Plymouth (a)

25 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not been so cant comment. But from stats looks like we try to soak up pressure then try hit them on the break. Today's a good result, starting feel a bit more positive. Looks like goals will come from the whole team. Not necessarily the strikers 

We have strikers?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and the fighting amongst the fans and the two that got arrested and the one that punched the steward should be embarrassed. If you want a punch up take up boxing. If it’s due to alcohol don’t drink, actually cringe to watch. Grown men, surely going home to their family’s, great example... 

Amongst the chaos, there do appear to be some decent players there. Woods, Wheater and Fage have all started the season well. Hamer, Mills, Nepo and Missilou should all be good enough at this level whilst Eagles and Morais’ experience should add something.

Such a shame that our scattergun recruitment didn’t include a decent striker - we won’t achieve anything without one.

Positive signs today and a good point but needs to be followed up by a home

win. 

52 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A decent performance IMO but Maouche should have absolutely buried that chance, frustratingly he didn’t and Plymouth went up the other end and scored.

His woeful finishing has probably cost us 4 points so far as he missed a couple of sitters at home to Exeter!!

Hes absolute dog shit. Even kos isnt defending him. Hes costing us points week in week out. Needs to be dropped!

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Oh and the fighting amongst the fans and the two that got arrested and the one that punched the steward should be embarrassed. If you want a punch up take up boxing. If it’s due to alcohol don’t drink, actually cringe to watch. Grown men, surely going home to their family’s, great example... 

Sounds like it may have been started by their over zealous stewarding? 

5 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hes absolute dog shit. Even kos isnt defending him. Hes costing us points week in week out. Needs to be dropped!

He isn’t dog shit, but I think he might benefit from a stint on the bench. Needs to sharpen up. 

Maouche has a goal and I think it's four assists this season. Whisker away from scoring at Bradford where in the first half he ran the game. He'd have even more assists if other players didn't miss chances 'costing us points'. Even if we were top three at the minute I would have took a good performance and a 2-2 draw away at Plymouth. Yet people are still trying to find a negative about maouche or the strikers. I didn't go today but reading the sky commentary and the various reports after the game, a lot of it was Wilson this Wilson that. Azankpo this azankpo that. Creating things and linking things. Maouche got an assist today and even if he fluffed his lines, he still got in to a few scoring chances. Some of you need to lighten up. Anyone else we've had in the past and people would be saying well at least he's getting in to the positions

2 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Maouche has a goal and I think it's four assists this season. Whisker away from scoring at Bradford where in the first half he ran the game. He's have even more assists if other players didn't miss chances 'costing us points'. Even if we were top three at the minute I would have took a good performance and a 2-2 draw away at Plymouth. Yet people are still trying to find a negative about maouche or the strikers. I didn't go today but reading the sky commentary and the various reports after the game, a lot of it was Wilson this Wilson that. Azankpo this azankpo that. Creating things and linking things. Maouche got an assist today and even if he fluffed his lines, he still got in to a few scoring chances. Some of you need to lighten up. Anyone else we've had in the past and people would be saying well at least he's getting in to the positions

People are saying it was a decent point, also pointing out the positives and the negatives, Maouche was a negative plain and simple. 

This is league 2 and it's looking like we will survive purely by beining better than some shit teams.  Which is obviously how football works worst teams etc. However it looks like a battle then mm isnt that Type of player. Hes not even a luxury , he no Byrne or Baxter. Hes a passenger!

25 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Sounds like it may have been started by their over zealous stewarding? 

The stewards where telling people to sit down that’s it. He wouldn’t sit down, the guy then punched the steward and the steward wrongly punched him back. The Oldham fan was being a massive bell end and asking for trouble, other fans around me agreed. 

He could be such a good player but needs to up his tempo. He strolls around like he has all the time in the world when in actual fact he hasn’t!!

Technically he’s probably our best player. He knows he’s a shoe in for a place but now has genuine competition for his position.

He needs a kick up the arse and a spell on the subs bench could be the makings of him.

Just now, latics22 said:

This is league 2 and it's looking like we will survive purely by beining better than some shit teams.  Which is obviously how football works worst teams etc. However it looks like a battle then mm isnt that Type of player. Hes not even a luxury , he no Byrne or Baxter. Hes a passenger!

We’ll see.  I think you are being overly negative. 

Just now, oafc1955 said:

He could be such a good player but needs to up his tempo. He strolls around like he has all the time in the world when in actual fact he hasn’t!!

Technically he’s probably our best player. He knows he’s a shoe in for a place but now has genuine competition for his position.

He needs a kick up the arse and a spell on the subs bench could be the makings of him.

I can agree with this. 

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

People are saying it was a decent point, also pointing out the positives and the negatives, Maouche was a negative plain and simple. 

Fair enough if what you are saying was true. But people saying he's dog shit and needs to be dropped and he's costing us points is more than a negative. If anything people should be saying go with the same team next week. Maouche might not be firing full pelt right now but plain and simple, he's our top assister and probably gets in to goal scoring positions more than anyone else. A more apt negative would be that moauche didn't play great today but still got an assist and still managed to create chances

I've not seen that much of us but would I be right in saying that's the best we've played so far?

Looks like it's coming together but still a shame we didn't sign a decent striker.

It's glaringly obvious Maouche needs dropping not only because he's a liability when we're defending & totally unreliable attacking but also to accommodate 2 strikers.

I think Mo & Banide are determined though to stick with a system they think will ultimately bear fruit and I'm kind of OK with that, these things can take time. 

35 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Simple question @latics22 - did you go today?

37 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Baxter...who is so awesome he was taken off after 60 mins against, according to you, a shit team.  Baxter... who only has a 3 month deal in the 4th division. 

He’s done. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Baxter...who is so awesome he was taken off after 60 mins against, according to you, a shit team.  Baxter... who only has a 3 month deal in the 4th division. 

He’s done. 

Totally agree. Was done when he was with us and couldn’t get in the team. Has all the ability in The world but head isn’t with it. 

Archived