The Trust - Focus on 'Al in' or 'Al out'?

What should 'The Trust' focus on?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see 'The Trust' approach the situation as of right now?

• Work with Al and try to improve the relationship between Al & the Fans
    • Work on removing Al and seeking potential new owners?

Given that the overwhelming majority seemingly want Al out of the club ASAP, and knowing that confidence in 'The Trust' is pretty much at an all time low, what would you rather 'The Trust' focus on going forward?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Given that the overwhelming majority seemingly want Al out of the club ASAP, and knowing that confidence in 'The Trust' is pretty much at an all time low, what would you rather 'The Trust' focus on going forward?

Not arsed to be honest - as I said on another thread they are useless.

Dont ask questions of 🤡 dont answer questions from fans and when members threaten to withdraw membership do they try their best to keep them and promise better?? Nah one member on here gleefully replied

”hi......... if you go on the website you will find the link to cancel your membership”

may as well added “Fuck yourself to it”

I repeat “Trust are a waste of fucking space”

Just now, OAFC1984 said:

Not arsed to be honest - as I said on another thread they are useless.

Dont ask questions of 🤡 dont answer questions from fans and when members threaten to withdraw membership do they try their best to keep them and promise better?? Nah one member on here gleefully replied

”hi......... if you go on the website you will find the link to cancel your membership”

may as well added “Fuck yourself to it”

I repeat “Trust are a waste of fucking space”

I get that, which is why I made reference to the fact that confidence in them seems to be rock bottom, but like @oafcmetty said in the Trust forum earlier - The Trust seem to be searching for appeasement between fans & the board, whereas fans want the board out.  Hence my poll.

Whilst I wouldn't hold my breath, I'd like the Trust to seriously consider option B above if the results of the poll suggest it's favourable.   Obviously OWTB does not represent the views of all Latics fans, but it would be a good indicator for them. 

There was a poll on Twitter the other day where a few hundred took part and it was 91% in favour of 'Al out'.

I'd like them to continue trying to build a relationship with the Lemmy's in order to hopefully have some positive influence on something at some point...

Not much else they can do really. 

As has always been the case whoever the owners have been.

Baffles me that so many don't get this, or pretend to not get this. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Their mandate is to look after the long term term interests of the club. If their is a credible buyer waiting in the wings then they should work towards getting them in. There's no point in out for outs sake. 

Totally agree. 

I don’t know much about the credibility of those trying to buy Bury at the last minute, but would it not be worth have discussions with those people to see what their ambitions were in buying a football club in the area, in addition to sounding out other potential buyers?

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

Totally agree. 

I don’t know much about the credibility of those trying to buy Bury at the last minute, but would it not be worth have discussions with those people to see what their ambitions were in buying a football club in the area, in addition to sounding out other potential buyers?

I've suggested a contact is made.  They are credible.  I don't expect to be told but I'd be disappointed if it hadn't been tried

18 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd like them to continue trying to build a relationship with the Lemmy's in order to hopefully have some positive influence on something at some point...

Not much else they can do really. 

As has always been the case whoever the owners have been.

Baffles me that so many don't get this, or pretend to not get this. 

100% this. 

“Sack the board” is dumb. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

100% this. 

“Sack the board” is dumb. 

With all the warning signs flashing, how is "sack the board" dumb? Does the poster not think that anybody else could actually organise the club better than the current incumbents?

Warning signs (none to do with the actual 11 players on the pitch not Banide the coach)      

Nepotism at the top - owner signs his own brother to be sporting director

Recruitment & selection - where do we start? Only players we sign are either players we have had before or from AL's brother's agency. Squad of 34 with no reserve league. Most of which are actually lower quality than necessary to COMPETE at league 2. Coach not involved in most of our signings (if any at all)    

Debt free - Owner claimed 100% debt free/ then 95% debt free but cannot be substantiated and accounts that are publicly available suggest still insolvent and 2 floating charges are outstanding

Liaison with supporters - no relationship with Trust to speak of/ not complying with EFL compliance

Club reputation in community - good community trust at club (nothing to do with owners) but allegations of not paying creditors - coach firms/ Hotels etc. - loss of sponsors - how is club standing in terms of its reputation within community?

Treatment of staff / players - many stories of lack of care towards playing staff - Fane/ O'Grady/ Coke all banished - many more - Davies/ Byrne/ Gerrard/ Clarke - unsubstantiated but no smoke without fire and on balance of probability - major off the field issues with playing staff

Turnover of staff - massive turnover of staff off the field - staff getting gold clock for staying a month (okay exaggeration but definitely issues)

Pension contributions - non-payment widely recorded

Apathy is the main problem we have amongst our supporters base - it brought down Bury FC to all extents and purposes, no one heeded the warning signs. The same and others are there at Latics (the list above only scratches at the surface) and may well bring down us if we do not pay heed as a supporters base - Trust led or not.

Do you really believe that Mr Lemsagam will listen to supporters and moderate his behaviour sufficient to enable us to be well run??     

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's an idiom, not a literal request. 

And its dumb. 

I accept it has become an idiom over the years, but I also suspect a large percentage of those chanting it don’t know what an idiom is... they are being literal. 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

And its dumb. 

I accept it has become an idiom over the years, but I also suspect a large percentage of those chanting it don’t know what an idiom is... they are being literal. 

Put all your energies into finding anew and credible owner who can develop a sustainable business plan to stabilise the club.....would be a shit chant.

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

With all the warning signs flashing, how is "sack the board" dumb? Does the poster not think that anybody else could actually organise the club better than the current incumbents?

Warning signs (none to do with the actual 11 players on the pitch not Banide the coach)      

Recruitment & selection - where do we start? Only players we sign are either players we have had before or from AL's brother's agency. Squad of 34 with no reserve league. Most of which are actually lower quality than necessary to COMPETE at league 2. Coach not involved in most of our signings (if any at all)    

Debt free - Owner claimed 100% debt free/ then 95% debt free but cannot be substantiated and accounts that are publicly available suggest still insolvent and 2 floating charges are outstanding

Liaison with supporters - no relationship with Trust to speak of/ not complying with EFL compliance

Club reputation in community - good community trust at club (nothing to do with owners) but allegations of not paying creditors - coach firms/ Hotels etc. - loss of sponsors - how is club standing in terms of its reputation within community?

Treatment of staff / players - many stories of lack of care towards playing staff - Fane/ O'Grady/ Coke all banished - many more - Davies/ Byrne/ Gerrard/ Clarke - unsubstantiated but no smoke without fire and on balance of probability - major off the field issues with playing staff

Turnover of staff - massive turnover of staff off the field - staff getting gold clock for staying a month (okay exaggeration but definitely issues)

Apathy is the main problem we have amongst our supporters base - it brought down Bury FC to all extents and purposes, no one heeded the warning signs. The same and others are there at Latics (the list above only scratches at the surface) and may well bring down us if we do not pay heed as a supporters base - Trust led or not.

Do you really believe that Mr Lemsagam will listen to supporters and moderate his behaviour sufficient to enable us to be well run??     

Dear me... the phrase is dumb.  That is not at odds with the rest of your post. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Put all your energies into finding anew and credible owner who can develop a sustainable business plan to stabilise the club.....would be a shit chant.

Yes it would. 

“Abdallah out” would better than both don't you think? 

19 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Totally agree. 

The stumbling block with them was the ground, which they couldn't agree a deal for. It was mortgaged up to the hilt and had other loans against it. To buy Latics they would have to negotiate with Blitz as well. he has already agreed a favourable deal with the FLG. New owners would have to pay more.

I agree though that the only way AL can be removed, is for new buyers to approach him. If he got wind that the Trust were behind it, he may well be his usual belligerent self and refuse to speak to them.    

7 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Its not worth spending the time responding to Kow, he is a serial wind up merchant butting in on every thread. Most of us know by now that AL's behaviour runs very deep and is unlikely to change sufficiently to engage positively with fans,treat employees with respect and in the long run allow us to survive in the EFL.

27 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

As I write this, the result is over 80% in the "anti AL" camp.

If this poll is accepted as a reasonable yardstick, it shows just how far out of touch The Trust are with the fanbase.

Not directed just at you this wiseowl but all the posts on this thread 

Serious question and not intended to offend but:

Do any of you have any ideas how to remove the owner of a Ltd Company as in Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd ? 

And within the realms of possibility preferably 

7 hours ago, tGWB said:

Not directed just at you this wiseowl but all the posts on this thread 

Serious question and not intended to offend but:

Do any of you have any ideas how to remove the owner of a Ltd Company as in Oldham Athletic 2004 Ltd ? 

And within the realms of possibility preferably 

Well IMO one of the first things The Trust should be doing is finding prospective buyers. It’s not easy, obviously, but half a dozen made attempts to buy Bury a week before they were struck off so they’re the first lot that I’d be having a discussion with to find out what their merits as an organisation/collective are, why they are interested in owning a football club in the area, what their ambitions are, and should everything stack up, are they still looking for a club.

Then you’d introduce them to the FLG and see if any common ground can be found there.

Al won’t be looking to sell, but he can’t possibly be making any real money here so if a few interested parties came to him with an offer then I think he’d have to consider it, despite how clearly egotistical and deluded he is.

Archived