The Trust - Focus on 'Al in' or 'Al out'?

What should 'The Trust' focus on?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see 'The Trust' approach the situation as of right now?

• Work with Al and try to improve the relationship between Al & the Fans
    • Work on removing Al and seeking potential new owners?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....has he? On what?

30 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

this is the problem - he says invested when he means spent. 

you invest in assets. you spend on wages and paying bills (yeah, I know)..... 

What’s your point? 

Your not expecting a man who can’t afford to buy the ground to ‘invest’ in other things are you?? 

If the numerous rumours are true he’s ‘spent’ thousands on over inflated wages to very average players or ghost signings. 

I would prefer he ‘spent’ his money on players that actually start occasionally. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

What’s your point? 

Your not expecting a man who can’t afford to buy the ground to ‘invest’ in other things are you?? 

If the numerous rumours are true he’s ‘spent’ thousands on over inflated wages to very average players or ghost signings. 

I would prefer he ‘spent’ his money on players that actually start occasionally. can actually play football

FIFY

I think the reputation the owner had for financial acumen was luckily gained from the Edmunson, and possibly Duffus deals -  very luckily. But all the work has been undone with the handling of Nepo  as one of the few assets of the team.

But answers as to what is in it for someone who no affinity to the club, oestensibly paying of millions, happy to lose value on a number of players and yet not enough to buy everything and add value. The possibilities rapidly diminish.

To anyone within the trust potentially reading this, please know you are an absolutely pointless organisation, you cling onto this 3% shares that you have, it’s time to give this up and actually act on behalf of the fans. Currently you act on behalf of no one and most of the work you attempt to do ends up in a none result.  You wonder why trust membership is so low, then maybe it’s time to change strategy, or is the current director wanting to join the board also? Time to act and do what you are suppose to do. 

11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

To anyone within the trust potentially reading this, please know you are an absolutely pointless organisation, you cling onto this 3% shares that you have, it’s time to give this up and actually act on behalf of the fans. Currently you act on behalf of no one and most of the work you attempt to do ends up in a none result.  You wonder why trust membership is so low, then maybe it’s time to change strategy, or is the current director wanting to join the board also? Time to act and do what you are suppose to do. 

It would be an absolute nonsense to give up the 3% shareholding in the club. The shareholding has got a Trust Director access to the club board and only recently, access to the club financial data. It also affords the Trust some legal rights regarding being a shareholder.

You cant seriously think that kind of access to the club would be given without the 3% shareholding do you ?

I make no apologies for my view that, for me the Trust strategy is correct as in having access to the club whilst building relationships with other club trusts and in particular the FSA (Football Supporters Association) who can provide legal advice for when the time arises.

Our greatest danger lies in not being able to run the club with some financial stability. Lack of cash flow, a clubs lack of ability to pay its bills is what kills a club.

We need a supporter group sat around the board table to keep track on that, not having to simply rely on social media rumours for updates..

And again I make no apologies for saying, the greater number of supporters the Trust represents, as in membership, the greater chance they have of being a positive influence on this and any other owner.  

Supporting the Trust doesn't mean that supporters cant protest in other ways but the time will inevitably come when too many supporters could regret they didn't join and at least give them a fighting chance

:chubb:  

7 minutes ago, tGWB said:

It would be an absolute nonsense to give up the 3% shareholding in the club. The shareholding has got a Trust Director access to the club board and only recently, access to the club financial data. It also affords the Trust some legal rights regarding being a shareholder.

You cant seriously think that kind of access to the club would be given without the 3% shareholding do you ?

I make no apologies for my view that, for me the Trust strategy is correct as in having access to the club whilst building relationships with other club trusts and in particular the FSA (Football Supporters Association) who can provide legal advice for when the time arises.

Our greatest danger lies in not being able to run the club with some financial stability. Lack of cash flow, a clubs lack of ability to pay its bills is what kills a club.

We need a supporter group sat around the board table to keep track on that, not having to simply rely on social media rumours for updates..

And again I make no apologies for saying, the greater number of supporters the Trust represents, as in membership, the greater chance they have of being a positive influence on this and any other owner.  

Supporting the Trust doesn't mean that supporters cant protest in other ways but the time will inevitably come when too many supporters could regret they didn't join and at least give them a fighting chance

:chubb:  

They sit around the board and do what exactly ? They are to scared to do any form of protest as they are frightened to lose there seat around the table. Well they don’t have to give up the 3% but why won’t they start acting on behalf now of the actual fans rather than believing the bull shot that AL continually feeds them. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

They sit around the board and do what exactly ? They are to scared to do any form of protest as they are frightened to lose there seat around the table. Well they don’t have to give up the 3% but why won’t they start acting on behalf now of the actual fans rather than believing the bull shot that AL continually feeds them. 

Happy to agree to disagree on this.

Youve made too many assumptions just on this post without even considering there are alternative approaches to helping our club than simply protesting. 

No hard feelings though 

4 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Youve made too many assumptions just on this post without even considering there are alternative approaches to helping our club than simply protesting. 

No hard feelings though 

Go on then throw the alternative approaches out there then...

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

No hard feelings though 

Nothing wrong with a debate, it’s not personal to any individuals at all. All I’ve seen since I have supported my club is a constant decline, can you please run me through these alternative approaches that have been conducted and how they benefited the club in any way. The trust are in a position to unite fans and attempt get AL out, this man is slowly killing our club, at a faster rate than any previous owners. But from the outside looking in, the trust seem happy to sit on the board and not act.

I assume you are on the trust ? 

Im genuinely interested in what the trust are trying to currently achieve. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Go on then throw the alternative approaches out there then...

Its virtually impossible to remove an owner of a private limited company. 

No amount of fans protests are going to shift this fella other than maybe boycotting games and starving the club of much needed cash.

Having access to the inner workings of the club is the only way of keeping track on the financial situation and the Trust has that. Giving that up is a nonsense.

The day will inevitably come when supporters will need access to legal advice and the funds to pay for it to help save our club

Running round with collection buckets at the eleventh hour just isnt going to work. 

Just my view fellas 

22 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Its virtually impossible to remove an owner of a private limited company. 

No amount of fans protests are going to shift this fella other than maybe boycotting games and starving the club of much needed cash.

Having access to the inner workings of the club is the only way of keeping track on the financial situation and the Trust has that. Giving that up is a nonsense.

The day will inevitably come when supporters will need access to legal advice and the funds to pay for it to help save our club

Running round with collection buckets at the eleventh hour just isnt going to work. 

Just my view fellas 

We and the trust have sat around long enough, why don’t the trust take ownership and unite the fans and lead this. They won’t, because they are happy just sitting close to the accounts. It’s not only the financial situation that will keep this club alive, it’s keeping fans engaged and in love with the club, as things stands this number is dropping each day and will continue to do so, but that’s okay, the trust can see the accounts look better than the shambles they where previously.  

Its getting to the point where fans arnt arsed, and that will kill our club, not the financial position. Do something. 

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We and the trust have sat around long enough, why don’t the trust take ownership and unite the fans and lead this. They won’t, because they are happy just sitting close to the accounts. It’s not only the financial situation that will keep this club alive, it’s keeping fans engaged and in love with the club, as things stands this number is dropping each day and will continue to do so, but that’s okay, the trust can see the accounts look better than the shambles they where previously.  

Its getting to the point where fans arnt arsed, and that will kill our club, not the financial position. Do something. 

What do you mean "the Trust take ownership"?

Its almost an impossible situation for the Trust this.

They can't force the clown out but they can't work with him really, he shows no signs of either learning or changing his ways despite the fact they are clearly failing the club miserably.

His motivations seem at best murky. 

I'm not sure what the solution is here my hope is he bails out quickly but when that happens it will be upto us fans to pick up the pieces to an extent and rally together I hope we are all ready for that

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its almost an impossible situation for the Trust this.

They can't force the clown out but they can't work with him really, he shows no signs of either learning or changing his ways despite the fact they are clearly failing the club miserably.

His motivations seem at best murky. 

I'm not sure what the solution is here my hope is he bails out quickly but when that happens it will be upto us fans to pick up the pieces to an extent and rally together I hope we are all ready for that

Anything to get this megaprick out.

Archived