Barrow A tonight

It's worth reading the official twitter feed.

Don't look at the 1st few tweets ot you'll see the score. jump to the start of the game - Hint it's an exciting read.

Sorry guys I 've only just read the Carlisle thread and discovered it was actually the Barrow game.... Doh!

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Usually a combination of first team and fringe to be fair. 

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably because they thought they could win it and therefore make some capital.  That went well.

Who took the team do we know? Banide, Cadamateri, Murray or Mo?

is the the one we did win a few seasons ago with TP?

Just now, OAFC1984 said:

Who took the team do we know? Banide, Cadamateri, Murray or Mo?

is the the one we did win a few seasons ago with TP?

Official site match report says "Banide's side". So presume that means him.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

So pretty much a 1st team squad without our 2 best players, managed by Banide, against Barrow reserves/trialists?

No Wheater, Woods, Iacovitti,  Hamer, Maouche,, Fage, Morais, Wilson from the team that started against Plymouth.

Sylla played half a game and Missilou half a game. Nepomuceno and Eagles also not in the squad.

A team that included Sefil, Smith-Brown and Stott in defence plus McHale and Vera further forward. 

I would suggest it was our reserves against their reserves/trialists.

Btw - Who are ‘our 2 best players’? 

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

No Wheater, Woods, Iacovitti,  Hamer, Maouche,, Fage, Morais, Wilson from the team that started against Plymouth.

Sylla played half a game and Missilou half a game. Nepomuceno and Eagles also not in the squad.

A team that included Sefil, Smith-Brown and Stott in defence plus McHale and Vera further forward. 

Wheater and woods at present. Fage also

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wheater and Woods in my opinion.

6 of those who featured last night, featured against Plymouth on Saturday.  And Smith-Brown and Vera have featured regularly this season.  I guess it's all about how you define reserves.  A few changes to the last team isn't a reserve side for me.  Especially when you've got a squad of 30+.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Wheater and Woods in my opinion.

6 of those who featured last night, featured against Plymouth on Saturday.  And Smith-Brown and Vera have featured regularly this season.  I guess it's all about how you define reserves.  A few changes to the last team isn't a reserve side for me.  Especially when you've got a squad of 30+.

So...eight changes to the previous game’s starting eleven described as ‘a few’ ...🤔  

58 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So...eight changes to the previous game’s starting eleven described as ‘a few’ ...🤔  

9 I think.

If we started against Grimsby with Woods for Zabret and Wheater for Sefil from last nights starting 11, you could argue that it wasn't our best XI, but would many argue that it was a reserve team?

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Like I say... all about definitions!

I used to go and watch the reserves when we had one and it was generally a mix of fringe players and returning players with the odd first team regular or bench-warmer thrown in for match practice. I would say last night was no different and also no different in that the players didn't give 100 percent in the commitment and effort stakes. Own goals, wicked deflections and often comical misjudgements, due to the lack of enthusiasm. Penalties are a complete lottery, so no complaints there.

Since when did the Lancashire Senior Cup become the bench mark for the season?

I know everything is not rosy at the club and I am not in the least bit enamoured with the Lemsagams. The canker that seems to have infected the club is spreading to the fans, which is no surprise and it doesn't help by sniping at each other on here.  

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

I used to go and watch the reserves when we had one and it was generally a mix of fringe players and returning players with the odd first team regular or bench-warmer thrown in for match practice. I would say last night was no different and also no different in that the players didn't give 100 percent in the commitment and effort stakes. Own goals, wicked deflections and often comical misjudgements, due to the lack of enthusiasm. Penalties are a complete lottery, so no complaints there.

Since when did the Lancashire Senior Cup become the bench mark for the season?

I know everything is not rosy at the club and I am not in the least bit enamoured with the Lemsagams. The canker that seems to have infected the club is spreading to the fans, which is no surprise and it doesn't help by sniping at each other on here.  

Why wouldn't fringe players give 100% commitment, aren't they are supposed to be fighting for a first team place ?

Archived