Plymouth (a)

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

OASIS will probably save our blushes on this own - otherwise it would have been the worst away attendance from Latics for a long time I suspect.

Home Park was essentially the birthplace of OASIS.  Maybe a plaque?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moved to London and got mate coming down from York for the weekend. Couldn't persuade him to travel to Plymouth so going to Leyton Orient v Swindon instead. 

Get to see how Wellens, Doyle, Lyden do and also see how Hunt gets on against Conor Wilkinson.

Might be very sad and go near the dug outs to try and get a word with some of them but not sure they'll say too much!

I've not missed a trip to Plymuff for God knows how long (awaits some smart arse telling me when we last played them), but I honestly can't be bothered this time. Good luck to those who go; I doff my cap (metaphorically) and hope you all have a great day.

29 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've not missed a trip to Plymuff for God knows how long (awaits some smart arse telling me when we last played them), but I honestly can't be bothered this time. Good luck to those who go; I doff my cap (metaphorically) and hope you all have a great day.

I might have traveled down if we were mid table or above but not doing six hours travel to likely keep up our none scoring form

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Bacup. Not really that far.

Ah, the valley that time forgot; surely the model for Royston Vasey.  I once asked for a pint in a pub in Waterfoot and the barman just looked at me and said "You're not from round 'ere".

20 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

We've got a great record against these prior to losing the last two meetings and seem to do well in general on long trips south (to me).

Morais and Smith feeding Big Urko could well see us win this... 

He won't be able to keep up with them. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Ah, the valley that time forgot; surely the model for Royston Vasey.  I once asked for a pint in a pub in Waterfoot and the barman just looked at me and said "You're not from round 'ere".

Had me smiling that - I once viewed a beautiful house in Waterfoot and fell in love with it. Then I went for a couple of pints locally............

Very, very strange place and people indeed.

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Had me smiling that - I once viewed a beautiful house in Waterfoot and fell in love with it. Then I went for a couple of pints locally............

My parents lived there for a couple of years because of my Dad's job. A strange place indeed. 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

28 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It’s probably due to the fact that everybody is related to each other. 

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s probably due to the fact that everybody is related to each other. 

I lived in London by then. I went into a Waterfoot pub, with my still at home brother, wearing a New Romantic style shirt. It went very, very quiet. I suspect they're still talking about it now. 

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I lived in London by then. I went into a Waterfoot pub, with my still at home brother, wearing a New Romantic style shirt. It went very, very quiet. I suspect they're still talking about it now. 

I know a lad who followed England away.  He was talking about an encounter when going to Poland in the '90s.

I asked him what was Poland like back then? He said it like something from The Hills Have Eyes, similar to Bacup 😊 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

That maybe the case however they filmed the league of Gentlemen here in Glossop (well Hadfield to be precise)

In fact they film the opening credits at the end of my road. Obviously we are not all like this around here not all of us have webbed feet 6 fingers pointing at planes. 

I say all of us their are a couple of odd balls round here.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

😂

There is no suspect about it Dave, you are and always will be the ‘strange new romantic interloper.’ 

I was once told it was the end of the line. . 

Never a truer word spoken. 

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed.  They weren't welcome in 'the valley'.....

I had a letter posted through my door 2 years ago when they were filming season 4 about potentially using my house during the series. Part of me felt like taking offence however a quick google search on how much you can make on a days filming lead to me calling up asking if they fancied using my house sadly they didn't use it. 

I guess they haven't discovered Google in "the valley" as you call it.

Archived