace. 

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

My god we are going to need David Wheater this season.

We're all over the shop at the back without him, aren't we?

Iacovitti is struggling too much himself to help cover Hamer's inexperience, and Sefil is Sefil. 

Really want to see an experienced centre back as our next signing, as a partner or backup for Wheater. 

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We deserved something but three points is pushing it! 

Woods and Wheater came out with much credit and Sylla made a big impact. Some very glaring weaknesses though. Next to nothing up front. 

Nepo surely has to play left wing, Eagles is paceless. Smith-Brown miles off the pace. 

Smith-Brown awful again agreed. Nep at left back for me 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

How we play is puzzling, we literally camp on the edge of our box, and look to hit on the counter but we are awful going forward. Buzzing we have won. Wheater is massive to us. Glad for the 3 points. 

Oh and Sylla was exactly what we needed to win the 2nd balls in fairness. Still don’t rate him tho but did what we needed today. 

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

All the breaking players are runners tho aren't they. Fage Azankpo Branger-Engone. All just want to run towards goal. But more composure on the break we could have had another goal

It's looking like this is Banide's style now. 

I don't mind playing on the counter so much away from home, but it is suicidal without someone like Wheater able to soak up the pressure. 

At home, I'd rather see us keep hold of the ball more and be more patient. Or at least play with a second striker who can hold the ball up. 

30 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We're all over the shop at the back without him, aren't we?

Iacovitti is struggling too much himself to help cover Hamer's inexperience, and Sefil is Sefil. 

Really want to see an experienced centre back as our next signing, as a partner or backup for Wheater. 

Egert will be back in a few weeks 

We should sign an experienced player or quality loanee who can control (give us a?) midfield and a similar standard of striker, and nothing else. 

We've got the bodies otherwise for this shit league - none of them are world beaters but can all be ok, Sefil aside... 

1 hour ago, OAFC1984 said:

Splitting hairs?

insulting someone by saying if they had one more brain cell would make them something that doesn’t have a brain to have cells is Irish by anyone’s standards...

(im from Irish stock before anyone says Im racist)

Guys boring as fuck I wouldn’t get into dialogue with him. Just wait till we play Morecambe away and he gets into telling us about every little bit of history of Cumbria. Dull as they come. 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Discuss.  

Kept us in the game last two matches, played a big part in the four points we've got, and wasn't really at fault in the defeats. 

Can I discuss, you have far too much time on your hands ?

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Guys boring as fuck I wouldn’t get into dialogue with him. Just wait till we play Morecambe away and he gets into telling us about every little bit of history of Cumbria. Dull as they come. 

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Can I discuss you have far too much time on your hands ?

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Where as you have enough time to reply. 

Come on, let's have a night off, eh?

We won and there's no work on Monday! This might be the highlight of the season!

Archived