Egert

He seems to have become an amazing player over the last month or so.  Is there any basis for assuming a player who missed the whole of last season with a serious injury and played 8 games over the previous couple of years is somehow the reincarnation of Bobby Moore?  He's 25 and has played 40 senior games.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He seems to have become an amazing player over the last month or so.  Is there any basis for assuming a player who missed the whole of last season with a serious injury and played 8 games over the previous couple of years is somehow the reincarnation of Bobby Moore?  He's 25 and has played 40 senior games.

No pressure on the lad then!

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Because he went to Burton in the championship with good reviews from abroad. And Burton generally do good business. Had a really bad injury and then a recurrence which together had him out for two seasons. Stay clear of injury and he will be a top signing

4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Because he went to Burton in the championship with good reviews from abroad. And Burton generally do good business. Had a really bad injury and then a recurrence which together had him out for two seasons. Stay clear of injury and he will be a top signing

They'd already released him before the injury. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Saw Bobby Moore score a cracking goal for us so welcome this comparison!

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

🎣 

Lets just wait and see.  If he was capable enough for Burton to want him then I’m prepared to believe he will be a good addition. 

“And Nigel Clough has confirmed that, while they would have liked to have taken the Czech defender on as cover, Albion could not fit Egert into their budget for the 2018-19 campaign.”

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

🎣

Lets just wait and see.  If he was capable enough for Burton to want him then I’m prepared to believe he will be a good addition. 

“And Nigel Clough has confirmed that, while they would have liked to have taken the Czech defender on as cover, Albion could not fit Egert into their budget for the 2018-19 campaign.”

That just says there were other players they wanted to spend their budget on.  I imagine they would have had four centre halves so he was, at best, their fifth choice.  I hope he's a great success but he seems to have something like mythical status as to how good he might be for no obvious reason.

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That just says there were other players they wanted to spend their budget on.  I imagine they would have had four centre halves so he was, at best, their fifth choice.  I hope he's a great success but he seems to have something like mythical status as to how good he might be for no obvious reason.

About a week away now from playing a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived